No announcement yet.

USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Serious question and not meant to be smack:

How is USD not even competitive this far into their D1 venture? This has to be on the coaches and support staff, right?
    Glen is in his 3rd. year and they are this bad,it has to be on him. I don't know what they do going forward. If they keep him and try to change out his assistants, they'll have a hard time finding anybody decent that would take a job for a lame-duck head coach.

Comment

Serious question and not meant to be smack:

How is USD not even competitive this far into their D1 venture? This has to be on the coaches and support staff, right?
      Quite frankly, they just haven't been able to win very many recruiting battles in the region against the other MVFC schools. There will still be kids that fall through and be good players at for USD, as recruiting isn't an exact science, but you can't lose out on that many kids and expect to have good depth as a team.

Their coaches are also underpaid and their facilities are still bottom tier in the MVFC, which isn't going to help them much in the future. It's going to take a really good, charismatic coach to get the program to start competing in the Valley.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        Glen is in his 3rd. year and they are this bad,it has to be on him. I don't know what they do going forward. If they keep him and try to change out his assistants, they'll have a hard time finding anybody decent that would take a job for a lame-duck head coach.
        As much as I enjoy seeing them struggle, having a competitive USD benefits the entire conference come playoffs. And it isn't as much fun to smack when they are terrible.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

As much as I enjoy seeing them struggle, having a competitive USD benefits the entire conference come playoffs. And it isn't as much fun to smack when they are terrible.
          Yeah,i'm actually shocked how bad they are

Comment

They only dropped one fcs game OOC to Montana. Someone in the valley is going to get wrecked every year. I'd hope they could win more than 0 games in a season though.

Comment

Its pretty obvious we missed on a NW Iowa kid with this Van Roekel at tight end for them.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                Its pretty obvious we missed on a NW Iowa kid with this Van Roekel at tight end for them.
                How about Potter the Full back, he picked up a bunch of yards. SDSU has not had the full back carry the ball in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  Anything less than you killing us tomorrow and I won't have much respect for your team. I hope no one gets hurt on either side of the ball. May the best team win.

I would say good luck but y'all know I don't mean it. So...safe travels to CAS and home from CAS. That I do mean.
                  So, umm, did that count?

Comment

Loved the win, not completely happy with the 2nd half effort though. Onwards to the Playoffs for the 4th time in 6 years of eligibility!!!

Comment

couldn't agree more. This rivalry needs a revival. Any thoughts on why the U is so bad this far in the transition when the Jacks had already become playoff contenders?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        Looked blatant on the replay in the stadium.
                        #55 absolutely deserved to be ejected. I'm guessing the refs had their eye on him due to the way he was playing that game. He was the last one on the pile on several plays, and pancaked ZZ in the backfield well after Sumner threw the ball. All of this was pointed out by the USD fan I brought with me. He was glad he was ejected before it boiled over into something more.

Comment

maybe if they took the roof off the dome....

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdA4AblMwfI&list=UUA1IudGejbOuoRqOPhdTXUQ

Comment

www.argusleader.com/videos/sports/college/university-of-south-dakota/2014/11/22/19426057/
                              This is why it is hard to speak badly about Glenn. He is a straight shooter and his team cannot pull the trigger.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                #55 absolutely deserved to be ejected. I'm guessing the refs had their eye on him due to the way he was playing that game. He was the last one on the pile on several plays, and pancaked ZZ in the backfield well after Sumner threw the ball. All of this was pointed out by the USD fan I brought with me. He was glad he was ejected before it boiled over into something more.
                                I had an SDSU fan next to me point out #55 pretty early in the game because of the way he was playing. He guessed #55 would get a personal foul at some point.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X