SDSU Jackrabbits vs Sam Houston State BearKats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Jackrabbits vs Sam Houston State BearKats

If there is a game that the women should win easily, this is the game. The BearKats are 0-2 with the last loss coming at the hands of NAIA Wiley College. The BearKats are shooting 33% from the field and about 50% from the freethrow line as they are averaging below 50 pts/game. The starting lineup has 6'2" forward with 4 guards filling out the starters between 5'5"-5'8". The BearKats are picked to finish 10th out of 13 in the Southland Conference.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Sam Houston State BearKats

This one will be over at the tip. Just what the ladies need. I'm all for scheduling tough non-conference opponents, but you need a few like this one too.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

First three games in the OOC portion of the schedule, record1-2. We win game one against a team that may not be as good as early projections indicated, gave up about half of a good sized lead.
      Lost to a good three point shooting team by giving up too many three pointers.
      Finally lost to a team noted for causing turn overs, by committing too many turnovers.
      What do we know about this team? That we play to others strength's too much.

If we don't destroy Sam Houston State, I'll still be wondering how good we can be with no clear answer four games into the season. Destroying Sam Houston State however, will not provide the answers that a win,say, over UWGB, Middle Tenn State , Arkansas, or UALR ,or Marist will. It will get the ball rolling however.

I shouldn't sound so dreary, both Creighton and DePaul should finish toward the top of the B EAST, and BYU might catch fire after adjusting to life after Hamson.We've played pretty well so far, against above average teams despite growing pains, so happy with that
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-23-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

It looks like the SDSU length is going to be a problem for SHSU. Defense is smothering them. Blocked shots, tippe passes and rebounds. 16-3 lead after 7:00.

Comment

six turn overs so far against a poor team. this is going to be a problem again this year just like the last six or seven seasons

Comment

Freshman and sophomore point guards, no matter how athletically gifted or court-savvy they are, are rarely a recipe for success when you start playing quality teams in D-I.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

just bad throws and now rushing their shots. trying to go inside which is good but careless play. slow down and think.

Comment

like watching two high school teams for awhile there. think Chloe was the most surprised person in the building when that buzzer beater went it.

Comment

Jacks finally getting back to running the offense with Clarin and Waytashek back in. There for awhile it was two passes and chuck up a three which resulted in 1 for 14 Jacks shooting.

Comment

I can't say anything, I think I'm beginning to sound like an old grouch.

Comment

Score?
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Terry said it best one of the the top 5 worst games he's seen the Jacks play at Frost.

Comment

For cripes sake...did we lose?

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            For cripes sake...did we lose?
                            Jacks won 60-49. Jacks had a 40-17 lead at halftime and were outscored 32-20 in the second half. SDSU chucked up 19 threes in the second half, making only 2 of them.

SHSU lost to NAIA Wiley by 17 their last time out.

Comment

Ugh...thanks...I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X