Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: INDIANA STATE.

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Shockingly, I pretty much see to eye-to-eye with Montana on this entire subject.
    Scary.

Comment

Like seriously, I am not. It doesn't take a genius to come up with conclusions on things. Quarterback is the most important position on the field, in fact in any sport. You may not know that if you have never played. When a three time captain and leader of a football team goes down the first game there is going to be different emotions throughout the year. Yes I get they are a team and will rely on the next guy to step up, but don't for a minute believe they wish they had their four year starter back.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
        I'd trade 10 years of making the playoffs and losing for 1 year as National Champion.
        The Idaho State Bengals just called, they want their fan back.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Its not like Lujan was a the weak link on this team. I dont think Sumner would have been able to avoid those sacks any better, Sumner is the leader and no one is questioning that, but he plays QB, he isnt going to make the D line stop the run better because he is taking snaps. He isnt going to create better pass protection on the O line. Sumner had issues with holding the ball to long and taking sacks on plays they could have been avoided when he had a great line in front of him, so just because he has a stronger arm doesnt mean he would have dealth with the D rush any better, unless he learned to throw the ball away and avoiding costly sacks like he has taken the last couple years when he tries to keep a play alive. If our D line cant "get up" and play intense and quality football because our capt QB is injured, then we have bigger issues. I doubt it was easy for Lujan to step in, but maybe being the new guy to the team helped, but our team and players should be ready to play and fired up for this season regardless of who the QB is IMHO.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            The Idaho State Bengals just called, they want their fan back.
            Idaho State are the bengals? I did not know that.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              The goal at the beginning of the year was a playoff seed and a first round bye. We aren't in that position if Sumner plays the whole year. Our defense is bad. Sumner wouldn't have helped that.

Injuries are a part of football and are a piss poor excuse for the lousy play by our defense. If we were serious contenders like our coaching staff thought we were, we should have been able to absorb any injuries with depth. We have zero depth at many positions.

The only reason I put maybe is because I'm actually starting to think our expectations were just too high at the begining of the year.

The Oshkosh game has no relevance to the fact that this team is not at the level to sniff a seed or a first round bye. If our goal at the beginning of the year was to make the playoffs and maybe win a game then we still have a chance to realize that.

I want better than mediocre and yes I realize I'm in the extreme minority.
              I think all jack fans have the same goal. Not all of us get bent out of shape when we lose. Ive been a fan for 40 years. Its just a game. More important thinks to be concerned about in life than losing a football game. Now when im at the game i get into it. If we lose it doesnt ruin my day. Maybe in the past it did but im way past that

Comment

Let me mention this again since you don't seem to get it. Lujan did a great job while in there but losing a four year starting quarterback hurts. I never said he played o line or d line but losing a qb regardless of any team has an affect on every aspect of the game. But I forgot Sumner holds on to the ball too long and couldn't have avoided the sacks so I must not know anything. I would be willing to bet 85 percent of people on here never played college ball and that's okay because this is a forum where you can believe to think you know about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                  I would be willing to bet 85 percent of people on here never played college ball and that's okay because this is a forum where you can believe to think you know about the game.
                  You're right, you either have to have played the game at the college level or be a certified GENIUS to figure out the game of college football.

In case my sarcasm isn't evident, you can take that crap elsewhere.

Edit: My 10+ years of coaching experience in both Madden and NCAA football make me more than qualified to comment on the game of football.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    I think all jack fans have the same goal. Not all of us get bent out of shape when we lose. Ive been a fan for 40 years. Its just a game. More important thinks to be concerned about in life than losing a football game. Now when im at the game i get into it. If we lose it doesnt ruin my day. Maybe in the past it did but im way past that
                    Believe it or not I dont let the Jacks loosing ruin my day either but I enjoy discussing this stuff on this forum. I learned long ago there is no reason to let sports ruin your day/week/year.

Comment

Let me mention this again since you don't seem to get it. Lujan did a great job while in there but losing a four year starting quarterback hurts. I never said he played o line or d line but losing a qb regardless of any team has an affect on every aspect of the game. But I forgot Sumner holds on to the ball too long and couldn't have avoided the sacks so I must not know anything. I would be willing to bet 85 percent of people on here never played college ball and that's okay because this is a forum where you can believe to think you know about the game.

If the offense was consistently giving the other team a short field your argument might hold some water. But the offense under Lujan has been ok. The defense allows way to many long drives because they can't stop the run. Look at the TOP and rushing yards allowed in our losses. Ill bet they are decidedly against us.

And some posters have mentioned our win at UNI. Ill contest that had UNI run the football it would have been a long day for us. If I recall correctly their stud back had less than 10 carries. I thank UNI for that.

Comment

I know nothing about the game, and I can prove it!!!!

Comment

I would have to disagree with you. If Sumner plays the whole year you have an entirely different mind set from everyone involved with the program. I don't think anyone understands the importance that he brought to the team and with him out how bad it hurt them. Not only was he a leader on that team but he is a very skilled QB. Am I saying they win every game they lost...no. But at the same time I would be willing to bed the emotions and thought process of the entire team would be different and then who knows.
                          Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Austin Sumner pajamas.

Comment

...Quarterback is the most important position on the field, in fact in any sport. ...
                            Quarterback didn't mean anything in track and field.

Comment

Like seriously, I am not. It doesn't take a genius to come up with conclusions on things. Quarterback is the most important position on the field, in fact in any sport@. You may not know that if you have never played. When a three time captain and leader of a football team goes down the first game there is going to be different emotions throughout the year. Yes I get they are a team and will rely on the next guy to step up, but don't for a minute believe they wish they had their four year starter back.
                              @ Other than pitcher in baseball, goalie in soccer, boxer in boxing, golfer in golf, runner in track and field and cross country, and swimmer in swimming.

Comment

So your going to compare individual sports to team sports? Very intelligent. Ask any ex NFL player or college players what the most important position in football is. You all can rag on me but the fact is I never said anything other than losing Sumner hurt more than people think. The End

Comment

Working...
                                X