North Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota

I can't quite see the point 3ptJackrabbit makes entirely. I thought his defense was average and that 5th foul was a bad one. However, Parks at time was the one to make things happen offensively when nobody else would. He caught a couple passes on the perimeter and let them fly like he will do as a 2 guard. That is the natural spot on those shots came very naturally to him.

Bottom line is the team gutted out the win which is very encouraging. So, they're 1-2. They probably should have won both on the road and should've lost this one. All three contests ended up being close down the stretch which gave all of our players great minutes at critical times. That will bode well for us down the road. Was it pretty? Hell no! But, we'll take the W!

Give these guys a little time! They're going to get there!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Agree with my post or not (it's my opinion and I've been told I'm wrong quite a bit by my wife) but 85 min and 4 assists is an issue as a PG. I would like to see Broman running point more and Parks at the 2 in the game tonight and see if we can get more flow to the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
        Agree with my post or not (it's my opinion and I've been told I'm wrong quite a bit by my wife) but 85 min and 4 assists is an issue as a PG. I would like to see Broman running point more and Parks at the 2 in the game tonight and see if we can get more flow to the offense.
        I will Disagree with 3ptJcakrabbit's point if and only if we all agree that the Bucks were never any better off when Nate was/is on the floor. for the record you can't have it both ways. and lets not dive into the Parks ins't Nate discussion. what I'm really trying to say is, although he may not be completely right or wrong, there is some validity in 3ptJackrabbit's point as well as those who disagree.

Comment

I think everyone realizes that whoever plays the point guard is basically a place-holder for another 3 weeks or so until Marshall becomes eligible. It's my opinion that both Parks and Broman are better suited to play the 2. Even after Marshall starts playing , I don't think there is another pure point guard on the roster to provide back-up minutes. That's why it is so important to bring a point guard (high school or JUCO) into the program next year to get some experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            I think everyone realizes that whoever plays the point guard is basically a place-holder for another 3 weeks or so until Marshall becomes eligible. It's my opinion that both Parks and Broman are better suited to play the 2. Even after Marshall starts playing , I don't think there is another pure point guard on the roster to provide back-up minutes. That's why it is so important to bring a point guard (high school or JUCO) into the program next year to get some experience.
            When does Marshall get to play his first game? It is after the fall semester ends, or does he have to wait 'til the spring semester starts?

Comment

Originally posted by 13jacks View Post
              When does Marshall get to play his first game? It is after the fall semester ends, or does he have to wait 'til the spring semester starts?
              As soon as the grades are listed on his records by his instructors for the first semester he will be able to play.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 13jacks View Post
                I think Marshall's first game will be on Dec 18th. That would mean that he has to sit out 6 more games. Four of those six games are at home, one is in SF and one is @ St. Louis.
                Two of the 4 home games are against Chadron State and Wayne State so that will work out good. We should be able to beat them without Marshall and some of the other players will get more playing time that they need.
                The other 2 home games should be winnable, too. They are against Idaho(lost by 2 @ Idaho earlier) and UMKC.
                We will see how the Florida Gulf Coast and St Louis games go.

As far as this discussion goes, we need Parks to play a lot but he is not a point guard. If he is the best player that we have at bringing the ball up the court, he should be doing that. If you don't have anybody that can get the ball up you won't have anybody trying to score. You would hope that we have some other options but I'm not the coach so I don't know if we do or not.

I guess grades are due Monday, Dec 22nd at midnight so I might have been off . That would be a bummer since we have 3 games in 3 days the weekend before then.

Comment

Other than Bittle, no one else on the Jacks had a more efficient offensive performance than Parks.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Why I'm Not A Coach, Example 57,398 (approximately):

I'd have Bittle bringing the ball up the court and running the team, and let Parks go nuts as the off-guard. I suspect part of his "trying too hard" problem that IMHO he has, is that he's actually trying to do too much by playing the point while not really having made the mental transition from the mentality as a shooting guard to a point guard mentality.

The problem is exacerbated by the fact he's trying to run Nagy's offense as a newbie to the offense, AND he's generally playing better opposition than he faced as a juco. Life as a guard in D-I is not easy, especially at the point, which is one reason why the animal that Wolters developed into is so remarkable.

I think he'll be just fine eventually, he's just in kind of a bad spot, on a team where maybe except for Bittle and Larson, nobody has quite settled into what their roles will be once Marshall comes online.

This team will, I think, get a LOT better as the season goes on. Stubbing their toes out of the gate is not exactly unexpected. Seems like Nagy's teams usually start a bit slowly anyway.

Being "the team nobody wants to play" come tournament time is what we all should be shooting for.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Can't argue the fact that the game was won with Parks on the bench. Your point is well taken. Basketball guys know exactly what your saying. No way the coaches want Parks as the main offensive option as the season goes on. He had a nice night scoring and the Jacks needed that. Having him on the bench at the end definitely helped the Jacks finish the comeback IMHO.

Frustrating to watch a team struggle but that's how it goes early in the season when you have a bunch of new guys. Need to get better each game, each week, the goal is to get 3 wins in S Falls in March.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not a BS post at all and I'd encourage you to review the film. His on the ball defense is average and he got into foul trouble by reaching etc. We were in position to be down 10 with 3 minutes to go because of how well he played yet outscored them by 13 in the last 4 min with him on the bench? Too simplistic for sure but his roll as a pg is not that of a shooter or scorer. The BIGGEST issue facing this team right now is our inability to get into an offense. Broman running the point and moving the ball as well as the Jacks keeping the ND pg's from going right every time they wanted to get to the rim was the key to win. People love flash and getting to the rim. I get that but Parks doesn't pick his spots well at all. 22 mins and 0 assists. The biggest advantage you have on the floor is Larson over the UND bigs and you have to take advantage of that as a PG. Cody was huge the last 4 min. Coincidence? Nope.
                        Rep. Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X