Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
    Severyn not gonna get much playing time?
    He did not get in the game. Thiesen played very briefly in first half.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      HC Hones was the technical for protesting to vigorously for Larson foul.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk
      Number 15 (?) got the technical because it cost him a personal foul and it ended up being his fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Number 15 (?) got the technical because it cost him a personal foul and it ended up being his fifth.
        Yup. The 'T' was not on their head coach. It was on #14 Terrel de Rouen.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          #14 got the T- Terrel Den Rouen

Comment

Parks is a great scorer with above average speed, but he will need to remember other players are on the floor with him. The players he sees against him are better defenders than he may have seen the last couple of years which takes him into awkward spots. It was great to see the Jackrabbits stay after UND the second half. The defense was MUCH better and the offense finally put some little runs together. I was surprised to hear Coach Nagy shoulder the blame for the defensive scheme for the first half performance.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Didnt get a chance to see any of the game because NDSU was playing at the same time but interested to see what you guys thought of UND. Saw the halftime score and was very surprised at it. Thought there was a good chance you guys would come back because winning at Frost isn't easy for visiting teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                Didnt get a chance to see any of the game because NDSU was playing at the same time but interested to see what you guys thought of UND. Saw the halftime score and was very surprised at it. Thought there was a good chance you guys would come back because winning at Frost isn't easy for visiting teams.
                UND showed good speed on defense and offense. The defense trapped the ball quite effectively the first half. It did not make any difference where the ball went they were trapping the ball handler. UND could run the pick and roll at will against the Jackrabbits in the first half and shot a high FG %. UND shot poorly from the free throw line.

Comment

UND is very athletic: fast, good jumpers. They made 16 of 29 free throws and that stat cost them the game.

The Jacks are going through a maturation process as a team. I think one of the high points was the way they battled and scratched and clawed themselves back into the game, winning in the final minute.

Comment

Parks will be great off the ball. 19 points on 10 shots is extremely efficient and something the Jacks need.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paV7EI7wOZY&feature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Parks will be great off the ball. 19 points on 10 shots is extremely efficient and something the Jacks need.
                        100% agree. We are going to have a very strong presence out on the wings with Bittle, Parks, Flatten, and Broman if Marshall is capable of driving and dishing like a natural PG.

Comment

I dislike the term combo guard completely. The primary reason we won was because of Parks 5th foul. The focus then was ball movement, in/out from the post and a desire to get the ball to Cody. Give UND credit, until the last 5 minutes they played well. Our ball screen defense was atrocious in the first half and so were the lack of rotations from the bigs or the offside guard. Give us credit for fixing it in the second half and doing a nice job in that regard. I know Zach is a senior but he's got to start giving us more production. He isn't a threat from the 3 point line at all and I was under the impression that was his strength.

All that being said, it was a tremendous gut check comeback and I thought the student section in the second half was pretty good. First half? Same effort as the team!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                            I dislike the term combo guard completely. The primary reason we won was because of Parks 5th foul. The focus then was ball movement, in/out from the post and a desire to get the ball to Cody. Give UND credit, until the last 5 minutes they played well. Our ball screen defense was atrocious in the first half and so were the lack of rotations from the bigs or the offside guard. Give us credit for fixing it in the second half and doing a nice job in that regard. I know Zach is a senior but he's got to start giving us more production. He isn't a threat from the 3 point line at all and I was under the impression that was his strength.

All that being said, it was a tremendous gut check comeback and I thought the student section in the second half was pretty good. First half? Same effort as the team!
                            Total BS post on Parks! We are even in a position to win that game at the end without his offensive aggressiveness and on-ball defense.

Comment

I don't get either. Are you saying we needed to foul out Parks in order to win?

Comment

Not a BS post at all and I'd encourage you to review the film. His on the ball defense is average and he got into foul trouble by reaching etc. We were in position to be down 10 with 3 minutes to go because of how well he played yet outscored them by 13 in the last 4 min with him on the bench? Too simplistic for sure but his roll as a pg is not that of a shooter or scorer. The BIGGEST issue facing this team right now is our inability to get into an offense. Broman running the point and moving the ball as well as the Jacks keeping the ND pg's from going right every time they wanted to get to the rim was the key to win. People love flash and getting to the rim. I get that but Parks doesn't pick his spots well at all. 22 mins and 0 assists. The biggest advantage you have on the floor is Larson over the UND bigs and you have to take advantage of that as a PG. Cody was huge the last 4 min. Coincidence? Nope.

Comment

Working...
                                X