All Things Playoffs Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Things Playoffs Related

I understand many of you like to take a one game a week approach, great! You don't have to participate.

Why I think we make the playoffs with either a 9-3 or 8-4 record:

At 9-3 we would reach the important 8 D1 wins mark highlighted by wins over NDSU, UNI, and ISU Blue. We are in no questions asked.

At 8-4 we would only have 7 D1 wins. However, we play in the toughest conference and our three losses include Missouri, and possibly two undefeated teams in NDSU, and ISU Red. Our wins would be highlighted by UNI, ISU Blue and CAL POLY! Cal Poly just crushed Montana by 20, 41-21! They are tied for second in the Big Sky and have a chance to take down conference leader Montana State next week (Games @ Cal Poly). If they finish at 9-3 or 8-4 that wins looks really good! Finally, in this scenario we would be riding a 3 game win streak heading into the playoffs!!!

Thoughts? Please Discuss

Re: All Things Playoffs Related

8-4 gets us in....I think. But we gotta get to 8 wins first...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      8-4 gets us in....I think. But we gotta get to 8 wins first...
      Just keep on winning and good things will happen. A win in Fargo would be big. Just saying....

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Just keep on winning and good things will happen. A win in Fargo would be big. Just saying....
        But virtually impossible!

Comment

The biggest impact on the playoffs at this point has to be the number of injuries we are dealing with. By my count, we have had 2 all-american's lose almost all season (Shoff, Sumner) another all-american miss an important time (Schneider) and at least two all conference type performers miss almost all of the season (i.e. Ellmore & Mueller, etc.). Finally, some other very good players have lost significant playing time (Strehlow, Klocek, Leiseth, Rodriguez, etc) due to injury.

Hopefully, we can battle through the last four games and finish strong. By all means the Valley is very tough and the Big Sky is living up to their nickname of the Big Softy. Seeing that NAU beat E. Washington and knowing that the bottom team in the Valley (USD) beat NAU really punctuates the strength of the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post
            The biggest impact on the playoffs at this point has to be the number of injuries we are dealing with. By my count, we have had 2 all-american's lose almost all season (Shoff, Sumner) another all-american miss an important time (Schneider) and at least two all conference type performers miss almost all of the season (i.e. Ellmore & Mueller, etc.). Finally, some other very good players have lost significant playing time (Strehlow, Klocek, Leiseth, Rodriguez, etc) due to injury.

Hopefully, we can battle through the last four games and finish strong. By all means the Valley is very tough and the Big Sky is living up to their nickname of the Big Softy. Seeing that NAU beat E. Washington and knowing that the bottom team in the Valley (USD) beat NAU really punctuates the strength of the Valley.

All americans? Zenner and Witzman are the only All American to come out of SDSU recently, unless there is a all American list I'm missing and Witzman graduated

Pretty sure the 1-3 QB's last year were Jimmy Garopalo EIU, Vernon Adams EWU and Brock Jensen NDSU

Edit, looks like you had a CB last year also Wright
            Last edited by tjbison; 10-26-2014, 04:02 PM. Reason: missed a player
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

EWU qb broke his foot a couple of weeks ago so they are not the same team just like the Jacks.

Shoff has missed the majority of two years with multiple knees injuries/surgeries so being an all conference player is not even close unless he can show he can play a season. Size means nothing on the bench.

injuries are part of the game with all teams go thru this problem.

Comment

Ok, So we make the playoffs, If we have sumner by then, How much noise do you think we can make?
                What if we get in and get hosed and have to play the #1 seed since they are close like a few years back?
                I guess we get to stick the "we got into the playoff's" Feather in our hats. That certainly helps recruiting, although beating the buffalo may be as important. Would be nice to ruin their streak again.

Comment

Before Youngstown we may have been on the cusp for a seed. Now if we make it it may be week #1 - E Wa. or Mont. on the road with the survivor going to Fargo for week #2. Of course going 1-0 this week would change that. Of course I don't know what i'm talking about but thanks for taking time to read this!

Go Jacks!!

e

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    Before Youngstown we may have been on the cusp for a seed. Now if we make it it may be week #1 - E Wa. or Mont. on the road with the survivor going to Fargo for week #2. Of course going 1-0 this week would change that. Of course I don't know what i'm talking about but thanks for taking time to read this!

Go Jacks!!

e

The bison are ripe for an upset. I am for going 1-0 this week too.

Comment

I wasn't able to attend, but was able to watch the broadcast on KDLT. For those who missed it, they interviewed YSU's AD, Sell, and Patty Viverito from the MVFC. IMO, the MVFC and its coaches have already begun the lobbying for 5 teams from the MVFC to make the playoffs.

Sell said it would be a shame if 5 teams didn't make it, and he said he expects those teams to make some noise.

Viverito said to look at the FCS out-of-conference schedule for the MVFC. The MVFC had 1 loss, and it was by their 10th ranked team in the conference.

Personally, I think the MVFC conference sees the conference getting ready to cannibalize itself and is trying to get out in front of it. They also may be trying to fend off the impending screw job coming from the selection committee.

The cannibalization should continue this weekend, with the Jacks going 1-0.

Comment

Not sure how much you guys follow Dom and Izzo in Fargo, but they do a great job covering not just NDSU, but the FCS. Dom just posted his latest playoff field:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91165

He has SDSU in. I think if you guys lose this weekend, but still take care of business the rest of the year, you are still in.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                          Not sure how much you guys follow Dom and Izzo in Fargo, but they do a great job covering not just NDSU, but the FCS. Dom just posted his latest playoff field:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91165

He has SDSU in. I think if you guys lose this weekend, but still take care of business the rest of the year, you are still in.
                          DONT FOLLOW AND DONT CARE.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            I wasn't able to attend, but was able to watch the broadcast on KDLT. For those who missed it, they interviewed YSU's AD, Sell, and Patty Viverito from the MVFC. IMO, the MVFC and its coaches have already begun the lobbying for 5 teams from the MVFC to make the playoffs.

Sell said it would be a shame if 5 teams didn't make it, and he said he expects those teams to make some noise.

Viverito said to look at the FCS out-of-conference schedule for the MVFC. The MVFC had 1 loss, and it was by their 10th ranked team in the conference.

Personally, I think the MVFC conference sees the conference getting ready to cannibalize itself and is trying to get out in front of it. They also may be trying to fend off the impending screw job coming from the selection committee.

The cannibalization should continue this weekend, with the Jacks going 1-0.
                            In all seriousness, NDSU and ISU-r need to lose at least 1 game in conference play to have any prayer of getting 5 into the playoffs.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              DONT FOLLOW AND DONT CARE.
                              Don't care about an objective look at where SDSU is in the playoff race? Then why are you posting in this thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X