Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yotes next

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Wow. USD receiver Riley Donovan says this is the biggest game of his life. That's kind of sad.
    To be fair, I searched #screwtheu and not surprisingly, I did not come up with a single tweet from an SDSU player.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The USD players tweets just show that they could care less if they don't win a conference game ever as long as they beat SDSU. How pathetic. No wonder their football program is the way it is. Can't wait till the Jacks roll them by 30+ Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Wow. USD receiver Riley Donovan says this is the biggest game of his life. That's kind of sad.
        Completely agree.

Are any SDSU players sending out Tweets on the game?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          The USD players tweets just show that they could care less if they don't win a conference game ever as long as they beat SDSU. How pathetic. No wonder their football program is the way it is. Can't wait till the Jacks roll them by 30+ Saturday.
          Only 30+?

Comment

You don't have to look very far to see where they get it - saw Joe Glenn on KELO last night. Full of sound and fury - just not many W's. I think that should be the new slogan for Yote football. Kind of catchy , isn't it ?
            Last edited by bigticket1; 11-20-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              You don't have to look very far to see where they get it - saw Joe Glenn on KELO last night. Full of sound and fury - just not many W's.
              I too saw this and Joe will no doubt get his team up for this game. I think he might go back to golf and Arizona.

Comment

How do you on Gods green earth come to the conclusion that the players don't care if they ever win a conference game as long as they beat SDSU? What would in your feeble little inactive mind come to that conclusion. The fact is we are down, the season hasn't gone like many thought it might, but the last game is against SDSU, the "other" FCS school in the state with bragging rights on the line. While our season sucked, just a little sting would go away of we did pull off the upset. That's really that hard to figure out?

Regarding every ones dumb ass assessment that this is our Super Bowl just shows two things. First, how illiterate you are on this topic. Secondly, how pompous a few of you posters are now that you have the upper hand on this sport. This tide will turn, when if don't know, but it will. When you first went D1, you all hung your hats on women's basketball. Also, your volleyball team was pretty decent as well. Men's basketball sucked, and football actually did pretty well, in fact very well by making the playoffs. Montana humbled your asses a little bit, but your program FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AGES, IF EVER, was relevant. Back when I played, there were two schools that you marked as an automatic W on your schedule, and that was Morningside and SDSU. You weren't relevant, and never were in the D2 era. Men's basketball in that era went back and forth but basically Dave Boots had the upper hand over you.

Your women's program lost the tournament title last year to the Coyotes. It appears it's going to be a dog fight again. Your women's volleyball program is the absolute biggest joke I have ever seen for a college sport. They are horrible. Men's basketball for you is downward, maybe not real fast, but the trend is down. Basically you are losing ground every year to the Coyotes in the gap you once had.

So when a player from USD tweets they want to beat your ass, you laugh? I know this is smack, but really? Humble yourselves a little bit. God forbid if we do indeed pull off the upset. I will laugh my ass off. You have some realistic posters like JackJD, and KULaw that get it. But most of you act like you have a football program beyond reproach. Hell, you might not even make the playoffs. And you won't if you don't beat us by at least 30.

For me, there are no moral victories in football, other than when you possibly play a BCS team. Anything less than a win Saturday, and I'll be pissed. And right now, the short term future isn't that bright, but at the end of the day, I'm still a Coyote...I bleed red. Go Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Other than wanting to win the game (irrespective of the opponent), do any fans on this board give a rip about who we’re playing? Shouldn't there be a little good-natured ribbing going on between Jacks fans and Yotes fans? Or – in light of the difficult season the Yotes are having, is it wrong to pick on them?

When I was at State, the ‘rivalry’ was mostly fun. When the football game was in Brookings, friends attending USD drove up. When the game was in Vermillion, we drove down. In the years following my time at SDSU and then USD, it seemed the relationship was much less fun and much more mean-spirited. Today, it seems the ‘rivalry’, as a practical matter, doesn’t exist – or, perhaps it is more accurate to say the rivalry hasn’t returned and won’t for a while. (Understand that I am one who considers our prime target as NDSU.)

Our focus is on the following, listed in order of necessary steps to take to get a national title: 1) winning Saturday’s game – this Saturday's opponent is secondary; 2) getting to the playoffs; 3) knocking off NDSU; and 4) get to Frisco, TX; and 5) win. There are some great football teams out there but we're returning to form and some pre-season predictions.

I thought about starting a look-a-like thread and stir the pot and have a little fun. I thought about starting with the Peanuts cartoon showing Lucy pulling the ball out just as Charlie Brown tries to kick it. But, that wouldn’t be nice (if anyone read about the ‘Yotes game yesterday, they know the Yotes kicker went out with a concussion (not sure how that happened -- there was no foul called) and they really don’t have a backup).

Is there anything to talk about this week? If Jacks fans say/write anything, will it just seem arrogant? Cruel? Unsportsmanlike?
                  JackJD, good post. Having a little light hearted fun is what the series is all about. Screw the U...Hate State, all good stuff. Is it a rivalry? Judge that by what happens if we pull off the upset. If there are less than 5 suicides in Brookings after the game, then it isn't a rivalry yet. However, more than 5, and I think it is. You should kill us, but stranger things have happened. But seriously, whoever loses, the fan base hates it to death because of the ribbing and taunting,and that hasn't gone away by either side.

Making fun of our punter getting a concussion? I get it. WTF? He gets blown up on a downfield block. This is one of our many problems, our special teams play and coaching of it. You don't send a punter downfield, he stays back as the last resort if the return gets through....but not at USD. We send him into action. Yes sir, that's what we do. And to think he's a theatre major. I guess our theatre majors aren't that tuff. And as long as we are on the topic of concussions, I think we need to inspect our helmets, and see if we still play with the cords inside and the big ring in the middle. Hell, we have had 14 concussions thus far this year. 14. Unbelievable. I think we just look at our trainer with puppy dog eyes and they pull the helmet. I don't get it.

Regarding your list of five things. 1.) Winning Saturday is a foregone conclusion unless our lord and Savior chooses this date to return to earth. 2.). Playoffs? I think you have a chance. 3.) Knocking off NDSU? We have a better chance of beating you 4.) Getting to Frisco? Not gonna happen. Nope. Never. I admire your program since the move to D1 but honestly you were more relevant 3-5 years ago. 5.) Winnibg in Frisco? Only of your softball team plays down there next spring

Anyway, back to basics. Good luck Saturday. Hate State. Keep it clean. Keep it fun. Keep it safe

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    Hell, you might not even make the playoffs. And you won't if you don't beat us by at least 30.
                    Care to make a wager on that statement?

Is it a rivalry? Judge that by what happens if we pull off the upset.
                    No, judge it by the attendance on Saturday vs. what the attendance would be if NDSU was in town. This football "rivalry" you speak of has lost a ton of its luster since the D2 days. It might pick up again once the pups can field a competitive squad, but for now there is a significant gap between the rivalryness (is that even a word?) associated with NDSU and USD, at least from this season ticket holder's perspective.

PS - We don't have a countdown clock for NDSU........nor USD.........nor any other team for that matter. Part of your team's problem may be having that clock and shifting the focus away from where it should be.

Comment

JackJD, good post. Having a little light hearted fun is what the series is all about. Screw the U...Hate State, all good stuff. Is it a rivalry? Judge that by what happens if we pull off the upset. If there are less than 5 suicides in Brookings after the game, then it isn't a rivalry yet. However, more than 5, and I think it is. You should kill us, but stranger things have happened. But seriously, whoever loses, the fan base hates it to death because of the ribbing and taunting,and that hasn't gone away by either side.

Making fun of our punter getting a concussion? I get it. WTF? He gets blown up on a downfield block. This is one of our many problems, our special teams play and coaching of it. You don't send a punter downfield, he stays back as the last resort if the return gets through....but not at USD. We send him into action. Yes sir, that's what we do. And to think he's a theatre major. I guess our theatre majors aren't that tuff. And as long as we are on the topic of concussions, I think we need to inspect our helmets, and see if we still play with the cords inside and the big ring in the middle. Hell, we have had 14 concussions thus far this year. 14. Unbelievable. I think we just look at our trainer with puppy dog eyes and they pull the helmet. I don't get it.

Regarding your list of five things. 1.) Winning Saturday is a foregone conclusion unless our lord and Savior chooses this date to return to earth. 2.). Playoffs? I think you have a chance. 3.) Knocking off NDSU? We have a better chance of beating you 4.) Getting to Frisco? Not gonna happen. Nope. Never. I admire your program since the move to D1 but honestly you were more relevant 3-5 years ago. 5.) Winnibg in Frisco? Only of your softball team plays down there next spring

Anyway, back to basics. Good luck Saturday. Hate State. Keep it clean. Keep it fun. Keep it safe
                      You really think USD has a better chance of beating SDSU than SDSU has of beating NDSU? That's pretty funny. We were down by 3 with 10 mins left in the game in Fargo this year. Make that stop on 3rd and 1 and it could have been a very different ballgame. If USD is within 3 with 10 mins left in this Saturdays game me and everyone else in the stadium would be shocked. Its not gonna happen. Come on man, your better than that

Comment

How do you on Gods green earth come to the conclusion that the players don't care if they ever win a conference game as long as they beat SDSU? What would in your feeble little inactive mind come to that conclusion. The fact is we are down, the season hasn't gone like many thought it might, but the last game is against SDSU, the "other" FCS school in the state with bragging rights on the line. While our season sucked, just a little sting would go away of we did pull off the upset. That's really that hard to figure out?

Regarding every ones dumb ass assessment that this is our Super Bowl just shows two things. First, how illiterate you are on this topic. Secondly, how pompous a few of you posters are now that you have the upper hand on this sport. This tide will turn, when if don't know, but it will. When you first went D1, you all hung your hats on women's basketball. Also, your volleyball team was pretty decent as well. Men's basketball sucked, and football actually did pretty well, in fact very well by making the playoffs. Montana humbled your asses a little bit, but your program FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AGES, IF EVER, was relevant. Back when I played, there were two schools that you marked as an automatic W on your schedule, and that was Morningside and SDSU. You weren't relevant, and never were in the D2 era. Men's basketball in that era went back and forth but basically Dave Boots had the upper hand over you.

Your women's program lost the tournament title last year to the Coyotes. It appears it's going to be a dog fight again. Your women's volleyball program is the absolute biggest joke I have ever seen for a college sport. They are horrible. Men's basketball for you is downward, maybe not real fast, but the trend is down. Basically you are losing ground every year to the Coyotes in the gap you once had.

So when a player from USD tweets they want to beat your ass, you laugh? I know this is smack, but really? Humble yourselves a little bit. God forbid if we do indeed pull off the upset. I will laugh my ass off. You have some realistic posters like JackJD, and KULaw that get it. But most of you act like you have a football program beyond reproach. Hell, you might not even make the playoffs. And you won't if you don't beat us by at least 30.

For me, there are no moral victories in football, other than when you possibly play a BCS team. Anything less than a win Saturday, and I'll be pissed. And right now, the short term future isn't that bright, but at the end of the day, I'm still a Coyote...I bleed red. Go Yotes.
                        How dare you interrupt our conversation about the merits of Norm MacDonald's comedy with this garbage! You should be ashamed!
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

You seem angry. Anyway,the good news is the temperature is supposed to be in the high 30's Saturday. If Joe gets all weepy after the game his tears won't freeze.That's a plus,huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            How dare you interrupt our conversation about the merits of Norm MacDonald's comedy with this garbage! You should be ashamed!
                            Yes he did a great Bob Dole impression, that is Norm McDonald and not Joe Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              You seem angry. Anyway,the good news is the temperature is supposed to be in the high 30's Saturday. If Joe gets all weepy after the game his tears won't freeze.That's a plus,huh?
                              Not angry at all. Good luck. Have fun.

Comment

Are we talking about VB? VB? Really? About Boots having an upper hand? About 1 win in women's BB? Rationalize all you want yote fans. The biggest game on everyone of your fan's radar is this Saturday. I think that's great. Doesn't change the fact the Jackrabbits have had their work cut our for them since the loss to YSU on Hobo Day. A YSU team that nearly got beat at home by the coyotes.

Smack aside, the reality of the matter is that USD has a countdown clock for this game and this game only. SDSU has to win to even be considered for the playoffs. That reality should make for a great game regardless of what has happened to this point of the season.

Zenner, Sumner, Schneider and the upper classman on the Oline and defense understand what the season is about. It's about getting better, making the playoffs and trying to win a National Championship. Right now, the coyotes stand in their way and I don't see them letting one of the biggest rivals in the conference stop them from taking the next step.

Should be fun on Saturday, these kids live for games like this and as fans we should embrace the opportunity to watch them compete. See you all at CAS!!
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X