All Things Playoffs Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Playoffs Related

We do have a much-improved offense compared to the game in Fargo a month ago. We just need to get there, and get there relatively healthy. I don't know anything about MSU except that they come from a conference that got blasted by the MVFC this year.

Comment

Typical BSC team. High powered offense. Their scoring D is ranked about 112th. Got cursed my Montana this weekend but otherwise the have competed in every game. I think they're banged up more than SDSU.

Jacks are the better team and should get this win on the road. Won't be as easy as NAU last year but shouldn't be as tough as a MVC road game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

MSU can put up points. There starting QB was injured against the Griz, the backup had 7 turnovers, so that is not the way the team normally plays. MSU played Eastern washington in a non-conference game early in the year and lost 51-52. They also lost to Cal poly by 8. There defense gives up a lot of points too. SDSU should be able to score on them, we just need to stop their offense. Im pretty sure their startng QB will be back.

Comment

At the end of the selection show they said Indiana State and Montana State were 2 of the last 3 teams in. They also said that Youngstown was 1 of the last four left out.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
            At the end of the selection show they said Indiana State and Montana State were 2 of the last 3 teams in. They also said that Youngstown was 1 of the last four left out.
            Not that it really matters but did Indiana State win the head to head with Youngstown? Would love to have the Hobo day back in the win column.

Comment

Good luck in Bozeman! Loved that town as much as any any Bison roadtrip I've been on. I think you guys will steamroll the cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
                MSU can put up points. There starting QB was injured against the Griz, the backup had 7 turnovers, so that is not the way the team normally plays. MSU played Eastern washington in a non-conference game early in the year and lost 51-52. They also lost to Cal poly by 8. There defense gives up a lot of points too. SDSU should be able to score on them, we just need to stop their offense. Im pretty sure their startng QB will be back.
                That will really have a huge impact on the game. There seems to be a huge disparity in quality between the Bobcats starter and backup, though this should be expected considering their starter will more-than-likely finish top 5 in the Payton Award voting.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  That will really have a huge impact on the game. There seems to be a huge disparity in quality between the Bobcats starter and backup, though this should be expected considering their starter will more-than-likely finish top 5 in the Payton Award voting.
                  I hope we can get more sacks against MSU then we did against Earl yesterday. I think we got only one. Earl is darn good in my opinion. This guy probably is too.

Comment

Starting QB is hurt and uncertain for Saturday based on what I last read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I agree, but our subsidy comes from the Big Dance revenue, that is making up the play off costs that are not matched by revenue from tickets sold. Not every one of the 24 schools are able to draw 19000 people, that why I wonder some times if being FCS champs three years in a row is worth it. Making the sweet 16 in men's basketball 3 years in a row would pay much more that the 3 NC in FCS.

That is a joke, right?

Comment

From the Bozeman paper just now:

The Bobcats finished just 2-2 in their final four games. Of their six Big Sky victories, two came against programs with winning records; the other four squads (North Dakota, UC Davis, Weber State and Portland State) finished with a combined tally of 12-35.

One of those late-season defeats came against a Cal Poly squad South Dakota State routed, 44-18, on Sept. 6.

The Jackrabbits, who are riding a three-game winning streak, lost three to FCS competition. Two of those schools — North Dakota State and fifth-seeded Illinois State — are in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          That is a joke, right?
                          NO ITS NOT A JOKE.
                          I am speaking of dollars that goes into the coffers of member schools. NDSU has not gotten squat for winning those three NC's.
                          But someone like Bulter has hauled in a bunch from NCAA post season play via making the sweet sixteen for men's bb.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            NO ITS NOT A JOKE.
                            I am speaking of dollars that goes into the coffers of member schools. NDSU has not gotten squat for winning those three NC's.
                            But someone like Bulter has hauled in a bunch from NCAA post season play via making the sweet sixteen for men's bb.
                            Your posts are a marvel of modern insanity. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                              Your posts are a marvel of modern insanity. Wow!
                              The playoffs do not make money. NDSU is a big supporter for paying for the playoffs. CBS does not sponsor the FCS playoffs and they cost more money then they make. Thanks for filling the dome time after time and help paying the bills for the NCAA.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 11-23-2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Does this look like some school has made a pile of money from three NC and FCS playoffs.

Granted a dated article, but the facts are pretty much the same. And Rob Portman is not the best source on any topic except here he did some research.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/alm...and-taxpayers/

Comment

Working...
                                X