Chadron State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadron State

A bit premature, but tonight will go down as the most unwatchable 80 minutes of basketball I've witnessed in a long time...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Chadron State

What is the score?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

36-12 at half. Classic exhibition game. Lots of lineup changes. Relatively ilttle motivation and energy. Hopefully it helps some guys that are lower on the depth chart.

Comment

Don't believe this is an exhibition even though it's against lower division.

Comment

Semantics. It sure feels like "pre-season". It looked like CSU might not hit double digits by half even though we were playing five non-starters at times.

Comment

Broman should be a significantly better free throw shooter than he is.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

87-42 Final

Every player scored except for Horstman.....

Comment

I find the make up of D2 teams usually very interesting. Usually good athletes but not particularly skilled. I was surprised by the "reach" of the recruiting at Chadron. Players from all over the country etc. That being said, that was a terrible team. I can't believe they would stay within 20 of DW.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                  I find the make up of D2 teams usually very interesting. Usually good athletes but not particularly skilled. I was surprised by the "reach" of the recruiting at Chadron. Players from all over the country etc. That being said, that was a terrible team. I can't believe they would stay within 20 of DW.
                  I agree. It usually ends up being one or the other, right? Either they're solid athletes who are just so unskilled/raw that coaches aren't committed to the "project" of turning them into a polished player, or they're really skilled (or have incredible court IQ) and just have little to no athleticism. Then there are just the headcases who have bits and pieces of a strong physical game but nothing in regards to the mental aspect of the game.

That's the fun/frustration of these guys at the D2 level. You have to hope with each recruiting class that at least one or two of those kids will surprise you and end up being a better combination of skills and athleticism than D1 coaches (and/or other D2 coaches) might have recognized during the player's recruiting process. Or that the coaches will develop that player's deficiencies and turn him or her into an all-around good player by the end of his career.

Granted, that still happens regularly at the D1 level too, most obviously when it's not the Dukes/Arizonas/Kansases of the world.

Comment

Working...
                  X