All Things Playoffs Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Playoffs Related

While it is a little bit of sour grapes to call the playoffs rigged in favor of the Bison, I think even Bison fans would agree the playoff committee doesn't do the MVFC any favors. Kudos to NDSU for making it so the committee doesn't have the ability to screw them.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      How is it rigged?

Look, I don't like NDSU but them playing at home in the playoffs is because they are good, not because it's "rigged"
      I knew I could get in a losing argument with some one. Mangos your the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I am about to close the books on this year. Even if we are lucky to get into the play offs, somewhere along the line we get crushed by the Bizon. This whole deal is rigged so that the bison enjoy home games through out Nov-Dec. and then they cap it off winning the big plaque that says they are national champs. What a joke.
        This whole deal is rigged? You guys crap the bed in one game and now are against the wall to make the playoffs and the whole deal is rigged for NDSU? Hmmmmm that's an interesting take on FCS football but I don't agree. You can hate on NDSU if you want but NDSU doesn't get a pass on Saturdays against anyone. They put on their pads and line up and take everyone's best shot. I get the frustration you may have but I couldn't let that lame post go without commenting. You maybe need to take a day or two off from the computer before you post just a suggestion.

Comment

I knew I could get in a losing argument with some one. Mangos your the man.
          You're in a losing argument because you are flat out wrong.

Should the MVFC have more in the playoffs than they do? Yes. Should NDSU be the No. 1 seed and playing at home every game? Without question.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
            This whole deal is rigged? You guys crap the bed in one game and now are against the wall to make the playoffs and the whole deal is rigged for NDSU? Hmmmmm that's an interesting take on FCS football but I don't agree. You can hate on NDSU if you want but NDSU doesn't get a pass on Saturdays against anyone. They put on their pads and line up and take everyone's best shot. I get the frustration you may have but I couldn't let that lame post go without commenting. You maybe need to take a day or two off from the computer before you post just a suggestion.
            Just maybe I am having a little fun. Of course its not rigged, after seeing one team win it three years in a row, well that is quite an accomplishment. And yes NDSU has the privilege of hosting. Just having fun and frustrated no, not in the big picture of things.

Comment

We don't win in Fargo, we don't make the playoffs. A must win here, I'm not counting on the "mystique" of the Valley this year to carry us in one bit. That committee sucks and they have proven it over and over.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

So at this point, what are the chances scheduling Oshkosh comes back to bite us in the tooshy?

I have zero, and I mean zero faith in the selection committee.

Comment

A 5-3 MVFC deserves a spot in the playoffs this season. Will it happen? doubtful. SDSU has to go 4-0 or 3-1 to keep in the conversation. ISU-B and WIU aren't gimme games either. It's going to be tough but there is still hope.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    So at this point, what are the chances scheduling Oshkosh comes back to bite us in the tooshy?

What's funny is Oshkosh would probably kick the crap out of some of the teams that will qualify as victories for other contenders. I'm not saying that to inflate Oshkosh either, but rather making a point at how bad some teams are in the FCS (remember, Oshkosh has as many scholarships as Pioneer League teams and not many less than some other conferences).
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

You should not. The bias isn't imagined, its real. The only conference reps that understand the dominance of the MVFC are the MVFC reps. 4 teams max and right now NDSU, ISUr and YSU are in. Jacks and ISUb have the best shot at the 4th spot.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We won't find out unless State wins 8 games. If State goes 7-5 they wouldn't make the playoffs anyways. Win 3 out of the next 4 and finish the season at 8-4 and we'll find out.
                        Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 10-28-2014, 06:56 AM.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Nidaros, thanks for the laugh. Good stuff bud! See you out tailgating on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                            Nidaros, thanks for the laugh. Good stuff bud! See you out tailgating on Saturday?
                            No I am too embarrassed to show up. Have fun and enjoy your rabbit stew. That too, is probably rigged. I just don't see us winning based on how we played on Saturday. Youngstown<< NDSU.

Comment

No I am too embarrassed to show up. Have fun and enjoy your rabbit stew. That too, is probably rigged. I just don't see us winning based on how we played on Saturday. Youngstown<< NDSU.
                              I don't know, I respect the fans that travel and support their team even when they don't expect to win. You are always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                I don't know, I respect the fans that travel and support their team even when they don't expect to win. You are always welcome.
                                I definitely would be going if I could have gotten tickets. I'm sure many more would be going.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X