11/14/14 Buffalo Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/14/14 Buffalo Bulls

Any good? Viewing options? Looking forward to the start of basketball season.

On another note, Bobby Hurley is Buffalo's head coach.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: 11/14/14 Buffalo Bulls

The Bulls won the MAC East division last year with Hurley's first year. They are picked to finish 4th in the 6 team division this year. The Bulls are like the Jackrabbits with 7 new faces on the team. They return 30 points per game of the 73 averaged last year. The viewing options are not easy to find or they do not have the listing yet. The Bulls are in the same division as Ohio where that fellow(Saul) from Fargo went to coach.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

In reviewing the Buffalo roster they look to very guard oriented. From a matchup standpoint, I like the matchups. Their post will struggle with Larson. Be curious to see who plays the 4 for us. I thought in the exhibitions we spent much too much time shooting 3's or taking jumpshots and not taking advantages of mismatches. The DW game should have seen Larson with many more looks down low. I see this being another example of a few matchups in our favor with Cody being a big one.

Looking forward to the start of the season. It would be nice to see us get off to a nice start this season. Of course, our offense will have to come a long way since last week!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Any good? Viewing options? Looking forward to the start of basketball season.

On another note, Bobby Hurley is Buffalo's head coach.
        The game is listed on the ESPN3 schedule at 7:30 p.m. EST.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Love that ESPN3 option - usually high quality for decent streaming on a TV.

I'm keeping my expectations in check for the next month. All these new players plus the lack of a true point guard are going to lead to some struggles. TV mentioned that Marshall should be ready to go as early as December 13. As it is with the Boever situation on the women's side, the early part of the schedule will provide an opportunity to develop depth at the point. That will be painful at first but should pay off down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Love that ESPN3 option - usually high quality for decent streaming on a TV.

I'm keeping my expectations in check for the next month. All these new players plus the lack of a true point guard are going to lead to some struggles. TV mentioned that Marshall should be ready to go as early as December 13. As it is with the Boever situation on the women's side, the early part of the schedule will provide an opportunity to develop depth at the point. That will be painful at first but should pay off down the road.
            Even though we can expect a longer rotation off the bench this year, I would expect the point guard to play 35 minutes per game. Nagy will want that stability at that position. I could be pleasantly surprised if more minutes could be found with a second point, but I would wager the point has less rotation. That would be an underlying situation to the 3 phases of the season mentioned by the Coach.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I hate espn3, because my internet provider doesn't "provide" for it...and if it's on espn3, it won't be available on any of the fox channels, which I have on direct tv.

It's the worst of both worlds.

I hope the Jackrabbits play well. Should be a good test for them right out of the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                I hate espn3, because my internet provider doesn't "provide" for it...and if it's on espn3, it won't be available on any of the fox channels, which I have on direct tv.

It's the worst of both worlds.

I hope the Jackrabbits play well. Should be a good test for them right out of the gate.
                I have the same problem. I talked to my relatives in other states and found one that uses Google fiber which carries ESPN 3. I got his login info and an HDMI cable and watch ESPN3 on my TV through the computer.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Media Guide for Buffalo
                  http://issuu.com/buffalobulls/docs/1415_ub_mbb_mg

Looks like they are a relatively young team. They lost their 2 best players from last year in McCrea and Freelove. Evans made the MAC's all-freshman team and more than likely be their go-to player this year. This will be the 2nd match-up against the Bulls. SDSU leads the all-time series 1-0 with that win coming back in 2012 as part BracketBusters. Should be an evenly match game.

Comment

Starting out slowly as the team missed their flight to Buffalo. Waiting to leave later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                      Starting out slowly as the team missed their flight to Buffalo. Waiting to leave later this evening.
                      Great start...Probably should push the game back another year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
                        just as long as they don't miss their treys, 3ptJ

Comment

The oddsmakers must have heard about the missed flight. Jackrabbits are 4 point underdog tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            The oddsmakers must have heard about the missed flight. Jackrabbits are 4 point underdog tomorrow night.
                            I like the line. I think SDSU would be favored if it was at Frost. It's just a home court thing imo. Both teams have a lot of new faces are don't have a lot of experience. Should be a great game.

Comment

Anybody know the starting lineup. I saw Tellinghuisen is starting on TVs tweet though.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X