MBB Summit OOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBB Summit OOC

Denver(2-1) shoots 57% from the field and beats Coppin St (0-4) 80-54.

Yotes(0-5) go to overtime for second day in a row and lose another OT game to Fairfield(2-3).
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: MBB Summit OOC

WIU got drilled by William & Mary 83-49
    IUPUI is struggling against Drake 25-34 halftime
    NDSU hasn't been able to pull away from UM-Crookston 39-34 halftime
    UNO is trying to stay with UNL 34-42 halftime

Comment

NDSU beats D2 UM-Crookston by 1 in Fargo. Crookston missed a jumper to win the game. SDSU beat a D2 team by 45 points last night while NDSU wins by 1 tonight. UMC was picked 16th in the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        NDSU beats D2 UM-Crookston by 1 in Fargo. Crookston missed a jumper to win the game. SDSU beat a D2 team by 45 points last night while NDSU wins by 1 tonight. UMC was picked 16th in the NSIC.
        Oof.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Let's put this NDSU-Crookston thing in perspective. Crookston doesn't belong in the Northern Sun, it should be NAIA in the North Star, in fact it probably will be. Crookston lost to D3 Wisconsin-Superior, it lost to D2 Seattle Pacific 38-90, and beat Crossroads College (a Bible school) by four points. What in hell is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            Let's put this NDSU-Crookston thing in perspective. Crookston doesn't belong in the Northern Sun, it should be NAIA in the North Star, in fact it probably will be. Crookston lost to D3 Wisconsin-Superior, it lost to D2 Seattle Pacific 38-90, and beat Crossroads College (a Bible school) by four points. What in hell is going on here?
            The Bison laid an egg at home. I think they are a better team than what they showed in this game.

Comment

MBB Summit OOC

It's a sign of the current state of the Summit. The Bison are certainly a better team than they showed last night, but they are a long way from the level they played at the last two years.

Our team has not exactly looked great either, but at least we can look forward to adding a player with big time potential shortly before the conference season. Omaha might end up being the team to beat and they're still not tourney eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                It's a sign of the current state of the Summit. The Bison are certainly a better team than they showed last night, but they are a long way from the level they played at the last two years.

Our team has not exactly looked great either, but at least we can look forward to adding a player with big time potential shortly before the conference season. Omaha might end up being the team to beat and they're still not tourney eligible.

Omaha looks good at the start of every season. What always catches up with them come conference time is the fact that defense is optional to them.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                  As a fan of an NSIC team, my instinct is to jump in here and be all like, "Oh, but hey, D2 basketball is better than you guys think."

But the truth is, Crookston is not good at basketball. Or any sport. I believe their strongest sport last year was women's basketball, where they finished 12th out of the 16 teams in the NSIC.

Honestly, NDSU should have beaten these guys by 40+. As mentioned, they got DESTROYED by Seattle Pacific (who isn't even a Top 25 D2 team), and have been (and will be) soundly beaten by many other average teams. Even on the most off night possible, NDSU's bench should've been able to beat Crookston by 10-15. It's really weird.

That being said, Crookston will be stronger in 2-3 years. They actually have a pretty highly touted (by local D2 standards) recruiting class for 2015, snagging several kids who had multiple NSIC offers. In a few years, a 1-point loss to a regional D1 team wouldn't totally shock me. But the 2014-15 Crookston Golden Eagles should NOT have even hung within 15 points of NDSU. Obviously things happen and the Bison fans might not need to go into full panic mode yet, but, knowing what I know and have seen from Crookston in past years and this year, I'd definitely be a little anxious if I were a Bison fan.

Comment

IPFW falls at Dartmouth at the buzzer...67-68

Tough loss for the Dons.

Comment

IUPUI 63-66 against Ga St.
                      Omaha 78 Nevada 54
                      WIU 60 Greenville 57 as it appears on live stat sheet
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        Omaha looks good at the start of every season. What always catches up with them come conference time is the fact that defense is optional to them.
                        Have been Turing ball over way to much and defense is lacking but they are fun to watch.

Comment

NDSU 72 Montana State 51

Rough weekend to be a Bobcat...Dakota domination.

Comment

I don't know much about Montana State's team this year but normally Montana State is a good basketball team -- nice win for the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              I don't know much about Montana State's team this year but normally Montana State is a good basketball team -- nice win for the Bison.
                              They were picked second to last in pre-season media and coaches poll.

Comment

Working...
                              X