No announcement yet.

USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

An old familiar foe comes to Coughlin to make their season a success. USD is the Cellar Dweller of the MoValley Football Conference. But they can have a successful season if they derail the Jackrabbits from the play-off with a win.

While SDSU has been recovering several stars from earlier injuries, the injury bug has bitten the Yotes. Thin to start with, these injuries have left USD vulnerable on defense, and ineffective on offense.

This should be close to another record day for the Jacks. Rabbits need to repeat the WIU game stats, and go rocking into the play-offs.

2 PM 11/22 - Last Regular Season game EVER in Coughlin Alumni Stadium

If you're in the SD/MN/IA/NE, make the trek to CAS to BACK YOUR JACKS!

10 day forecast is for normal late November weather. Partly sunny, hi 30, W-NW winds at 15 mph.

Re: USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    An old familiar foe comes to Coughlin to make their season a success. USD is the Cellar Dweller of the MoValley Football Conference. But they can have a successful season if they derail the Jackrabbits from the play-off with a win.

While SDSU has been recovering several stars from earlier injuries, the injury bug has bitten the Yotes. Thin to start with, these injuries have left USD vulnerable on defense, and ineffective on offense.

This should be close to another record day for the Jacks. Rabbits need to repeat the WIU game stats, and go rocking into the play-offs.

2 PM 11/22 - Last Regular Season game EVER in Coughlin Alumni Stadium

If you're in the SD/MN/IA/NE, make the trek to CAS to BACK YOUR JACKS!

10 day forecast is for normal late November weather. Partly sunny, hi 30, W-NW winds at 15 mph.
    There MUST be a better name for this than South Dakota Showdown. How about Dakota Duel. Or Prairie Throwdown.

Comment

Take it up with the SD Corn Producers!

Comment

Sorry RR, we play regular season games in Coughlin Alumni Stadium next year. We could refer to it though as the partially new CAS with the south end and east side all new.

Comment

Last game with the permanent/temporary bleachers on the east side. Good riddance to those.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Yes, last games in the 1962 configuration stadium. It'll be good to have permanent, quality seating on the East/South next season.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              Yes, last games in the 1962 configuration stadium. It'll be good to have permanent, quality seating on the East/South next season.
              Glad to see you added an s to Jimmy Jack's game. Would be good to add a home playoff game to finish things off right.

Comment

LastLast time USD plays in Coughlin Alumni Stadium (assuming the Dakota Dome exists next season).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  LastLast time USD plays in Coughlin Alumni Stadium (assuming the Dakota Dome exists next season).
                  Technically, SDSU could host USD next year in a playoff game.
                  USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Glad to see you added an s to Jimmy Jack's game. Would be good to add a home playoff game to finish things off right.
                    Good point. Yes, it's possible we will host a game this year. But unlikely, I think.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Good point. Yes, it's possible we will host a game this year. But unlikely, I think.
                      If we bump off the Bizon, then our chances improve about 599% That too is unlikely.

Comment

So I haven't followed USD at all this season. The past couple of years I kept an eye on them because of the talk surrounding Tyler Staff, but this year I don't know anything about them besides Coach Glenn's depressing news conference a few weeks ago. What do they do well and who are their "standout" players?
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          So I haven't followed USD at all this season. The past couple of years I kept an eye on them because of the talk surrounding Tyler Staff, but this year I don't know anything about them besides Coach Glenn's depressing news conference a few weeks ago. What do they do well and who are their "standout" players?
                          They have recently been hit by the injury bug (worse then the Jacks). They may have been down to their 3rd or 4th RB this past week. They have lost a couple of offensive lineman for the year. Hoping Yoteforever can fill us in.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Let's see....i got nothin

Comment

Argus Leader is having a paint the map competition again.

http://t.co/8i8Gq6ATct

Comment

Working...
                              X