INDIANA STATE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: INDIANA STATE.

Don't get me wrong. Defense giving up 34 points per game too is disgraceful, embarrassing and awful.

Comment

Unfortunately, SDSU are in the same boat as last year, must win out to make the play-offs. A 7-4 D-I record, a top 10 SOS, and MoValley FCS record should get the Jacks into the play-offs. Further, Ind St is a prime competitor for an at-large spot. I would contend that Ind St. has almost a better chance of getting in with a 7-5 D-I record than UNI, except UNI would need wins vs both NDSU and ISU(R) to get considered. Wins over two top 10 FCS teams (NDSU/ISU(R)) would bolster UNI's chances considerably.

ISU(B) has wins over a MAC(FBS) team and Liberty (another likely at-large competitor) + Tenn Tech, a bad OVC team.

This is a decisive game for both ISU(B) and SDSU. ISU(B) has some potential of getting a seed, depending on whether they finish tied for second. Their OOC SOS is better than IL St. Most of their MVFC games have been last min games. Some wins (UNI, Mo St), some losses (IL St). They didn't look good in loss to NDSU. NDSU does that to a lot of teams.

IIRC, not a good running team. If Jacks get back to owning TOP, and keep TO to even or +, I like Jacks chances.

Comment

Lets face it that we are probably an average MVFC team right now. that probably still puts is easily in the top 20 of all FCS teams. If we make the playoffs we could easlily make a round or 2 with a healthty Sumner back. The D has given is problems and the Oline isnt as good but compared to MVFC teams we are bad. If we play northern arizona or a "good" CAA team we are probably pretty decent and will win those playoff type games. The problem is to go beyond that you have to go beyond NDSU and possibly ISUr to prove you can make a deep play off run. We might not be that good but compared to the rest of the FCS we are a pretty solid team, just our line play isnt the strength it use to be. All that said its for nothing if we dont will the last 3. plus the last 3 will hopefully improve our stats which will make it look like we played better at the end of the year.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Lets face it that we are probably an average MVFC team right now. that probably still puts is easily in the top 20 of all FCS teams. If we make the playoffs we could easlily make a round or 2 with a healthty Sumner back. The D has given is problems and the Oline isnt as good but compared to MVFC teams we are bad. If we play northern arizona or a "good" CAA team we are probably pretty decent and will win those playoff type games. The problem is to go beyond that you have to go beyond NDSU and possibly ISUr to prove you can make a deep play off run. We might not be that good but compared to the rest of the FCS we are a pretty solid team, just our line play isnt the strength it use to be. All that said its for nothing if we dont will the last 3. plus the last 3 will hopefully improve our stats which will make it look like we played better at the end of the year.
          1-0 baby! one game at a time....

Comment

It ain't going to be easy, Indiana State has played well for the most part this season.

That said, the Jackrabbits have to win this game, no excuses and no time to slip up.

Got to win. Got to.

Comment

This will be a fun one to watch. What are the viewing options besides ISU-BLUE Web?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                This will be a fun one to watch. What are the viewing options besides ISU-BLUE Web?
                I don't think ESPN3, KDLT, or MidsoSN will be picking up any video feed. Only way to watch it is here.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                  Respectfully disagree.

The offensive line is a huge problem. If they were better, Zenner would control the games better and take some pressure off of the defense.

Giving up 10 sacks in the last two games is disgraceful. Embarrassing. Awful.

Given the state of the Jacks fat boys, the game coming up is no means an easy W.

Look at the team stats, defense is the issue for sure and close to the bottom of all defensive categories. The offense has good numbers in the stats and rank good among other teams. ZZ has how many yards? This with 7 or 8 defenders in the box because we are playing a JC transfer Freshmen qb. No we have a non mobile qb back. If I played defense I would be pinning back my ears and rushing the pass all the time. This is one reason the sacks have been given up. Also, the TE and RB helping with a chip block or picking up the blitz are missing the blocks resulting in sacks. The O line is good if everyone else does their part.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    I don't think ESPN3, KDLT, or MidsoSN will be picking up any video feed. Only way to watch it is here.
                    I think Jacks Extra may be picking up the feed, as I see a video icon on the media player for the game.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      Look at the team stats, defense is the issue for sure and close to the bottom of all defensive categories. The offense has good numbers in the stats and rank good among other teams. ZZ has how many yards? This with 7 or 8 defenders in the box because we are playing a JC transfer Freshmen qb. No we have a non mobile qb back. If I played defense I would be pinning back my ears and rushing the pass all the time. This is one reason the sacks have been given up. Also, the TE and RB helping with a chip block or picking up the blitz are missing the blocks resulting in sacks. The O line is good if everyone else does their part.
                      You obviously don't spend much time watching the O - line. The O-line is good? Really?? They are one of the worst in the nation stat wise for pass blocking and Zenner should have a lot more yards run blocking. And you blame the QB's? Sorry, but just saying they are good with no logical reasons doesn't make them good. You are saying it is not the O-lines fault that they have 10 sacks in the last two games alone?? Is it the QB's fault the O - line has a lot of penalties? If you pin your ears back for pass rushing the offense should be able to gouge it with draws and screen passes.

We can all admit injuries have been bad this year. But where is the depth? The O-line was predicted to be the weak link and they are proving it. This is disappointing because the Jacks always have had good to great O-lines.

Lets all hope they pick up their game this week. The Jacks are underdogs going in and one more loss puts them out of contention. I don't think they are in this position if they had a good O-line.

Defensive line certainly let them down too. Probably more than the O-line. The sack differential is terrible. College football is about the passing game now. If I see that third and one picture one more time where the D-line lines up a yard off the LOS, I will puke. They lost this year in the trenches and with horrible luck with injuries especially to the QB. Very disappointing, but that is football.

But it is not over until we say its over. Go Jacks and run the table.

1-0 this week!

Comment

I do watch the offensive line. How many yards does Zenner have? Guess he got those yards with no blocking according to you. Their is no stat for pass blocking that means anything. Where do the Jacks rank with passing yards and Tds? That is what you look. Yeah, qb play means everything, bad reads, no mobility and experience means more sacks. The o lone can always block better on any team. The last two games the Oline had a total of three penalties. You must be watching a different game. Last, when was the last time you seen a draw or screen called? The Jacks rarely call these plays and it's not the Oline that calls the plays. Defense cannot give up 30 or more points and expect the Jacks to win. Stop the opponent!

Comment

"Their is no stat for pass blocking that means anything. Hareofthedog."

Sorry but we'll just have to agree to disagree. SACKS are a devastating play for the offense and positive play for the defense. And yes the QB and RB's are just involved in pass blocking as the O-line. However giving up 10 sacks in 2 games is unacceptable. Pure and simple. No more room for arguments or beating a dead horse. I guarantee you Stig will do something about this. As for Zenner, yes he gets a lot of those yards on his own. Two penalties against Youngstown were game killers. Especially by your Senior leader. Again great guy, but he has regressed this year. Blocking has not been good. I'm finished with this subject.

The defense is a problem too. No argument there.

Again - I hope both lines play better this week because it all starts up front!

Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                            "Their is no stat for pass blocking that means anything. Hareofthedog."

Sorry but we'll just have to agree to disagree. SACKS are a devastating play for the offense and positive play for the defense. And yes the QB and RB's are just involved in pass blocking as the O-line. However giving up 10 sacks in 2 games is unacceptable. Pure and simple. No more room for arguments or beating a dead horse. I guarantee you Stig will do something about this. As for Zenner, yes he gets a lot of those yards on his own. Two penalties against Youngstown were game killers. Especially by your Senior leader. Again great guy, but he has regressed this year. Blocking has not been good. I'm finished with this subject.

The defense is a problem too. No argument there.

Again - I hope both lines play better this week because it all starts up front!

Go Jacks.
                            I agree that we have been giving up too many sacks but I'm hoping that Stig does something about it soon. In the last 5 games they have give up 4, 6, 4, 5 and 4 sacks. That means that this trend has been happening for a while. What happened between the UW-O game and the rest of the season. Was Missouri rusty and the Big Sky weak? Is that why we didn't give up any sacks to them but now we do? There were only 3 sacks against Missouri. The games after that were 1, 1, 2 and 3 sacks.

I think on the play Tony Romo got injured they rushed 6 rushers and Dallas only had 5 blockers. I'm not saying that that has been happening all of the time with SDSU but there are times blaming the OL in just wrong. How about if the QB holds the ball for 10 seconds? Is that on the OL. Maybe you should put a TE or RB is the backfield to help or the QB has to see they are outnumbered and get rid of the ball quicker. I think with a healthy Schneider and Sumner, they would burn teams for crowding the line of scrimmage but I could be wrong on that.

I know that the 2 penalties came on the last drive so they are big but I don't know if we would have scored on that drive or not. There were lots of drives without penalties that we didn't score so we can blame it on them but they might not have mattered at all.

Comment

We all know there are obvious things to improve on but we aren't out of the playoffs yet. So why is there no chatter?

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
                                We all know there are obvious things to improve on but we aren't out of the playoffs yet. So why is there no chatter?
                                There is a buyer beware attitude right now. While we are not technically eliminated from playoff contention, there are so many issues to shore up that some may be quite hesitant to go all in until after Saturday. If we travel to Terre Haute and get the W, I like our chances. Until then. Cautiously optimistic is the best you'll get out of me. Our inability to stop the run and inability to block up front consistently has me more than a little worried.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X