Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 College Insider Women's Mid-Major Poll

1/6

SDSU falls 3 spots while USD drops a couple votes.

#12 SDSU
    USD (12)

Notable Ranked Teams

#1 Princton
    #3 Green Bay
    #8 UALR
    #10 BYU
    #12 SDSU

Notable Teams Receiving Votes()

Marist (45)
    UND (13)
    USD (12)

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php

Comment

1/13

SDSU drops 2 spots after another loss to IUPUI. USD is receiving votes.

#14 SDSU
      USD (13)

Notable Ranked Teams

#1 Princeton
      #3 Green Bay
      #8 UALR
      #11 BYU
      #14 SDSU

Marist (36)
      USD (13)
      UNI (2)

Comment

SDSU drops 7 spots to #21. USD at #19

Comment

1/28

SDSU jumps up a couple spots after going 1-0 last week while USD drops back to RV after getting handled by IUPUI.

#19 SDSU
          USD (82)

Notable Ranked Teams

#1 Princeton
          #3 Green Bay
          #8 UALR
          #11 BYU
          #19 SDSU
          #21 Marist

USD (82)
          UNI (14)

Comment

SDSU moves up 1 to #18.
            Yotes slide into #25.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

SDSU slides back to #19.
              Yotes stay at #25.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

2/24

SDSU moves up to #21 after a couple wins last week. USD slides out of the top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  2/24

SDSU moves up to #21 after a couple wins last week. USD slides out of the top 25.

This is new to me. Do they always rank the 2nd place team higher than the league leader? It may turn out that way, but seems strange to me. Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    This is new to me. Do they always rank the 2nd place team higher than the league leader? It may turn out that way, but seems strange to me. Oh well
                    Serious question, or in jest?

Comment

Do I see some jimmies being rustled?
                      Attached Files
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Only when the second place team's RPI is #61 and the top team's is 80.

Comment

Plus a fact you maybe didnt know is the Jack women beat Ark Little Rock who has a 38 rpi, Arkansas who has a 40 rpi and was ranked in the top 25 when they beat them(on the road), Middle Tenn with a 50 RPI and BYU with a 60 RPI. Looks like USD's best win was against the Jacks.

Comment

Most of the voters in the poll probably don't spend a lot of time analyzing the Summit League, and will probably just look at the Sagarin ratings and the RPI, with a tiebreaker being name recognition which, in the world of women's basketball, SDSU has in greater measure than USD does right now.

SDSU's RPI is 61 and the Sagarin is 66, vs. USD's RPI of 79 and Sagarin of 98. It would be tough for the voter at (for instance) Yale who otherwise couldn't care less to look at those numbers and vote USD over SDSU, I think. (I also didn't go through and check to see which of the voters were coaches of teams who played SDSU vs. USD, but I do see that the BYU coach is a voter. That could also be a factor.)

Also note that USD is #2 on the "receiving votes" list in the poll, so the Yotes aren't missing out on the poll by much.

*edit - Weird . . . the ORU and IUPUI coaches are both voters. I wonder if the College Insider people missed ORU's move to the Summit?
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If you look at the season in a whole the Jacks belong in the top 25. Their resume is not even comparable to the Yotes. USD's best win came in conference on their home court against an in-state rival. It shouldn't be a surprise that the Yotes got booted out of the top 25 after going 1-1 last week. Standings have never made a difference in rankings.

Comment

I thought USD had an opportunity to make a splash when they got matched up with Chattanooga (#2) in some tournament, they played a bad game against them and lost. Can't perform poorly against good teams if you want to make impressions. They played fairly well against Kansas, but lost at Kansas ( by 5 or 6 ?). We've had our stumbles , but we've had successes too, because we schedule tougher games. There's a reason for the SOS in figuring rpi, it's harder to win against quality opponents. This is the same reason the Jacks would, in all probability, be the Summit team that would garner the highest seed in the NCAA tournament, we have the best resume,and frankly,we've earned more consideration.

Comment

Working...
                                X