Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: INDIANA STATE.

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I know nothing about the game, and I can prove it!!!!
    Since I didn't play college football but did play tennis but that probably doesn't count my opnion doesn't mean much. But as far as I can tell we probably are doomed for next year since we won't have sumner anymore.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
      So your going to compare individual sports to team sports? Very intelligent. Ask any ex NFL player or college players what the most important position in football is. You all can rag on me but the fact is I never said anything other than losing Sumner hurt more than people think. The End
      Actually, you did. I was with you on QB being most important blah blah until you added the "in fact in in any sport." Just seconding JD in saying other sport athletes would probably disagree. Chill.

Comment

Let me mention this again since you don't seem to get it. Lujan did a great job while in there but losing a four year starting quarterback hurts. I never said he played o line or d line but losing a qb regardless of any team has an affect on every aspect of the game. But I forgot Sumner holds on to the ball too long and couldn't have avoided the sacks so I must not know anything. I would be willing to bet 85 percent of people on here never played college ball and that's okay because this is a forum where you can believe to think you know about the game.
        Careful, I wouldn't paint with such a broad brush.

Our own head coach never played college football either.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Yawn. Man, we argue about the stupidest things on this board, everyone is so damn sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
            Yawn. Man, we argue about the stupidest things on this board, everyone is so damn sensitive.
            As Cartman would say:

"Screw you guys, I'm goin home."

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
              I tend to agree, but its much different if you were to meet these people at tailgating or some other function

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Its not like Lujan was a the weak link on this team. I dont think Sumner would have been able to avoid those sacks any better, Sumner is the leader and no one is questioning that, but he plays QB, he isnt going to make the D line stop the run better because he is taking snaps. He isnt going to create better pass protection on the O line. Sumner had issues with holding the ball to long and taking sacks on plays they could have been avoided when he had a great line in front of him, so just because he has a stronger arm doesnt mean he would have dealth with the D rush any better, unless he learned to throw the ball away and avoiding costly sacks like he has taken the last couple years when he tries to keep a play alive. If our D line cant "get up" and play intense and quality football because our capt QB is injured, then we have bigger issues. I doubt it was easy for Lujan to step in, but maybe being the new guy to the team helped, but our team and players should be ready to play and fired up for this season regardless of who the QB is IMHO.
                Not often that I disagree with you Goon, but I do ALOT on this subject. I watch a ton of football and played my share. Plus I didn't miss a minute of any Packer game. When Favre and Rogers are out injured, the Packers are a Completely different team. Just knowing you have a QB that can comeback and score at anytime means a lot in football. Not sure why you guys give timeforachange such a hard time, but he is right on this subject - Missing Sumner HURT ALOT. No doubt.

It is undisputable how good Austin is. Just look at his stats and accomplishments. For him to miss his Senior Year is a huge blow to the fans, Program, team, and mostly Austin himself. QB's like him don't come around that often. Is anyone pining for the TOB days??

It is easier for a D-line to play with the lead than to play from behind.

Sumner may have taken some sacks and held the ball to long, hmm sounds like ARog, but I guarantee you he would have had more TD passes vs. interceptions. His stats speak for themselves along with his Win/Loss record.

Austin also has a great family. I'm not sure why some like to go after timeforachange that he is Austin's dad. Austin's dad doesn't miss a game is very approachable and a good, friendly man. Talk to him after or before a game sometime.

But this is football and Goon is right that you have to take the next man up and move on. Get a W. We need one big time on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I tend to agree, but its much different if you were to meet these people at tailgating or some other function
                  Great point. It's really hard to have a conversation with written posts. It's hard to accurately convey emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    The Idaho State Bengals just called, they want their fan back.
                    Can you please explain the part of the thing that you said?

Because I don't get it. I'm missing the joke and could use a good chortle.

Comment

I appreciate that Shot_5533. I didn't come on here to start a pissing match I was simply saying that it hurts losing a QB a lot more than people realize. I also agree 100% that they have a great family and by me sticking up-wanting the best for Austin doesn't mean I am one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                        Can you please explain the part of the thing that you said?

Because I don't get it. I'm missing the joke and could use a good chortle.
                        ISU has won an FCS National Championship and have been mediocre/bad for years.

Comment

I appreciate that Shot_5533. I didn't come on here to start a pissing match I was simply saying that it hurts losing a QB a lot more than people realize. I also agree 100% that they have a great family and by me sticking up-wanting the best for Austin doesn't mean I am one of them.
                          I don't think you'll find anyone who will seriously argue the loss of Sumner for most of the season was not a significant blow to the team. I have to believe most would give Lujan pretty good marks for his performance as the backup suddenly thrown into the fray in what may be the best year ever for the MVFC. A few of us were having fun with your declaration "Quarterback is the most important position on the field, in fact in any sport" by picking out the obvious: no other sports have a quarterback.* We recognize you intended to state something like 'the quarterback position in football is like no other position in sport and to lose the starting quarterback is particularly tough in football.'

I think the message-board regulars wish we had more to talk about...lots of uncertainty going into this weekend's game. There's some guarded optimism that another week of healing and participating in the workouts may bring Sumner a little closer to his regular form. If so, that will buoy the team and perhaps inspire a great effort and a win at Indiana State.

I'm going to be at the Iowa v. Minnesota game with my radio and earphone, picking up the WNAX broadcast (I have a radio that picks up WNAX pretty well in TCF Bank stadium) and following stats on the iPhone. Sure appreciate the technology! Go Jacks! Oh, and go Sumner even if he's not the quarterback of the track team.

*I suppose some wiseguy will research and find a sport that is the national pastime of Nepal that names one of its positions "quarterback".

Comment

The big question I have is will this board go into full-on meltdown mode if we don't make the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              The big question I have is will this board go into full-on meltdown mode if we don't make the playoffs?
                              Absofreakinlutely

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                Depends.

If we win out and don't get selected as an at-large there is gonna be a lot of pissed off posters.

If we don't win out, I think most realize the playoffs are virtually impossible.

If we win two in a row and lose to USD.....full melt down ban poster mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X