ZZ's speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ZZ's speed

I agree with the stereotype concerning ZZ, I'm pretty sure we can remember every time the Jacks played an "FBS school" in basketball the announcers would always say he's "deceptively quick" which meant "He's white, so it's deceptive he's this quick". It always bugs the hell out of me. Well, those deceptive and non-breakaway players just blew you up!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

ZZ's speed

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      I agree with the stereotype concerning ZZ, I'm pretty sure we can remember every time the Jacks played an "FBS school" in basketball the announcers would always say he's "deceptively quick" which meant "He's white, so it's deceptive he's this quick". It always bugs the hell out of me. Well, those deceptive and non-breakaway players just blew you up!
      Same thing happens to Jordy Nelson. Deadspin (I believe) analyzed the adjectives used to describe college players at the NFL Draft for white and black players. Very interesting stuff.

Found the article: http://deadspin.com/which-words-are-...-pr-1573683214

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        This could also imply the player in question wasn't good enough for a "major college conference " scholarship. Maybe just as big of a slight though.

Comment

Zenner is fast not quick. That's all there really is to it about his speed.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

TV said last week in the live game chat that ZZ's younger brother is supposed to be even faster.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              TV said last week in the live game chat that ZZ's younger brother is supposed to be even faster.
              That star tribune article said he was leaner and not as speedy. I don't remember the article name

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Zenner is fast not quick. That's all there really is to it about his speed.
                Disagree. He is quick off a cut. Maybe not elusively quick like other backs in a crowd, but that step is the most important for a RB.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Disagree. He is quick off a cut. Maybe not elusively quick like other backs in a crowd, but that step is the most important for a RB.
                  A quick first cut, after that, it's speed.

Like in any sport, quickness...quick first cut, quick first step, quickness to the ball ,hoop,etc...gains you the advantage you need....most times.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    People who are quick have a fast 40. Zenner's 40 is 4.6, yet he runs away from dbs in the open field. It's because he is fast not quick. It's why he is known as a one cut back.
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Great piece on ZZ by TV. Here is a question: ZZ is underappreciated nationally, has he been so among Jacks' fans? Not in a bad way, but has he had so much success Jacks fans take it for granted?

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...true/19604333/

Comment

Billings article on Zenner and Company..http://billingsgazette.com/sports/co...45688abc1.html

Comment

Local fans of the Jacks fully recognize Zach's greatness, but many of us probably take it for granted at this point. After all, the guy has had a great game nearly every week, year after year. Fans (and doubters) that follow other teams find out about him one game at a time.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Zenner packs a punch at 220 pounds and his speed is deceptive.
                            From the Billings article. I.e. he's white. I don't know how his speed can be so deceptive when he just straight up runs by away from defenses. That is pretty straight forward speed.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              From the Billings article. I.e. he's white. I don't know how his speed can be so deceptive when he just straight up runs by away from defenses. That is pretty straight forward speed.
                              Think they call it "racial profiling".

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Good articles by Vandorvec in the Argus and the Billings sportswriter paper. Sounds like we won't be surprising anyone in Bozeman.

Comment

Working...
                                X