Hobo Hangout in Dykhouse Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Hangout in Dykhouse Center

Anyone planning to attend? I got the invite over the weekend. Open before the game and up until halftime. Complimentary beverages and food as well as other amenities. Welcome to watch the first half from the Dykhouse center. The YJC has a big tailgate planned but I am hoping to at least stop in and check it out. Varsitly level is a $1000 or more per year to the jackrabbit club.

This was from a preseason release:

Additional gameday hospitality opportunities will be available later in the season for Jackrabbit Club members at the Varsity level or higher in the Hobo Hangout, which will be located in the lower level of the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center. The Hobo Hangout will debut during the Oct. 25 Hobo Day game against Youngstown State.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Hobo Hangout in Dykhouse Center

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Anyone planning to attend? I got the invite over the weekend. Open before the game and up until halftime. Complimentary beverages and food as well as other amenities. Welcome to watch the first half from the Dykhouse center. The YJC has a big tailgate planned but I am hoping to at least stop in and check it out. Varsitly level is a $1000 or more per year to the jackrabbit club.

This was from a preseason release:

Additional gameday hospitality opportunities will be available later in the season for Jackrabbit Club members at the Varsity level or higher in the Hobo Hangout, which will be located in the lower level of the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center. The Hobo Hangout will debut during the Oct. 25 Hobo Day game against Youngstown State.
    Did you get it in an email? I'll have to go and look to see if I got one. I don't know if my donations go to the Jackrabbit Club as a whole since they are earmarked for specific projects. Does that matter? I never know these things.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Did you get it in an email? I'll have to go and look to see if I got one.
      No, letter of invitation. Arrived over the weekend while we were away for the pheasant opener. With the weather as nice as it is suppose to be Saturday and I don't see spending time indoors as too attractive. Will be much more likely to check it out in November.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I've just learned a little about how donations work...had questions myself (for some reason my Jackrabbit Club contributions appear under two different versions of my name).
        Donations to a facility, e.g. the SJAC, do not count as a Jackrabbit Club donation. When you purchased football season tickets, you paid a mandatory contribution to the Jackrabbit Club. That counts. Separate donations to the Jackrabbit Club count. ALL donations, whether to the Jackrabbit Club or the SJAC, for example, count toward points that are used to determine priority for season ticket purchases.

Comment

Way too nice to sit inside. Maybe the last 2 games we will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I've just learned a little about how donations work...had questions myself (for some reason my Jackrabbit Club contributions appear under two different versions of my name).
            Donations to a facility, e.g. the SJAC, do not count as a Jackrabbit Club donation. When you purchased football season tickets, you paid a mandatory contribution to the Jackrabbit Club. That counts. Separate donations to the Jackrabbit Club count. ALL donations, whether to the Jackrabbit Club or the SJAC, for example, count toward points that are used to determine priority for season ticket purchases.
            Exactly. I've found the best way to handle Jackrabbit Club donations is to pick the amount you want to give, divide by 12 and arrange for EFT monthly. Then you know what level you qualify for every year. I do the same with church offering, can always supplement giving any time. Helps with tax planning as well.

I fund our family academic scholarship and the Yankton Jackrabbit Club scholarship with semi-annual donations that vary from year to year. I give to other academic and athletic departments when asked. I renew season tickets completely separately from the rest. At the end of the year you get a nice statement summarizing all your giving.

I'm always stumping for the Jackrabbit Club. If you have the ability to support it do it at the highest level you are comfortable and enjoy the benefits. I'd love to be in the Difference Makers group but I just can't make it to any meetings so I don't want to fork over that cash. I get plenty of benefits from the Jackrabbit Club.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Thanks for the clarification. Since all my donations are scheduled for building projects, I guess I don't have anything going to the Jackrabbit Club other than necessary amounts for tickets. Guess I don't qualify to check out the Hobo Hangout then. It will be beautiful out and I'll be tailgating so no big deal.

Comment

Just to further clarify...donations to scholarships, donations to coaches funds (Difference Makers), donations to special projects (like T&F project to purchase equipment) counts...just not building projects. Just make your contribution to Jackrabbit Club and specify what the donation is for.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Thanks for the clarification. Since all my donations are scheduled for building projects, I guess I don't have anything going to the Jackrabbit Club other than necessary amounts for tickets. Guess I don't qualify to check out the Hobo Hangout then. It will be beautiful out and I'll be tailgating so no big deal.
                  When you purchased season tickets, you made a contribution to the Jackrabbit Club.

Comment

Got this email today:

Hobo Hangout

As we move into the heart of our Hobo Week festivities, we wanted to send a quick reminder about our new hospitality area in Coughlin Alumni Stadium—Hobo Hangout!

Hobo Hangout will be open to Jackrabbit Club members that made an annual fund contribution at the Varsity Level ($1,000-2,499) and higher for each home game for the remainder of the season. This new space will open one hour prior to kickoff and close at the end of halftime and feature complimentary appetizers, snacks and beverages.

The covered, outdoor patio at Hobo Hangout will also offer Jackrabbit Club members one of the best, and most unique, vantage points in Coughlin Alumni Stadium!

Members can best access Hobo Hangout from the east entrance to the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center (access is also available from the west end of the building). We ask that you please check-in at the registration table just inside the east entrance to receive your credential and a hand stamp, which combined with your game ticket, will allow you to access your seats once you leave Hobo Hangout.

Due to space restrictions, access is limited to Jackrabbit Club members that made an annual fund contribution at the Varsity level or higher only. Also, high-school aged children are not permitted to Hobo Hangout due to its proximity to coaches and boosters per NCAA regulations.

Hobo Hangout is just one of many new, value-added benefits we will be offering Jackrabbit Club members as a way to thank you for your generous annual support of SDSU student-athletes. Keep an eye out for a complete listing of Jackrabbit Club benefit upgrades sometime near the start of 2015.

If you have any questions about your membership, benefits or SDSU Athletics in general, please contact the Athletics Development office at 605-697-7475 or by email at jackrabbitclub@sdstate.edu.

Thank you for investing in lifelong champions through your Jackrabbit Club giving and we hope you enjoy the Hobo Hangout!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      Just to further clarify...donations to scholarships, donations to coaches funds (Difference Makers), donations to special projects (like T&F project to purchase equipment) counts...just not building projects. Just make your contribution to Jackrabbit Club and specify what the donation is for.
                      So, donations to the Locker Legend program and the SJAC do not count to the Jackrabbit Club in any fashion, but I do get priority points for them. That sound right?

Comment

Anyone check the hobo hangout out the last home game? Just wondered how big of a room it is. There could be quite a few people taking advantage of this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          Anyone check the hobo hangout out the last home game? Just wondered how big of a room it is. There could be quite a few people taking advantage of this Saturday.
                          Its not a huge room by any means and wasn't crowded last time. They have plenty of space upstairs for overflow and I don't think they will turn you away. Had a nacho bar with plenty of toppings and a huge selection of nice deserts for the Hobo Day game. Coke products and bottled water. Not the best view of the game but decent enough. I spent very little time in there, just enough to grab a soda and some grub. I'm thinking Saturday is a great day to spend a little more time in there. I will be overdressed however.

Comment

A good 4inchs where I live...packing all the ski gear I own and picking up some butterscotch schnapps and heading KU's tailgate! I can't wait to see some football in this stuff!! It's going to be awesome!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

On our way. Roads are fine south of S falls. Beautiful day for FB. No wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X