No announcement yet.

USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    I had an SDSU fan next to me point out #55 pretty early in the game because of the way he was playing. He guessed #55 would get a personal foul at some point.
    After all these years, it shows how little I know about the game. The dejection was a surprise to me, not saying he did not deserve it, but seems to have taken the rivalry to a wrong level. Our students and the snowball pelting of the Yotes as they assembled to make their grand entrance was not a good sign of sportsmanship either. Shame on you students who threw the snowballs. You make your neighbors look bad, in other words students sitting next to you and old alums like my self.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      #55 absolutely deserved to be ejected. I'm guessing the refs had their eye on him due to the way he was playing that game. He was the last one on the pile on several plays, and pancaked ZZ in the backfield well after Sumner threw the ball. All of this was pointed out by the USD fan I brought with me. He was glad he was ejected before it boiled over into something more.
      I agree, that was intentional. He showed no remorse when leaving the field.

I have 23 pts and took a push. Pissed me off at first but in retrospect it was such a dominating performance and humbling defeat I am happy to just shake on it.

Now, where do we go next week??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That interception by Butler was just amazing. Position smarts, athletcisism, just amazing. He is a heck of a DB.

Comment

Here is the condensed game, I would watch it on mute unless you want to go for a trip...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4b9...hdTXUQ&index=1

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            That interception by Butler was just amazing. Position smarts, athletcisism, just amazing. He is a heck of a DB.
            And then he goes and drops an easy interception
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              And then he goes and drops an easy interception
              There is an old adage if a defensive back could catch he would be a receiver. Plus Earl zipped that pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                There is an old adage if a defensive back could catch he would be a receiver. Plus Earl zipped that pass.
                Earl zipped a bunch of them. He looks to be an asset for them next year. Thanks to our pass defense, he often did not find his receivers but when he did it was always near the sideline.

Comment

Quick question. Just read a story on KSFY by Jay Sarkar and he said Bergners missed FG was clearly well within the upright on multiple replays. It looked wide right to me. Any others see it as good? Thanks.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Quick question. Just read a story on KSFY by Jay Sarkar and he said Bergners missed FG was clearly well within the upright on multiple replays. It looked wide right to me. Any others see it as good? Thanks.

I only saw the officals wave it off.

Comment

Yes. Both my dad and I, (and the guy next to us) thought it was good. We were all shocked when the officials said no good. We were standing along the fence behind the 'yotes, at the 45/50.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Jay Elsen tweeted this video. It was good from this shot. http://Instagram.com/p/vt2uNPKZt-/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Jay Elsen tweeted this video. It was good from this shot. http://Instagram.com/p/vt2uNPKZt-/
                          I don't think so. It was a good call.

Comment

• USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

I saw that just now. Hard to argue with that view. Close in my opinion but definite or "clearly inside". Semantics perhaps??

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I don't think so. It was a good call.
                              Um...no it wasn't a good call. Clearly in.

Comment

Um...no it wasn't a good call. Clearly in.
                                ummmmmmm... would that not make it a bad call if it was good? 3 points would not have won the game for USD nor would it changed the momentum of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X