Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: INDIANA STATE.

Default Re: INDIANA STATE.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Logistics of it all. Sort of a military word but it kind of describes the resources of Bisonville. The good news it is a sprain or something like that. Do we have this equipment at the new building? Or do we have to haul ass to the Brookings Hospital?
    I believe we will have the ability but I'm not sure if it's related to the IPF or part of the stadium remodel.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

I understand there are a lot of questions regarding both sides of the ball...but I believe with our offense that we now have we are more than capable to put up 30+ points in each of these last three games to win out and make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by timeforachange View Post
    I understand there are a lot of questions regarding both sides of the ball...but I believe with our offense that we now have we are more than capable to put up 30+ points in each of these last three games to win out and make the playoffs.
    Offense has never been the problem.

The defense is giving up almost 34 points per game in MVFC contests.

Even if the offense puts up 30+ (like they've done 4 times already this year), it will be very difficult to win out and make the playoffs. Even more so when the selection committee sees that we have the second worst defense in our conference.
    I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what Im with isnt it, and whats it seems scary and wierd. Itll happen to you. Abe Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Even if the offense puts up 30+ (like they've done 4 times already this year), it will be very difficult to win out and make the playoffs. Even more so when the selection committee sees that we have the second worst defense in our conference.
    Agreed.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Quote Originally Posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Respectfully disagree.

The offensive line is a huge problem. If they were better, Zenner would control the games better and take some pressure off of the defense.

Giving up 10 sacks in the last two games is disgraceful. Embarrassing. Awful.

Given the state of the Jacks fat boys, the game coming up is no means an easy W.

Don't get me wrong. Defense giving up 34 points per game too is disgraceful, embarrassing and awful.

DFW Rabbit now, Look for me on disc golf courses, or nearby flood disaster

Unfortunately, SDSU are in the same boat as last year, must win out to make the play-offs. A 7-4 D-I record, a top 10 SOS, and MoValley FCS record should get the Jacks into the play-offs. Further, Ind St is a prime competitor for an at-large spot. I would contend that Ind St. has almost a better chance of getting in with a 7-5 D-I record than UNI, except UNI would need wins vs both NDSU and ISU(R) to get considered. Wins over two top 10 FCS teams (NDSU/ISU(R)) would bolster UNI's chances considerably.

ISU(B) has wins over a MAC(FBS) team and Liberty (another likely at-large competitor) + Tenn Tech, a bad OVC team.

This is a decisive game for both ISU(B) and SDSU. ISU(B) has some potential of getting a seed, depending on whether they finish tied for second. Their OOC SOS is better than IL St. Most of their MVFC games have been last min games. Some wins (UNI, Mo St), some losses (IL St). They didn't look good in loss to NDSU. NDSU does that to a lot of teams.

IIRC, not a good running team. If Jacks get back to owning TOP, and keep TO to even or +, I like Jacks chances.

Lets face it that we are probably an average MVFC team right now. that probably still puts is easily in the top 20 of all FCS teams. If we make the playoffs we could easlily make a round or 2 with a healthty Sumner back. The D has given is problems and the Oline isnt as good but compared to MVFC teams we are bad. If we play northern arizona or a "good" CAA team we are probably pretty decent and will win those playoff type games. The problem is to go beyond that you have to go beyond NDSU and possibly ISUr to prove you can make a deep play off run. We might not be that good but compared to the rest of the FCS we are a pretty solid team, just our line play isnt the strength it use to be. All that said its for nothing if we dont will the last 3. plus the last 3 will hopefully improve our stats which will make it look like we played better at the end of the year.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Lets face it that we are probably an average MVFC team right now. that probably still puts is easily in the top 20 of all FCS teams. If we make the playoffs we could easlily make a round or 2 with a healthty Sumner back. The D has given is problems and the Oline isnt as good but compared to MVFC teams we are bad. If we play northern arizona or a "good" CAA team we are probably pretty decent and will win those playoff type games. The problem is to go beyond that you have to go beyond NDSU and possibly ISUr to prove you can make a deep play off run. We might not be that good but compared to the rest of the FCS we are a pretty solid team, just our line play isnt the strength it use to be. All that said its for nothing if we dont will the last 3. plus the last 3 will hopefully improve our stats which will make it look like we played better at the end of the year.
    1-0 baby! one game at a time....

It ain't going to be easy, Indiana State has played well for the most part this season.

That said, the Jackrabbits have to win this game, no excuses and no time to slip up.

Got to win. Got to.