All things Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All things Montana State

Anyone making the trek to Bozeman? I'd consider it, but I have to go to Thanksgiving on Saturday at my in-laws. I have already been informed there will be no cross country trip for me.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      ESPN3...and because it's ESPN3 there will be no other viewing options.
      I recommend the inexpensive little device known as a Chromecast...then call up ESPN3 on Google Chrome on your computer, and cast it up to your big screen TV.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Anyone making the trek to Bozeman? I'd consider it, but I have to go to Thanksgiving on Saturday at my in-laws. I have already been informed there will be no cross country trip for me.
        Hitting the I-90 Speedway friday, I think I got the blessing when I opted to drive the family saturday in the fog instead of go to the U game. To quote Waterworld "Good trade!" Can't wait

Comment

I hope we beat those son of a guns,

Copied and pasted this off the Montana State website:
          "last meeting between the two was a hard-fought 27-24 Bobcat win in Bozeman in 2004."

I remember that game...listening to it on the radio... numerous and multiple late hits, and alot of "chippy" play by the Bobcats that day.

I know none of their current team had anything to do with that outing, but I have been waiting for them ever since!

Let's Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            I hope we beat those son of a guns,

Copied and pasted this off the Montana State website:
            "last meeting between the two was a hard-fought 27-24 Bobcat win in Bozeman in 2004."

I remember that game...listening to it on the radio... numerous and multiple late hits, and alot of "chippy" play by the Bobcats that day.

I know none of their current team had anything to do with that outing, but I have been waiting for them ever since!

Let's Go Jackrabbits!
            Holding a 10 year old grudge? Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I recommend the inexpensive little device known as a Chromecast...then call up ESPN3 on Google Chrome on your computer, and cast it up to your big screen TV.

JD...do I still have to have a "provider" if I purchase Google chrome or Apple TV?? I have Mediacom which has ESPN3 but they do not offer the LIvE productions. I'm trying to get my Brothers username and password through MidContinent but if this Google Chrome device works I'll do that.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

JD...do I still have to have a "provider" if I purchase Google chrome or Apple TV?? I have Mediacom which has ESPN3 but they do not offer the LIvE productions. I'm trying to get my Brothers username and password through MidContinent but if this Google Chrome device works I'll do that.
                you will still need an ESPN3 login. it is an APP that "casts" from the computer(or phone) to the Chromecast. and BTW the Chromecast is worth every penny and on sale several places for an extra 10 off during Black Friday!

http://bfads.net/Item/Walmart-Black-...-Player/227306

Comment

Roku boxes/sticks also have an ESPN app available that will stream ESPN3 games (but again, you need a cable provider that gets you in the door for ESPN3 access).
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Roku boxes/sticks also have an ESPN app available that will stream ESPN3 games (but again, you need a cable provider that gets you in the door for ESPN3 access).
                    Or a friend with a cable provider that has ESPN3. Another nice plus of ESPN3 is not only the wide assortment of live games, but they also archive all the games so you can view them on demand.
                    USD Fan

Comment

hi everyone. congrats on making the playoffs and hopefully many of you can make it to bozeman this weekend.

there is not much that i can report on at this time because even we fans aren't really sure what we will see this weekend. generally speaking what we have had this year is a very good offense, and a very average defense. teams seem to run and throw on us at will. however, we had i believe 5 games this year with over 300 yards rushing and like you guys we mix up the pass as well. basically, we play average defense and simply outscore our opponents.

however, against cal poly we lost our most explosive player in our running back shawn johnson to a hammy injury. and a couple weeks ago we lost our starting qb who was responsible for about 100 yards a game on the ground. most of us expect to have johnson back this week which will be a huge boost to our offense. but we're all in the dark in regards to our qb which is leading to the doom and gloom vibe over at bobcatnation right now.

i think all of us think we're a better team with our starter, prukop leading the offense. our backup jake bleskin played a a pretty good game two weeks ago against idaho state although he did have a couple interceptions. but it was essentially a must win game and he did what he needed to do. however, we are only two days removed from one of the worst performances many of us have ever seen. as a team we had 7 turnovers against the griz and bleskin was responsible for 6 of them; 5 interceptions and a fumble! this game is what is really dividing cat fans right now. some think we have no chance with him starting while other such as myself think he can get the job done if healthy. which is also a question. rumor has it that his shoulder was hurt in the 1st quarter saturday and he tried to play through it. if he's out we're down to our third string, redshirt freshman leading the way.

i am very excited about this game and think that it could go either way. you guys appear to be healthier than us which makes me nervous. you have a pretty solid offense which always makes me nervous. but i love that we get this game at home. our fans have been great this year but i admit i'm curious to see what the beatdown we just received from our hated rivals does to attendance this week. fans can be fickle.

best of luck to you guys and i hope many of you can make the trip and enjoy every minute in beautiful bozeman montana!

Comment

Just saw your message. Others have correctly answered. The Chromecast device essentially transfers what is on your computer, smartphone or tablet to your TV using your wireless network. You will still need a method for getting the game on ESPN3.
                        Last edited by JackJD; 11-25-2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovethecats View Post
                          hi everyone. congrats on making the playoffs and hopefully many of you can make it to bozeman this weekend.

there is not much that i can report on at this time because even we fans aren't really sure what we will see this weekend. generally speaking what we have had this year is a very good offense, and a very average defense. teams seem to run and throw on us at will. however, we had i believe 5 games this year with over 300 yards rushing and like you guys we mix up the pass as well. basically, we play average defense and simply outscore our opponents.

however, against cal poly we lost our most explosive player in our running back shawn johnson to a hammy injury. and a couple weeks ago we lost our starting qb who was responsible for about 100 yards a game on the ground. most of us expect to have johnson back this week which will be a huge boost to our offense. but we're all in the dark in regards to our qb which is leading to the doom and gloom vibe over at bobcatnation right now.

i think all of us think we're a better team with our starter, prukop leading the offense. our backup jake bleskin played a a pretty good game two weeks ago against idaho state although he did have a couple interceptions. but it was essentially a must win game and he did what he needed to do. however, we are only two days removed from one of the worst performances many of us have ever seen. as a team we had 7 turnovers against the griz and bleskin was responsible for 6 of them; 5 interceptions and a fumble! this game is what is really dividing cat fans right now. some think we have no chance with him starting while other such as myself think he can get the job done if healthy. which is also a question. rumor has it that his shoulder was hurt in the 1st quarter saturday and he tried to play through it. if he's out we're down to our third string, redshirt freshman leading the way.

i am very excited about this game and think that it could go either way. you guys appear to be healthier than us which makes me nervous. you have a pretty solid offense which always makes me nervous. but i love that we get this game at home. our fans have been great this year but i admit i'm curious to see what the beatdown we just received from our hated rivals does to attendance this week. fans can be fickle.

best of luck to you guys and i hope many of you can make the trip and enjoy every minute in beautiful bozeman montana!
                          Welcome to the board and thank you for the insight.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

I was listening to KFGO from Fargo yesterday afternoon. The show host had the voice of the bison on "My oh MY" Scott Miller. The host Mike McFeeley was discussing the playoff picture and how it affected NDSU. What did surprise me was that Scott said that he hoped NDSU would face MSU rather than SDSU in the second round. He said SDSU seems to know how to deal with the crowd noise and that plus our other game might just give us an edge. BTW Travis Beck is done for the season, having surgery soon on knee. I cant believe how the loss of one player is that big of a deal, but it is apparently. Like loosing ZZ? I don't know. Win in Bozeman and we may find out.

Comment

I watched the NAU playoff game last year on my computer plugged into my big screen. I have mediacom and required nothing to get the live feed. I have mediacom as my internet provider also, so that may be why that worked. If you have an Ipad or Iphone you can download the watch espn app, it's also free I believe. If anything check with mediacom and they should be able to give you an answer.

Comment

Jacks Fans in or visiting Las Vegas:

Join Bobcats Fans on Saturday, November 29 at Buffalo Wild Wings, 4280 S. Hualapai in southwest Las Vegas to watch the game.

Game time is 1:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.

Tell nevadacat you saw this on your board and he'll buy your first drink.

MAP --> https://www.google.com/maps/dir//428...3,-115.3166207

Comment

Working...
                                X