Sumner is Back Practicing: Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumner is Back Practicing: Thoughts

Per Terry V: Sumner was back at practice Wednesday. From different people he wants to play this Saturday.

Re: Sumner is Back Practicing: Thoughts

The coaches will do what's best for the team. It's good to hear he is at least back practicing.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

With only two days of practice , you would think it would have to be an emergency of utmost proportions to put Sumner on the field against the #1 team in the country ,coming off of a major foot injury on a hard turf field.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        With only two days of practice , you would think it would have to be an emergency of utmost proportions to put Sumner on the field against the #1 team in the country ,coming off of a major foot injury on a hard turf field.
        It is an emergency of utmost proportions - win or go home with no playoffs - possibly.

Plus Austin doesn't have many games left in his career and I'm positive he wants to play. Why save him for later if he is medically clear?

What a great morale boost for the team and fans!

Go Jacks!

Comment

I heard from some of the players that he has been throwing dimes. His arm strength is still there, but his mobility is the question. I personally would rather have a Sumner stuck in the pocket than a Lujan that can't sit in the pocket. He has a timer in his head when he imagines the D-line is on him. When the timer is up, Lujan scrambles for a yard. I would much rather have Sumner, especially because he will be able to throw a deep ball.
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            I heard from some of the players that he has been throwing dimes. His arm strength is still there, but his mobility is the question. I personally would rather have a Sumner stuck in the pocket than a Lujan that can't sit in the pocket. He has a timer in his head when he imagines the D-line is on him. When the timer is up, Lujan scrambles for a yard. I would much rather have Sumner, especially because he will be able to throw a deep ball.
            If you want a QB that camps out in the pocket,Sumner is your guy. While i'm happy he's back practicing, we're gonna need a mobile QB against the Bison....mobile as in running for their life.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              If you want a QB that camps out in the pocket,Sumner is your guy. While i'm happy he's back practicing, we're gonna need a mobile QB against the Bison....mobile as in running for their life.
              This^. IMHO, the QB's that have had some success this season in the passing game seemed the most proficient when rolling out away from Kyle Emmanuel.

Comment

Working...
              X