Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Playoffs Related

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Would absolutely LOVE to get a shot at MSU.
    Zenner would run wild...

Comment

I would personally like to see a second round game vs Ill. St to make up for our piss poor performance there earlier this year

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        I would personally like to see a second round game vs Ill. St to make up for our piss poor performance there earlier this year
        Agreed. Just no NDSU in the 2nd round even though they're beatable this year.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I"m worried that the committee will pair 4 of the 5 of us up with an in conference foe to insure that no more than 3 MVC teams make it to to round of 8!

Thanks NCAA bureaucracy! We deserve separation. Go Jacks!!

Comment

I don't think Youngstown wins but if they do I think State could possibly be out of the playoffs. We're Bison fans this weekend.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I don't think Youngstown wins but if they do I think State could possibly be out of the playoffs. We're Bison fans this weekend.
              I tend to think you are right about Youngstown and the next team to beat the Bison will get all sorts of goodies like home field advantage.

Comment

Games to watch tonight/tomorrow....

Eastern Washington at Portland State (9pm kickoff tonight) - It would benefit SDSU if EWU wins and takes the BS autobid.

Youngstown State at North Dakota State (2:30pm kickoff). YSU (7-4, 4-3) needs a win or they're done. If they win, the Jacks will probably get left out.

Liberty at Coastal Carolina (12pm kickoff). A CCU win would eliminate Liberty. They would be 7-5. A Liberty win and they're in the conversation.

Montana State at Montana (4pm kickoff). A Montana win and they're in the playoff conversation. Frankly, I think they're resume is awful and they are ranked on reputation alone. Here are Montana's wins this season: Non D1, USD, Northern Colorado, North Dakota, UC Davis, Sac State, Southern Utah. They shouldn't be in even if they beat Montana State. Montana State will be in with a win. Their resume isn't much better.

Indiana State at Western Illinois (1pm kickoff) - Indiana State (7-4, 4-3) is probably in with a win. They also have a win over Ball State (who is probably worse than many FCS teams, btw). Jacks fans should cheer for WIU.

Missouri State at Northern Iowa (4pm kickoff) - UNI is in the playoffs with a win. They are on a roll right now and the Jacks were the last team to beat them.

Best case scenario for SDSU tomorrow, IMO, is NDSU, CCU, MSU, and Western Illinois all winning.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  Games to watch tonight/tomorrow....

Eastern Washington at Portland State (9pm kickoff tonight) - It would benefit SDSU if EWU wins and takes the Big Sky.
                  EWU won 56-34 last night so that is good so far!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

So today I am also a Bison fan? That's hard to take. Reminds me of the time I switched political parties to vote in the opposition's primary and thereby do a little mischief.

Okay, here goes Go Bison!

Geez, just threw up a little.

Comment

Liberty with a big win over CCU; 15-14. Liberty steals the Big South Autobid. CCU will be in with an at-large.

Right now, WIU leads Indiana State 34-12 in the 4th quarter. A WIU win would be huge for SDSU. It would put SDSU ahead of ISU in the standings and give them 5 losses.

NDSU up 14-0 on YSU.

If these scores hold, Jacks should be in.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        So today I am also a Bison fan? That's hard to take. Reminds me of the time I switched political parties to vote in the opposition's primary and thereby do a little mischief.

I look at is as being not a fan of YSU. there's a difference

Comment

ISU-B loses at Western and YSU is about to lose to NDSU.

With SDSU's win, Dom Izzo of WDAY in Fargo, who usually does bracketology, tweets that SDSU will make the playoffs for a third straight year.

Comment

UNI 13
                            MSU 7 about 4 minutes until half

Comment

UNI up 31-21 to start the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Good Lord, what are we doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X