Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opening Night

Starters (pulled from a hat?)

Deondre Parks, Junior (transfer from Iowa Lakes CC)
    Reed Tellinghuisen, True Freshman
    Layne Severyn, Rdshrt Freshman
    Connor Devine, Sophomore
    Logan Doyle, Reshrt Freshman

Lots of new faces. Lot of height.

This sounds like fun!

Comment

Anybody notice they have San Diego State listed on the live stats on gojacks.com?

http://www.gojacks.com/newLiveStats/...b_oem_id=15000

Comment

Bittle had to get his right hand wrapped. That didn't take long...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          Anybody notice they have San Diego State listed on the live stats on gojacks.com?

pretty inexcusable

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post

Yeah, not sure why they link to those live stats still.

The new live stats page is gojackslive.com .

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=66907&a=1

Comment

Parks can definitely score. It will be neat to see what he can do at the off-guard once Marshall comes in and takes over the point duty. Tellinghuisen looks like he might be ready to contribute this season.

43-22 at half

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Yeah, not sure why they link to those live stats still.

The new live stats page is gojackslive.com .

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=66907&a=1
                Ah thanks. Much better format

Comment

On a side note it's about 50 degrees in Frost. People have winter coats and gloves on...
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    On a side note it's about 50 degrees in Frost. People have winter coats and gloves on...
                    I thought they put in some ugly hvac system isn't that helping?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Yah, it's cooling the place down real nice.

Comment

You can't make this stuff up. Someone just wrapped themselves in a blanket...

Comment

Watched the entire game on GoJacks and I have to say, I'm even more excited about the Bball than I was going into the game (didn't know if that was even possible). Oh course, I need to Larry David my enthusiasm because it was against SD Mines, but I did really like what I saw out there.

It was easy to tell there were a lot of kids competing for regular season playing time out there and it showed with this being the most intensity I've seen from a Jackrabbit team during an exhibition game in a long time. Coach Nagy is going to have some tough decisions to make in terms of PT because all the projected contributors showed flashes of what they could bring to the table and even Theisen and Tellinghuisen looked like they were physically and mentally ready to contribute. Mike Daum didn't look too bad either, but he is definitely the most raw and it is all but a certainty that he'll red shirt. If this were past Jackrabbit teams, Daum most certainly would have played, but the current depth at the post allows us the luxury of a red shirt.

I don't think PT will be figured out till at least a few games into the season because the young talent isn't separating itself (in a good way), but I hope to see a deep rotation of players this year.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            It is not that ugly as they made the exhaust tubing blue to match the catwalks. The cooling systems are in the SE and SW corners which are not real distracting. It was very cool inside which made people huddle together. The 2014-15 MBB appears to have some potential to play more players than normal as well. Broman looked as though he could be capable of getting some shots to fall this year. Devine is looking stronger and he can block shots. The freshmen should bring potential players with some minutes as Severyn, Flatten, Tellinghuisen, and Theisen could all get quality time. Parks is a major contibutor immediately and he has speed. Parks did a fair amount of driving to the bucket and he pulled up for a long shot as well. The team inside passing needs better timing and maybe one less pass sometimes(17 turnovers). the team shot 76% at the free throw line.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It will be curious to see what happens with the rotation and more importantly the depth of it. I just don't believe in today's game if we are playing at a decent speed, most guys can play 30-36 min/game which has been the norm with the Jacks. While I doubt you play 11 guys as that's difficult to maintain continuity, I would like to see a 8-9 man rotation with bench players getting 10-15 per game to rest. It will hopefully lead to more energy down the stretch and better execution.

We'll see.

Comment

Parks was definately impressive. I was worried about the label of "combo" guard, and the transition to Marshall. But he alleviated alot of those concerns last night. Certainly is cable of running the Point Guard positon. He's a good player.

Tellinghuisen for me, was the most impressive of the Freshmen and Redshirts. He just looked... "polished", didn't look rattled really at any point (and he made a few mistakes early in the game. I think he's going to turn out to be a good one. And he is lanky, and can handle.

Severyn and Flatten are both very Athletic... Severyn the more physical of the two... Flatten a bit more flash... I think they'll both be contributors soon, and maybe Flatten has a higher upside.

Thiessen looks like a servicable backup in the post. Good Rebounder and Hustler. Liked what I saw from him.

Broman just looked more comfortable out there. I'm not sure if "improved" is the word, but he played better. Didn't seem like he was pressing, or shook up to be out there. (which I thought I saw some of last year). He'll definately hit some shots this year.

Devine does look stronger...didn't get pushed around as much, but he's still pretty thin.

It looked to me like Horstman was playing the 4 quite a bit. Maybe in a Griffen Callahan type role, and Undersized 4 who can shoot it? Not sure if that's his future, but he appeared to struggle a bit playing this position.

Jake and Cody were fine. They didn't dominate or anything, but they didn't play the normal rotation minutes either, so it's difficult to say anything about them.

When Parks went to the bench... it appeared that Flatten ran the point a few possesions. (Broman was out at that time too). Just something I noticed, it could have just been that he was the nearest Guard to the rebound, though...

They seemed to run alot of 2 man game on one side of the court...looking for a ball screen for the wing, and then penetration or post up off of that. 3 guys on the weakside of the court.

Difficult to tell how they'll be against Summit foes. I don't think Tech is very good. Play was sloppy both ways throughout, which was expected. But there were some stretches where the Jacks looked very good. (But I have to remind myself about who they were playing against).

I'll say this. I'm not sure how this team will be this year...but in the next few coming years, this will be a really good team.

Comment

Working...
                                X