Opening Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Night

Hardrockers in town for a doubleheader exhibition tomorrow night. Should be fun to see some of the new players on both men and women's teams.

Re: Opening Night

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Hardrockers in town for a doubleheader exhibition tomorrow night. Should be fun to see some of the new players on both men and women's teams.
    Will George Marshall be able to play in exhibition? Will redshirts for the season be able to play?
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Will George Marshall be able to play in exhibition? Will redshirts for the season be able to play?
      I would think they would be able to play because its an exhibition game. It would be no different than the Brazil trip. I don't see Nagy playing them though. These games are to help the team get ready for the start of the season which unfortunately Marshall won't be eligible for. There are enough new faces on the team who could use the experience and floor time right away. I don't think Marshall will have any trouble adjusting when he does become eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        I would think they would be able to play because its an exhibition game. It would be no different than the Brazil trip. I don't see Nagy playing them though. These games are to help the team get ready for the start of the season which unfortunately Marshall won't be eligible for. There are enough new faces on the team who could use the experience and floor time right away. I don't think Marshall will have any trouble adjusting when he does become eligible.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Marshall could play in Brazil.

I would guess Marshall can't play because he's not eligible, but the redshirts could play because they are eligible. That being said, I also don't see Nagy playing any players that are sure redshirts. He might play a guy that he is on the fence about red shirting.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Marshall could play in Brazil.

I would guess Marshall can't play because he's not eligible, but the redshirts could play because they are eligible. That being said, I also don't see Nagy playing any players that are sure redshirts. He might play a guy that he is on the fence about red shirting.
          You are right, he wasn't allow due to transfer rules. He still isn't allowed to participate until the end of the semester. All he can do is practice with the team.

Comment

I know that the redshirts last year played in the exhibition games. I'm not sure if this was because Nagy wasn't positive on who was to redshirt, but they did get in. Thus far, Mike Daum seems to be the one that will redshirt, but this hasn't been confirmed. It will be interesting to see if he gets in the game Thursday.
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

You are right, he wasn't allow due to transfer rules. He still isn't allowed to participate until the end of the semester. All he can do is practice with the team.
              I just talked to Lane Severyn, and he said that Marshall was eligible to play in Brazil. However, he already had the Euro tour lined up, so he didn't make the trip. According to Severyn, Marshall should be able to be involved in the exhibition games as well. I'm not sure if this is correct, but there is a chance we will see him tomorrow. Now we just have to wait and see.
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

"The South Dakota State men's basketball team – minus point guard George Marshall, per NCAA transfer rules – heads to Brazil on Sunday to embark on a 10-day, four-game trip."
                http://www.argusleader.com/story/terryvandrovec/2014/08/01/blog-sdsu-going-to-brazil/13390105/

I don't know what the actual reasoning is but it doesn't matter at this point. It would be nice to see Marshall in action tomorrow so we can see what he brings but it would also be a good idea to get players use to playing without him in a game. Anyways, I am excited to see both teams in action tomorrow and get a better sense of what the teams are capable of especially on the women's side. I think this is going to be a very special year.

Comment

Time to catch up on DVR recordings tonight. It's absolutely impossible for me to sleep the night before the season starts. Can't wait!
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If this doesn't get you excited, I don't know what will

Comment

It got me excited. Unfortunately i wont make it tonight.

Comment

Definatley excited to see the new guys in action.

Even if it is against Tech.

Comment

Outside of the transfers, it will give us a look at who will be a 4 year contributor(or a starter) like a Dykstra or a Fiegen or a Carlson or maybe a Wolters. We may even see a little change in the game plans this year.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Worked for me. Looking forward to seeing more highlights added to that this season. There are so many unknowns on so many Summit teams, it's going to be fun to watch it play out both for SDSU and the entire conference.

Comment

George Marshall won't be in action tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X