No announcement yet.

USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Win this game, and we're probably in. That's all we should need to say.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      Let's see....i got nothin
      Going to be completely honest. Usd does not do very much well consistently. We ran the ball with some success early in the year but have been a mess offensively in MVFC play. Starting QB Kevin Earl has not looked like Earl of 2013 since returning from a Thumb injury on his throwing hand. Furthermore, our O-line and backfield have a few injuries and both those areas have had trouble as of late getting going. The one guy on offense that has sparked us is WR Eric "Munchie" Shufford. Has put together a few good games recently and is our only truly explosive threat. On defense...yikes. We do have a solid linebacking corp but it is often hard to tell with our poor defensive line and secondary play. Obviously lost a lot there last year with Starr and all 4 starters in the secondary. The defense has put together a few good halfs but never really a full game. May as well get to the point. SDSU is better in all 3 phases of the game. If SDSU takes care of the football, it may get out of hand. MY prediction is SDSU 38-USD 20, with Zenner going for 175+.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        They have recently been hit by the injury bug (worse then the Jacks). They may have been down to their 3rd or 4th RB this past week. They have lost a couple of offensive lineman for the year. Hoping Yoteforever can fill us in.
        USD doesn't do anything particularly well hence the 2-9 record, no wins outdoors in 4 years (Gophers) and a long road losing streak (I lost track). Had almost 300 yds passing against ISU but only 20 yds rushing. Have some decent RB's but they are banged up. OLine is young, inexperienced and their defense is really hurting minus Starr. They have a great kicker that also handles punting, he missed most the ISU game with a concussion but should be back. QB has some talent and they have some decent WR's, they could hurt the Jacks through the air especially of SDSU's pass rush remains virtually nonexistent.

Its a huge game for SDSU regardless of the opponent. A win virtually assures SDSU of a playoff birth while a loss almost certainly means the season is over. Add in the fact that for USD this win would help shore up a downtrodden fan base and program. I don't think there is any question that the yotes want to play spoiler this week.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfingYote View Post
          Going to be completely honest. Usd does not do very much well consistently. We ran the ball with some success early in the year but have been a mess offensively in MVFC play. Starting QB Kevin Earl has not looked like Earl of 2013 since returning from a Thumb injury on his throwing hand. Furthermore, our O-line and backfield have a few injuries and both those areas have had trouble as of late getting going. The one guy on offense that has sparked us is WR Eric "Munchie" Shufford. Has put together a few good games recently and is our only truly explosive threat. On defense...yikes. We do have a solid linebacking corp but it is often hard to tell with our poor defensive line and secondary play. Obviously lost a lot there last year with Starr and all 4 starters in the secondary. The defense has put together a few good halfs but never really a full game. May as well get to the point. SDSU is better in all 3 phases of the game. If SDSU takes care of the football, it may get out of hand. MY prediction is SDSU 38-USD 20, with Zenner going for 175+.
          Thanks for the info and welcome to the board.

Comment

Thinking to myself: ...starting to wonder if those wily Coyotes are trying to lull us Jackrabbits into feeling a little sorry for the boys from Vermillion. I hear a lot of Jacks fans making statements expressing sincere sympathy for USD's team and Coach Glenn. I may have to kill the smack thread I started,... If USD's season and conference records belonged to NDSU, there'd be one big party!

Well, heck, we can finally agree that THIS IS A MUST-WIN GAME and we have to come out dominating from the opening kickoff. We have to win this game convincingly -- like, in the range of what everyone calls "style points". USD is a dangerous opponent -- they've got nothing left to lose and we know they have some talent. (Battle Hymm of the Republic now playing in the background...) We have to kick ass and take no prisoners. We have to make this a brutal end to a brutal season for the 'Yotes. Just because.

FAN SUPPORT IS GOING TO BE VERY IMPORTANT IN THIS GAME. Show up Saturday and bring a bunch of friends!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Thinking to myself: ...starting to wonder if those wily Coyotes are trying to lull us Jackrabbits into feeling a little sorry for the boys from Vermillion. I hear a lot of Jacks fans making statements expressing sincere sympathy for USD's team and Coach Glenn. I may have to kill the smack thread I started,...

GO JACKS!
              Did they have any new billboards this year or did they designate that money for dome improvements?
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think that billboard idea wasn't the investment they thought it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Thinking to myself: ...starting to wonder if those wily Coyotes are trying to lull us Jackrabbits into feeling a little sorry for the boys from Vermillion. I hear a lot of Jacks fans making statements expressing sincere sympathy for USD's team and Coach Glenn. I may have to kill the smack thread I started,... If USD's season and conference records belonged to NDSU, there'd be one big party!

Well, heck, we can finally agree that THIS IS A MUST-WIN GAME and we have to come out dominating from the opening kickoff. We have to win this game convincingly -- like, in the range of what everyone calls "style points". USD is a dangerous opponent -- they've got nothing left to lose and we know they have some talent. (Battle Hymm of the Republic now playing in the background...) We have to kick ass and take no prisoners. We have to make this a brutal end to a brutal season for the 'Yotes. Just because.

FAN SUPPORT IS GOING TO BE VERY IMPORTANT IN THIS GAME. Show up Saturday and bring a bunch of friends!
                  What is this??? A post for ants??
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

IF THIS IS SHOUTING then this is whispering and this is just thinking about something.

Comment

It's true, this is pretty much the Super Bowl of the season for the Yotes. Take us out and all is forgiven. I don't feel sorry for the coach, I don't feel sorry for the fans, I don't feel sorry for the players. They chose USD. That's like selecting the best piece of **** to put in a bag to light on fire, and every week some MVFC team has to stomp on it. Jack by 40, with nothing to do but scrape our shoes off at the end, and pray for a playoff selection. GBGBGJ!
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The time to feel sorry for the surprisingly bad, win-starved Yotes will be after the Jacks have beaten them scoreless into the frozen ground of Coughlin-Alumni. Then we can pat them on the head and say something like, "Nice try, little brother."
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          It's true, this is pretty much the Super Bowl of the season for the Yotes. Take us out and all is forgiven. I don't feel sorry for the coach, I don't feel sorry for the fans, I don't feel sorry for the players. They chose USD. That's like selecting the best piece of **** to put in a bag to light on fire, and every week some MVFC team has to stomp on it. Jack by 40, with nothing to do but scrape our shoes off at the end, and pray for a playoff selection. GBGBGJ!
                          I agree with the Super Bowl part, but this type of game always worries me. Having to work and live around a bunch of Iowa fans, I hear every year how the Cyclones are playing their Super Bowl at the start of the season against Iowa. About every other year, the Cyclones add to their trophy case.
                          Throw the records out for this game.

Comment

I can't wait to go to this game and be a part of the "World's Largest Pillow Fight!!!" lead by N sync singer Joey Fatone. [JackJD edited out the last sentence...not interested in having a political or PC battle on a fan message board.]
                            Last edited by JackJD; 11-18-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                              I can't wait to go to this game and be a part of the "World's Largest Pillow Fight!!!" lead by N sync singer Joey Fatone. (JackJD edited out the second sentence of coyotecrazie5's post...see above).
                              I was a little concerned about this as well. Seriously, if we are using the pillows to fight with, what will USD use for a defense?
                              Last edited by JackJD; 11-18-2014, 11:24 AM.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Not scared for this game. This could possibly be the last time the seniors play at CAS. They will be fired up along with the rest the team because they are fighting for a playoff spot. No way in the hell the team lays an egg Saturday. After SDSU scores the 1st TD of the game USD will fold.

SDSU 45 USD 10

Quote from Coach Glenn:

"This is our rivalry game," he said. "Maybe we've got to beat South Dakota State someday for us to be their rival again. In time, it will be a rivalry again – there's no doubt."

Comment

Working...
                                X