Re: Dakota Marker - 2014 Edition

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    You don't have kids, do you?
    I do actually

He's 9 months old so I'm sure he would do great at a football game too

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Wrong message board. He's more a Notre Dame fan. See Notre Dame's board: http://www.uhnd.com/bb/forum/index.p...main&forumid=6
      That Notre Dame board is awful, I prefer irishenvy.com

Comment

Well, if you slept in, the 400 NDSU tickets that went on sale today at 0800 are already gone.

Comment

Leaving SF with an NDSU fan tomorrow at 9AM to make it up to Fargo for a little tailgating in the frigid weather and then the game. Anyone else attending?
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Kolpack's article on Stig reminds us that while NDSU is our arch-rival, and the team we want to beat, they are also a very respectful rival, and are probably cheering on Jackrabbits when not on the same court/field.

To those trekking north, the tailgating outside the FargoDome matches up well to any that you'd encounter in FCS (tho McNeese tailgates well also). And for the game, few fan bases are more knowledgeable or punishing to opponents than the FargoDome crowd.

Hopeful for a great tight game. Few games have inspired more passion out of this Rabid Rabbit than the 2007 then 2008 wins over the Bovine.

Comment

To all the Jacks fans on here, feel free to stop by when tailgating. Just PM me if you need coordinates. Rowdy, bring the kids...there should be jumping games. After that bring them over to our tailgate. I've got two 7 yr olds that they can play with.

KUlawJack, stop by as well...I'm sure my kids will play with you too.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Kolpack's article on Stig reminds us that while NDSU is our arch-rival, and the team we want to beat, they are also a very respectful rival, and are probably cheering on Jackrabbits when not on the same court/field.

To those trekking north, the tailgating outside the FargoDome matches up well to any that you'd encounter in FCS (tho McNeese tailgates well also). And for the game, few fan bases are more knowledgeable or punishing to opponents than the FargoDome crowd.

Hopeful for a great tight game. Few games have inspired more passion out of this Rabid Rabbit than the 2007 then 2008 wins over the Bovine.
                You earned that respect. Lets remember some history:

1. What other NCC school had the vision and foresight to move up with NDSU, despite no conference invites? SDSU
                2. What school helped start a new trophy tradition when both lost their traditional rival? SDSU
                3. What school won the first Dakota Marker game? SDSU
                4. Who ruined NDSU's perfect season in 2007? SDSU
                5. Who was the first team in the FCS playoffs? SDSU

Your respect has been earned. NDSU respects no other program in the MVFC like SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

1. What other NCC school had the vision and foresight to move up with NDSU, despite no conference invites? SDSU
                  2. What school helped start a new trophy tradition when both lost their traditional rival? SDSU

Your respect has been earned. NDSU respects no other program in the MVFC like SDSU.
                  Not a slight to SDSU, but there is a ton of respect for UNI as well.

Comment

I knew I liked Stig for a reason; great article by Kolpack on your coach:

http://www.inforum.com/content/kolpa...ans-his-values
                    As I have said before, Coach Stig is one of the finest men I have had the pleasure of meeting. Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

• Re: Dakota Marker - 2014 Edition

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      As I have said before, Coach Stig is one of the finest men I have had the pleasure of meeting. Thanks for sharing this.
                      Agree. Integrity, honesty, and faithfulness are 3 words that come to mind when I am asked about Coach Stig.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Agree. Integrity, honesty, and faithfulness are 3 words that come to mind when I am asked about Coach Stig.
                        I can't help but wonder how he would do if at NDSU, with that tradition and resources behind him. Have to have very thick skin, too, as expectations are Texas like. I really don't know, but fun to ponder.

Comment

Good post. And while I respect them and feel nothing close to how I feel towards UND, I still hate losing to the Jackrabbits.

Comment

I can't help but wonder how he would do if at NDSU, with that tradition and resources behind him. Have to have very thick skin, too, as expectations are Texas like. I really don't know, but fun to ponder.
                            Stig was a grad assistant to Don Morton and crew that got ate alive by the peter principle in Madison Wisconsin. I know him personally and he knows about as much about the game as anyone. One thing he has lacked at SDSU is resources. Had he gotten at crack at NDSU, I think he would have done as well as any of the coaches that have succeeded. I don't think he would have stayed 19 years but he has felt blessed to coach SDSU for 19 and counting years. His religious values would be a credit to any school for which he coached.

Comment

Safe travels to the Jacks fan making the trip north today.

Marker stays in Fargo again.

Comment

So not sure if this is an omen or what but I rarely remember my dreams. Since having kids its even more rare maybe a couple times a year I can recall them clearly but this morning I woke up remembering a very vivid sdsu winning 32-29. Ndsu goes for a late on side kick we recover this time and seal the win in the victory formation.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X