2015-2016 WBB schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-2016 WBB schedule

It's early for the full schedule, but the Paradise Jam announces the 2015 teams.

SDSU will be apart of the 2015 Paradise Jam. Other teams participating are Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Old Dominion, and Tulane. Also Notre Dame will be coming to Frost in 2015-2016 season.

More as they develop over the next 10 months.

Re: 2015-2016 WBB schedule

I'm mixed about this season,at least early on, No Waytashek(a rock) and Clarin(unique in post for Jacks, extraordinary quickness and agility) ,Gabby Boever (defensive stalwart, good thief[humor] , Rachel Walters (good shooter who developed and contributed in becoming a good all around player) and Megan Stuart( just a great post player who could contribute with big shots).

Coming back on the other hand, we will have sophs, Miller, Thompson, Alexander, Flaata (will be pretty seasoned as soph's)

Juniors : ...(have to take on more leadership responsibility)Stevens, Young, Ober
    Lone senior: Chloe (dependable, smart player who takes care of the ball and can hit some timely big shots in some games, she has a knack of knowing when she's on and when she's not for shooting, so her season stats are pretty good)

And another stellar Freshman class coming in, (RS) Severyn, Guebert, Graettinger, Mieras, Palmer....good credentials,players who will no doubt make their mark

Lone senior: Chloe Cornemann

Growing pains, there's always an adjustment period anytime you change the equation by taking away certain elements and replacing them with completely different ones. Just hope we adjust fast playing against the teams we will face in this tourney.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-27-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Don't Arkansas and DePaul make their return trips to Frost next year? Or were those games just a 1 time thing?

Comment

So with the announcement of the Paradise Jams teams that the Jacks are playing, I was wondering what other teams SDSU will face in 2015-2016.

These are the games that I know of and that have been released:
        Notre Dame
        Maryland
        Pittsburgh
        Old Dominion
        Northern Colorado
        Arkansas
        DePaul

Possible Games that I could think of that made sense (to me at least):
        Marist (return from 2014-2015)
        @Creighton (Seems like every year SDSU plays them)
        @Middle Tennessee (see Creighton)
        @SHSU (return from 2014-2015)

Please post other games that you think the Jacks could potentially play or games that they will for sure play next season that I've missed.
        Last edited by SanDakotaState; 04-22-2015, 11:48 AM. Reason: Updated

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          So with the announcement of the Paradise Jams teams that the Jacks are playing, I was wondering what other teams SDSU will face in 2015-2016.

Notre Dame
          Maryland
          Pittsburgh
          Old Dominion

DePaul (return from 2014-2015)
          Arkansas (return from 2014-2015)

Please post other games that you think the Jacks could potentially play or games that they will for sure play next season that I've missed.
          We played N Colo on the road ,non-tournament setting,I think they might come to Frost next year.

Last years schedule: http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Don't know about SHSU, we usually don't like to start a H&H at home and we have scheduled a single game at Frost before, one that comes to mind was NJIT and Pepperdine also , a few years back.

Comment

UNC is on the schedule. There is an auction item for that game on the scholarship evening.
            https://myab.co/events/vM/i/_All/17KJ/?search=
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Notre Dame
              Maryland
              Pittsburgh
              Old Dominion

DePaul (return from 2014-2015)
              Arkansas (return from 2014-2015)

AJ said in an interview awhile back that Notre Dame , Arkansas and I believe DePaul will all be playing in Frost within a 10 day period in November.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                AJ said in an interview awhile back that Notre Dame , Arkansas and I believe DePaul will all be playing in Frost within a 10 day period in November.
                Here's a link of AJ KWSN radio interview mentions the dates also,audio only,mention at 10:52.

Comment

Notre Dame
                  Maryland
                  Pittsburgh
                  Old Dominion
                  Northern Colorado
                  Arkansas
                  DePaul

two words for next season: "mental toughness"

Comment

Starting tomorrow we will unveil the @GoJacksWBB home non-conference schedule. Each day a different opponent.

Comment

It appears the OOC schedule will be challenging. They have Marist to open at home on 11/13, Arkansas on 11/18, Portland St on 12/3, N Colorado on 12/5, and DePaul 12/15 in Frost Arena and Notre Dame sometime as well. Add the teams played in the Paradise Jam and that is an aggressive schedule for the Jackrabbits. There is likely more road games to be announced as well. The WBB team is striving for better things.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

SDSU women's OOC schedule:

Home
                        Nov 13th Marist
                        Nov 18th Arkansas
                        Nov 21st Notre Dame
                        Dec 3rd Portland State
                        Dec 5th Northern Colorado
                        Dec 9th Northern Iowa
                        Dec 15th Depaul

Neutral
                        Nov 26-28th Paradise Jam
                        -Nov 26th Pittsburgh (Paradise Jam)
                        -Nov 27th Maryland (Paradise Jam)
                        -No 28th Old Dominon (Paradise Jam)

Away
                        ?
                        ?
                        ?
                        Last edited by SanDakotaState; 06-09-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

SDSU women's OOC schedule:

Home
                          Nov 13th Marist
                          Nov 18th Arkansas
                          Dec 3rd Portland State
                          Dec 5th Northern Colorado
                          Dec 9th Northern Iowa
                          Dec 15th Depaul
                          Dec Notre Dame

Neutral
                          Nov 26-28th Paradise Jam
                          -Nov 26th Pittsburgh (Paradise Jam)
                          -Nov 27th Maryland (Paradise Jam)
                          -No 28th Old Dominon (Paradise Jam)

Away
                          ?
                          ?
                          ?
                          Notre Dame game is Nov 21

Comment

Is there another home game to come? I saw this on Twitter today..

@GoJacksSDSU: We will reveal the last @GoJacksWBB home non-conference opponent tomorrow at 10:30 AM. You'll want to stay tuned for that one, trust us!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Is there another home game to come? I saw this on Twitter today..

@GoJacksSDSU: We will reveal the last @GoJacksWBB home non-conference opponent tomorrow at 10:30 AM. You'll want to stay tuned for that one, trust us!
                              That may be the Notre Dame game that Jack Daniel referred to. The WBB staff has not brought a confirmed date for that game yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X