Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker - 2014 Edition

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I'll respectfully disagree, it didn't work. Reference last seasons run D stats, from SELA through Mo St our run D was not good. Butler was not a threat and UND just chucked because of the point deficit. We adjusted around the Northern Iowa game and did well until EWU.
    The current D-line scheme has been ineffective against all teams with a decent running game. It doesn't work against an Oline dedicated to the ground game. I watched the Bison game with a large number of people that have not seen a Jackrabbit game before. They were literally dumbfounded by the defensive alignment. They could not believe their eyes. These are people that watch a lot a football at every level.

I'm with KUlaw and a bunch of others. Get back to a traditional scheme, implement it for at least a series or 3. It can't be any worse than it is now. The Bison figured it out and crushed the Jacks in the 2nd half, can't have that happen this weekend.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

How can they expect to stop them on 3rd and short or 4th and short when they are so far off the ball?

I mean they are giving them the first down...
      Hasn't anyone here played John Madden Football? The trick to getting D-Line line penetration is to pull them off the line 5-10 yards. They'll then swarm through the O-Line like it's not even there. At least this was the case with the late 90's versions.

This has years of video game simulation behind the theory. What more proof do people need that this can be applied to the real world?

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
        Hasn't anyone here played John Madden Football? The trick to getting D-Line line penetration is to pull them off the line 5-10 yards. They'll then swarm through the O-Line like it's not even there. At least this was the case with the late 90's versions.

This has years of video game simulation behind the theory. What more proof do people need that this can be applied to the real world?
        So you're saying they hired this guy to develop our defensive scheme?

http://deadspin.com/man-applies-for-...dde-1481626884

It's all starting to make sense now.

Comment

JFC, looking at that screenshot disturbs me every time. Ugh.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Me too. I get the impression folks think it doesn't bother me, and it does.

I really wish somebody in the media would ask a real, pointed question about our defense's performance in the context of lining up so differently than virtually the rest of the football world. I have a feeling TV isn't going to be able to dance around the question in this week's live chat.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Me too. I get the impression folks think it doesn't bother me, and it does.

I really wish somebody in the media would ask a real, pointed question about our defense's performance in the context of lining up so differently than virtually the rest of the football world. I have a feeling TV isn't going to be able to dance around the question in this week's live chat.
              It would help if TV better understood what you are asking. Football is not TV's strength. He will dance. Guaranteed. Wouldn't it make more sense if he just asked Stig and continue down the line to D coordinator, D line coach, and finally the players until he gets an answer? Betcha Stig would dance around the answer. The Jacks sometimes are like the CIA the way they guard information.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                It would help if TV better understood what you are asking. Football is not TV's strength. He will dance. Guaranteed. Wouldn't it make more sense if he just asked Stig and continue down the line to D coordinator, D line coach, and finally the players until he gets an answer? Betcha Stig would dance around the answer. The Jacks sometimes are like the CIA the way they guard information.
                As much as I hate to say it, sounds like a job for Stu.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Need to photoshop that official signaling a first down.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    As much as I hate to say it, sounds like a job for Stu.
                    Good one. RPT PTS GIVEN

Comment

Working...
                    X