All things Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things Montana State

I was just on Bobcatnation.com. They have no idea who will be starting at QB for them - the depth chart released has Prukop or Bleskin or some third guy. No one named the starter. Prukop is their stud who is up for the Payton award. He is a dual threat, which we all hate around here. Here's the stats I found on AGS

QB Dakota Prukop, Montana State, Soph.- 152-227, 2279 yards, 17 TD, 6 INT, 67%, 227.9 yds/gm, 170.7 pass eff., 159 carries, 932 yards, 5.9ypc, 13 TD, 93.2 yds/gm in 10 games.

Pretty damn effective. Now, again, this is against Big Sky defenses so take with a grain of salt, but our defense hasn't exactly been spectacular this year either. However, MSU has only beat two teams with winning records in their conference: Sacramento State and Idaho State. The rest were the bottom feeders in that league.

Prukop allegedly has a sprained MCL. Not sure when it happened, but possibly two weeks ago. Maybe our resident MD can give us some information on that injury. I would much rather see the back-up Bleskin, who threw 5 picks and fumbled once against Montana, than a dual threat QB up for the Payton Award.

Ground and pound and mix in the play action, control the time of possession, and wear them out in the 4th. Hopefully that plan works as well as it did against NAU last year in the first round. I expect ZZ to have a pretty huge day.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Ground and pound and mix in the play action, control the time of possession, and wear them out in the 4th. Hopefully that plan works as well as it did against NAU last year in the first round. I expect ZZ to have a pretty huge day.
      I do expect the Jacks to pound the ball with Zenner , but with the way Sumner has been attacking defenses downfield , I expect some early bombs to be mixed in there as well. Has anyone heard anything about Schneider's status ? Stig mentioned on the postgame radio interview that he thought he was making a trip to the hospital for x-rays.

Comment

My understanding is that he is "probable" for the MSU game.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but after you wipe the floor with Montana St., we are going to need your help: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-playoff-games

I will wait until Saturday to start a thread.

Comment

How healthy are the Jacks this week?

Comment

If any of you are thinking of going MSU is a great place to watch a game. Great fans, cool stadium and a beautiful setting. Had a blast there in 2010, probably my favorite FCS roadtrip I've taken.

Bozeman is a fun town as well. Good luck Rabbits, I expect to see you guys in Fargo next week.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                I was just on Bobcatnation.com. They have no idea who will be starting at QB for them - the depth chart released has Prukop or Bleskin or some third guy. No one named the starter. Prukop is their stud who is up for the Payton award. He is a dual threat, which we all hate around here. Here's the stats I found on AGS

QB Dakota Prukop, Montana State, Soph.- 152-227, 2279 yards, 17 TD, 6 INT, 67%, 227.9 yds/gm, 170.7 pass eff., 159 carries, 932 yards, 5.9ypc, 13 TD, 93.2 yds/gm in 10 games.

Pretty damn effective. Now, again, this is against Big Sky defenses so take with a grain of salt, but our defense hasn't exactly been spectacular this year either. However, MSU has only beat two teams with winning records in their conference: Sacramento State and Idaho State. The rest were the bottom feeders in that league.

Prukop allegedly has a sprained MCL. Not sure when it happened, but possibly two weeks ago. Maybe our resident MD can give us some information on that injury. I would much rather see the back-up Bleskin, who threw 5 picks and fumbled once against Montana, than a dual threat QB up for the Payton Award.

Prukop makes them click. MCL sprains are graded from I-III in the worst case its a tear (usually associated with ACL tear and meniscal injury i.e. the "unhappy triad"). If its a grade I sprain he probably plays with almost no debility. If its a grade II sprain than his mobility will be limited for about 4-6 weeks and he puts himself at risk for additional injury. If its more than just a sprain and his meniscus in injured that complicates things further. I think its safe to say he won't be 100% by Saturday but that doesn't mean he won't start or be effective. I suspect Jacks are game planning for him.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                  If any of you are thinking of going MSU is a great place to watch a game. Great fans, cool stadium and a beautiful setting. Had a blast there in 2010, probably my favorite FCS roadtrip I've taken.

Bozeman is a fun town as well. Good luck Rabbits, I expect to see you guys in Fargo next week.
                  Ditto, had an absolute blast in 2010, we went out downtown to a college bar and the students in there were awesome even after we beat them down, would go again in a heartbeat, but yes like everywhere there were some drunk idiots but if you ignore them its all good. Couple photos from my seat FYI i dont know how to make them larger so can anyone help out?
                  IMG00009-20101204-1513.jpg

IMG00008-20101204-1250.jpg

IMG00010-20101204-1513.jpg
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    Ditto, had an absolute blast in 2010, we went out downtown to a college bar and the students in there were awesome even after we beat them down, would go again in a heartbeat, but yes like everywhere there were some drunk idiots but if you ignore them its all good. Couple photos from my seat FYI i dont know how to make them larger so can anyone help out?
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]550[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]549[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551[/ATTACH]
                    They've filled in that south endzone too. Makes it a lot nicer. Bozeman has some great drinking establishments.

I move away and then the Jacks get sent there for a playoff game...

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I do expect the Jacks to pound the ball with Zenner , but with the way Sumner has been attacking defenses downfield , I expect some early bombs to be mixed in there as well. Has anyone heard anything about Schneider's status ? Stig mentioned on the postgame radio interview that he thought he was making a trip to the hospital for x-rays.
                      TV said Stig told him Schneider will play.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was curious about the coach at MSU. I recall a clean guy from Iowa taking over. His name is Bob Ash and had great career at Drake. He kind of reminds me of Stig in his moral outlook.

http://www.msubobcats.com/coaches.as...&path=football

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Prukop makes them click. MCL sprains are graded from I-III in the worst case its a tear (usually associated with ACL tear and meniscal injury i.e. the "unhappy triad"). If its a grade I sprain he probably plays with almost no debility. If its a grade II sprain than his mobility will be limited for about 4-6 weeks and he puts himself at risk for additional injury. If its more than just a sprain and his meniscus in injured that complicates things further. I think its safe to say he won't be 100% by Saturday but that doesn't mean he won't start or be effective. I suspect Jacks are game planning for him.
                          The doctor is in the house. Always learn something from your medical posts. Maybe a sticky string?

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful that our Jacks and the Seniors have another game to play. Win or lose it has been a privlage to watch Austin, Zach, Jason, and the rest of the Jackrabbit seniors the past few years. All of us who have watched them are lucky. I hope we get a few more weeks of 2014 Jackrabbit football! I wish I could make it to Bozeman this Saturday, if we get the "W" this weekend I'll be in Fargo next weekend!!!!

GBGBGJ

Comment

Happy "Jacks"giving!!! I did check my guide on DirecTV this morning, the game will be on ESPN Game Plan. Which I will be watching intently!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monte-Jackrabbit View Post
                                Happy "Jacks"giving!!! I did check my guide on DirecTV this morning, the game will be on ESPN Game Plan. Which I will be watching intently!!
                                What was the price? I am far away from my directv right now.
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X