X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the Numbers

6-25 for the year

0-14 in Summit League

0 games won on the road in the Summit League. That means every time State traveled they lost 0-3 and came right back home.

That's awful. How does the coach keep his job? The volleyball team is turning into how the softball team has been recently. I'm not calling for the coach's job and I haven't followed any volleyball at all but that's pretty bad.

Curious on other people's thoughts?
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: By the Numbers

Not trying to make excuses but they had one senior last year and just one senior this year. If things don't improve next year...

Comment

How long has McDaniel been coach? Have to let him get his recruits into his system.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        How long has McDaniel been coach? Have to let him get his recruits into his system.
        A direct quote from GoJacks.com:

Since arriving on campus in 2011, McDaniel has produced two 10-plus win seasons and finished fifth in the Summit League with an 8-8 record in 2012.

With McDaniel at the helm, two Jackrabbits earned first team All-Summit League, two were named to the Summit League All-Freshman Team and eight garnered Summit League Players of the Week accolades.

Academically, McDaniel had 33 student-athletes named to the Summit League Academic Honor Roll and the 2012 Jackrabbits won the Summit League Team Academic Achievement Award.

McDaniel returned to SDSU after three successful years at Drake University, where he reinvigorated a Bulldog program by leading Drake to back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since 1996.
        End of quote.
        A coaching change could happen this year, but I suspect, he might have one more year to turn it around.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 11-12-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

We just went winless in the Summit League. That is unacceptable and extremely embarrassing.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            We just went winless in the Summit League. That is unacceptable and extremely embarrassing.

And were extremely uncompetitive in doing so...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              And were extremely uncompetitive in doing so...
              Yes. I mentioned this 6 weeks ago and questioned if it was talent or coaching. I'm hearing the talent is there, I don't know that to be true.

Facts are facts, Jacks were the worst team I the Summit by far. Didn't use to be that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This is McDaniel's 4th year back with the program. That should be plenty of time to build a team capable of winning multiple games in conference. The fact we went 0'fer the conference season and didn't win a single road game is pathetic and is completely unacceptable.

Whether its either a lack of recruiting, lack of preparation or lack of leadership this all falls on the coaches shoulders. I'm generally not the type of fan to call for quick changes in head coaches, but its pretty obvious to me that whatever is going on isn't working.

Comment

Working...
                X