WIU in the Cold, Cold, Cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIU in the Cold, Cold, Cold

Forecast says it could be beow zero at daybreak on Game Day and a high only in the teens is expected. Anyone know the record cold at Game Time in CAS?

Also, the new indoor practice facility this week will have come just in time. Jacks will be able to practice indoors if they want to, although would they try to acclimate?

Does anyone know whether WIU has an indoor practice facility? Will be in the 30s ther all week.

Re: WIU in the Cold, Cold, Cold

I don't know the record but I would have loved to have seen single digits for the playoff game against EIU, teens would have been balmy. Unfortunately I am spending the week in San Diego so I will not be able to attend the game.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

That illinois state game a few years back was bitterly cold.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        I don't know the record but I would have loved to have seen single digits for the playoff game against EIU, teens would have been balmy. Unfortunately I am spending the week in San Diego so I will not be able to attend the game.
        Think this is honestly the first time I have ever heard someone utter that phrase in bold.

Comment

November 2010 had the North Dakota game at 24 degrees. There 3918 attending. The score was 21-0 at halftime. The final score was the same. The second half was at Ray's Corner. It seemed colder than 24 with the 12 mph NE wind. I am sure there were colder games, but that one I remember. The Illinois St game during November 2008 was 27 degrees with a 27 mph wind out of the NNW and 3276 attending. Should the weather attain similar levels, we may not see over 4000 at CAS.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I was at the UND game and the Illinois St game, but the coldest game was the Eastern Illinois game by far! All of those games were really fun though and the crowd that was there was loud and really into it together!

So what I'm saying is, pack your hot chocolate and Bailey's. Put on the snow boots and bibs and let's have a good time on Saturday!
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I was at the UND game and the Illinois St game, but the coldest game was the Eastern Illinois game by far! All of those games were really fun though and the crowd that was there was loud and really into it together!

So what I'm saying is, pack your hot chocolate and Bailey's. Put on the snow boots and bibs and let's have a good time on Saturday!
              Agree those crowds were the best. Small but loud. You get the true fanatics.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Agree those crowds were the best. Small but loud. You get the true fanatics.
                Yeah probably the best football crowds I can recall last handful of years.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Yeah probably the best football crowds I can recall last handful of years.
                  Gotta love the hard core fan. Hope Jacks can take care of business. WIU has had kind of a strange season. Despite the record, they are plus in a lot of statistical categories, including passing and rushing vs. opponents, etc., etc. So no gimme, and the Jacks should not think it's not going to be touch.

Comment

If some of the Leatherneck fans that made the trip to the Dome also make it to Brookings, you may be in for a pleasant surprise.
                    USD Fan

Comment

WIU's coach came from the University of Minnesota-Duluth. He should know how to get his players ready for Saturday.
                      Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 11-09-2014, 09:59 PM.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                        If some of the Leatherneck fans that made the trip to the Dome also make it to Brookings, you may be in for a pleasant surprise.
                        Did they have Augie apparel on ?

Comment

I was at all 3 also- the wife too! Ill St and EIU games were quite memorable for the weather and the play. UND not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                            I was at all 3 also- the wife too! Ill St and EIU games were quite memorable for the weather and the play. UND not so much.
                            Count me with TrueBlue: at the three mentioned games and enjoyed the heck out of them. Just wear lots of gear! Take a note from Packers fans--sometimes they seem to enjoy the cold-weather days more than the hot ones.

Bring friends and fill the stadium!

Comment

Per TV's article this morning in the Argus, they teamed up with Groupon to offer ticket deal to Saturday's game. $15 gets you ticket, hot dog, chips and pop. http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...vers/18760585/

Comment

Working...
                              X