Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here we go again! NDSU Round 2

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    To our Bison friends: keep in mind we have a section dedicated to smack. I think this week on the message boards may be a little spirited. Fortunately for both teams, those of us who chose to spend time on message boards will have little to do with the actual outcome of the game (I say "little" because some will physically show up at the game and yell a lot).

And, for my fellow Jackrabbit fans: if the smack shoe fits, wear it.
    My question was not smack yet you choose not to answer?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Any chance they can open the roof on the dome so its played in the elements? That would sure help our chances.
      Maybe so but I have a really good feeling about stars aligning no matter where this game is played.

Comment

SDSU - 89 yards rush, 21:40. TOP
        NDSU - 290 yards rush, 38:20 TOP

Unless those 2 elements change drastically, the outcome will be the same. We can't score with our high powered offense if we don't have the ball.

Going to take a monumental effort, but it can be done. If the D can't stop or at least marginalize their running game, we have no shot.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

Unless those 2 elements change drastically, the outcome will be the same. We can't score with our high powered offense if we don't have the ball.

Going to take a monumental effort, but it can be done. If the D can't stop or at least marginalize their running game, we have no shot.
          One things for sure, if we tackle like we did today, the Bison will run for 400+ yards.

Comment

It will take a very good game on our part, but I am confident we've never gone into Fargo with the offensive weapons we have now. Summer was a completely immobile statue in the last game. The Bison D did not even have to worry about a QB sneak on short yardage in that game. He's a different player now, both in mobility and experience.

The defense, on the other hand, will have to step up big.

Comment

My family and I got 8 tickets from a Bison season ticket holder, 2nd row! $125 a piece, but their worth every penny to us! Can't wait to be in the best FCS atmosphere. No matter who wins I have nothing but respect for the Bison and their coaching staff. May the best team win! I love the MVFC!!!!!

GBGBGJ

Comment

Stig's team has used the indoor facility to its advantage this season. I was at the game at NDSU and the orchestrated noise (that is, the head of the NDSU cheerleading program who has a side-job of PA announcer tells the crowd when to make noise -- you know, I may be wrong about that guy being the head of the NDSU cheerleading program) on third-down didn't do anything to SDSU this year. My recollection is we had no missteps attributable to noise.

A playoff crowd at Fargo may be a touch different than the regular-season crowd. Some Bison partisans think there's a boredom factor because the Bison simply do not lose in Fargo. I'm willing to believe there may be something to that. I think the Bison fans that show up for a playoff will be extremely active and vocal -- no boredom factor present in the post-season.
                There are a lot of corporate season tickets in the regular season with fans whom arent really bison fans either. Seems like theres more vocal fans for the playoffs. I know the last two years throughout the regular season the six seats behind us was different people every time. None of them ever stood or cheered really. The playoffs was people who were loud and stood.

Comment

I haven't been to the Fargodome since I was 12! Going next weekend and I can't wait for a great atmosphere! I'm now 24, can any BiZon fans tell me where to get some beers before and after the game? Win or lose we still booze!

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post

This here.

I'm sure Stig will stack the box to make Wentz try and beat the Jacks, I would. Wentz has been playing pretty well the last few games.

I think SDSU is going to try and exploit the Bison corners and they should..... 6-5 versus 5-10

If Sumner gets into a "rhythm" it could be a long day for the Bison.

There are no secrets between these teams. The Bison are going to try and run north/south right at the defense and SDSU will try and get ZZ going and mix in Sumner's passing. Can the Bison win for the 7th time in a row? Can the Jacks go on the road to Fargo and win?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                      I haven't been to the Fargodome since I was 12! Going next weekend and I can't wait for a great atmosphere! I'm now 24, can any BiZon fans tell me where to get some beers before and after the game? Win or lose we still booze!

GO JACKS!
                      West lot........recently ranked in top 25 of all college tailgates.

Comment

Anyone watch the uni game? What did they do that held them in check?
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post

GO JACKS!
                          No reason to hit the bars...come out tailgating! You will be welcome before and after the game no matter the outcome. Lots of tents and heaters will be set up so don't worry about the elements.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                            My question was not smack yet you choose not to answer?
                            Was an answer required? (By the way, read post 11.)

Comment

T Vandrovec reporting the NDSU game will be available on ESPN3 and MAY be available on ESPN College Game Plan.
                              Last edited by JackJD; 11-30-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Was an answer required? (By the way, read post 11.)
                                Nice. It will be epic. I expect jacks will give NDSU everything they got. Your big problem will be stopping ndsu on the ground. You need a big mean nose tackle to do it......see UNI NDSU tape.

Comment

Working...
                                X