Yotes next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yotes next

Other than wanting to win the game (irrespective of the opponent), do any fans on this board give a rip about who we’re playing? Shouldn't there be a little good-natured ribbing going on between Jacks fans and Yotes fans? Or – in light of the difficult season the Yotes are having, is it wrong to pick on them?

When I was at State, the ‘rivalry’ was mostly fun. When the football game was in Brookings, friends attending USD drove up. When the game was in Vermillion, we drove down. In the years following my time at SDSU and then USD, it seemed the relationship was much less fun and much more mean-spirited. Today, it seems the ‘rivalry’, as a practical matter, doesn’t exist – or, perhaps it is more accurate to say the rivalry hasn’t returned and won’t for a while. (Understand that I am one who considers our prime target as NDSU.)

Our focus is on the following, listed in order of necessary steps to take to get a national title: 1) winning Saturday’s game – this Saturday's opponent is secondary; 2) getting to the playoffs; 3) knocking off NDSU; and 4) get to Frisco, TX; and 5) win. There are some great football teams out there but we're returning to form and some pre-season predictions.

I thought about starting a look-a-like thread and stir the pot and have a little fun. I thought about starting with the Peanuts cartoon showing Lucy pulling the ball out just as Charlie Brown tries to kick it. But, that wouldn’t be nice (if anyone read about the ‘Yotes game yesterday, they know the Yotes kicker went out with a concussion (not sure how that happened -- there was no foul called) and they really don’t have a backup).

Is there anything to talk about this week? If Jacks fans say/write anything, will it just seem arrogant? Cruel? Unsportsmanlike?
    Last edited by JackJD; 11-16-2014, 12:54 PM.

Re: Yotes next

Aw, what the heck.

Comment

Yotes would be a top 5 team if they had selected to go Big Sky rather than MVFC this year. It's tough to compete when you're located in Vermillion, are only 2/3rd the enrollment of the rest of the MVFC, and aren't blessed with manly majors, like farming & engineering.

But you're right, they just haven't been anything but a doormat since joining the MVFC. Tough to get "up" for a team so dismal.

Note: A win for the Yotes makes their season, and destroys Jacks'. Don't think that matters? Review what UC-Davis (no wins in Big Sky) did in their "Golden Horseshoe" game AT Cal Poly (annalilated Poly).

Need to blow through holes, 300 yd on 10 runs by Zenner, another 150 yd, 3 TD day for both Wieneke AND Schneider, and Sumner resting comfortably by the 4th quarter due to a 40 pt lead.

Comment

rabid! this is supposed to be funny stuff!

Comment

So how does SDSU prep for this game and the speed/athleticism USD will bring? Re-watch the Oskosh film in slow motion.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Glenn will have the bus locked in order to avoid players wanting to sneak into the bus with the driver who will not watch any of the game either. Every week as the yotes lose yet another MVFC game, there have been many people around Brookings feeling sorry for them. Well maybe not...maybe too bad for the yotes was not sincere. That will be the same response after the Super Bowl Showdown series game should they lose another MVFC game..
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Coyote weight-room equipment includes butt-kick station:

Comment

This stuff will not be funny next Saturday if we find ourselves short on the score.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  This stuff will not be funny next Saturday if we find ourselves short on the score.
                  Wet blanket!

If that happens, we'd deserve a load of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Other than wanting to win the game (irrespective of the opponent), do any fans on this board give a rip about who we’re playing? Shouldn't there be a little good-natured ribbing going on between Jacks fans and Yotes fans? Or – in light of the difficult season the Yotes are having, 1. is it wrong to pick on them?

When I was at State, the ‘rivalry’ was mostly fun. When the football game was in Brookings, friends attending USD drove up. When the game was in Vermillion, we drove down. In the years following my time at SDSU and then USD, it seemed the relationship was much less fun and much more mean-spirited. Today, it seems the ‘rivalry’, as a practical matter, doesn’t exist – or, perhaps it is more accurate to say the rivalry hasn’t returned and won’t for a while. (Understand that I am one who considers our prime target as NDSU.)

Our focus is on the following, listed in order of necessary steps to take to get a national title: 1) winning Saturday’s game – this Saturday's opponent is secondary; 2) getting to the playoffs; 3) knocking off NDSU; and 4) get to Frisco, TX; and 5) win. There are some great football teams out there but we're returning to form and some pre-season predictions.

I thought about starting a look-a-like thread and stir the pot and have a little fun. I thought about starting with the Peanuts cartoon showing Lucy pulling the ball out just as Charlie Brown tries to kick it. But, that wouldn’t be nice (if anyone read about the ‘Yotes game yesterday, they know the Yotes kicker went out with a concussion (not sure how that happened -- there was no foul called) and they really don’t have a backup).

2. Is there anything to talk about this week? If Jacks fans say/write anything, 3. will it just seem arrogant? 4. Cruel? 5. Unsportsmanlike?
                    To answer your questions in order (bold, numbers added):
                    1. No
                    2. Yes
                    3. No
                    4. No
                    5. No

Comment

what the Yotes will see on Saturday.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...ngryrabbit.jpg

Comment

The Coyotes goal should be a moral victory (a loss by 20 points or less). That might encourage Joe Glenn to stay on the job for a couple more years. Keeping Glenn at USD would be welcome by many fans at SDSU as well as USD.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Wet blanket!

If that happens, we'd deserve a load of crap.
                          Oh I don't think it will happen but then who am I to say since I am a wet blanket.

Comment

What would you get if you tossed a coyote pelt into a Norwegian fiord? ... A wet Nidaros because he'd jump in after it.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              What would you get if you tossed a coyote pelt into a Norwegian fiord? ... A wet Nidaros because he'd jump in after it.
                              I don't think anyone will be hiring Jacked-UP as a joke writer any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X