USD's Joe Glenn in over his head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD's Joe Glenn in over his head?

Dang alou...is he regretting his decision to coach the yotes? It sounds like he's in over his head down there! (it really is kind of funny).

http://www.argusleader.com/videos/sp...0/18/17527887/
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: USD's Joe Glenn in over his head?

That is one frustrated coach. Yikes!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I for one do not want to jump on. It is very frustrating to not get people to do what you want them too, and it does not matter if these people average six years old or if they average 60 years old. If there were a piano in the room, Joe would have sat down and done his rendition of Hail South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Dang alou...is he regretting his decision to coach the yotes? It sounds like he's in over his head down there! (it really is kind of funny).

Ouch. They might not fire him he might just quit!

Glenn probably shouldn't have said 'I don't know what to do.' Looking pretty rough down there and the Bison are coming to town.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Well...you have to admire his candor.......you almost feel for him.....almost......now they take on the Bizzzzzon.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

That's a broken man. Definitely emotionally invested in his job. I think I'll be rooting for him to get a big upset win next week.

Comment

I kinda like Joe , it's hard to try and resurrect the dead, to his credit he keeps trying.

Comment

When a coach says he has no answers but clearly shows he cares by the expressions on his face, it's pretty clear that these next few weeks will be make-or-break on whether he comes back, or not. Feel for the guy. Can't be an easy place to be in.

Comment

It would be interesting to get YFE input, but no doubt a one of frustration. I watched the first half of this game, and number 82 burned them on big plays. Somehow the pass defense is not improved and Terry Allen and staff picked up on this from the UNI game, that's my guess. He doesn't have Mike Breske as a D coordinator and probably wishes he did.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I am not a vengeful or spiteful person, but I swear if I had the ability to put you (Rowdy) in a life situation similar to what Joes going through, not only would I do it, but I would laugh at you for going through it. There's absolutely nothing funny about it. It's one thing to be rivals and hope your team kicks the $hit out of our team, but it's totally another to laugh at a truly good man when he is honestly lost at what to do. Your posts reflects the type of person you are, and you are a *****.

is Joe in over his head? You have got to be joking. He's won more national championships than almost any other coach in the game, including yours. I have been to every game this year, and Joe is right. We are getting worse. It has nothing to do with out coaching, or being out coached, they have a virus right now. I have a strong feeling on what it is, and I'm certainly not going to say what it is on a fan board, but I'm not sure it can be corrected.

I have watched your fan board come apart at the seams the past three weeks because of a pasting you took at Illinois a State. I came on this board defending your coach in front of some of the dumb a$$es that posted their ignorance of the game with analogies that made no sense. Stig is a great man. I don't like State, and probably never will because of what was ingrained in me years ago, but I respect a program anywhere when it is run by good people. The kind of people you'd want your kid to play for. But Coach Stig is a great guy with impeccable ethics, and Joe Glenn is just the same. They might go about it different ways, but if I had a son and it came down to two choices....Jacks or Yotes, I would sleep well at night.

I was at the game, and if you can imagine crap going wrong at the wrong time, it happened. It's totally unexplainable. Makes no sense, but it happens over and over. Then you have to stand in front of press when you are a truly convicted coach? W T F how would you react?

To to the many quality posters on here, congrats on your win. I predicted you'd win by 8, you won by 3...kudos to you. But to you Rowdy, demonstrate some class will you? Public board or not, show some humility.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      I am not a vengeful or spiteful person, but I swear if I had the ability to put you (Rowdy) in a life situation similar to what Joes going through, not only would I do it, but I would laugh at you for going through it. There's absolutely nothing funny about it. It's one thing to be rivals and hope your team kicks the $hit out of our team, but it's totally another to laugh at a truly good man when he is honestly lost at what to do. Your posts reflects the type of person you are, and you are a *****.

is Joe in over his head? You have got to be joking. He's won more national championships than almost any other coach in the game, including yours. I have been to every game this year, and Joe is right. We are getting worse. It has nothing to do with out coaching, or being out coached, they have a virus right now. I have a strong feeling on what it is, and I'm certainly not going to say what it is on a fan board, but I'm not sure it can be corrected.

I have watched your fan board come apart at the seams the past three weeks because of a pasting you took at Illinois a State. I came on this board defending your coach in front of some of the dumb a$$es that posted their ignorance of the game with analogies that made no sense. Stig is a great man. I don't like State, and probably never will because of what was ingrained in me years ago, but I respect a program anywhere when it is run by good people. The kind of people you'd want your kid to play for. But Coach Stig is a great guy with impeccable ethics, and Joe Glenn is just the same. They might go about it different ways, but if I had a son and it came down to two choices....Jacks or Yotes, I would sleep well at night.

I was at the game, and if you can imagine crap going wrong at the wrong time, it happened. It's totally unexplainable. Makes no sense, but it happens over and over. Then you have to stand in front of press when you are a truly convicted coach? W T F how would you react?

To to the many quality posters on here, congrats on your win. I predicted you'd win by 8, you won by 3...kudos to you. But to you Rowdy, demonstrate some class will you? Public board or not, show some humility.
                      Thanks YFE, I think you spoke well. I say give Joe a keyboard and strike up the Hail South Dakota song, no doubt better days are ahead. Can you imagine Coach Stig doing Ring the Bell? I cant. You got some thing on us in that sense.

Those big plays given up early in the game made it difficult for the Yotes to get back in the game. This game was almost as bad as the ISU-r game. Now that's one that will hurt for a long time.

Comment

Maybe the coyote players seeing this will help turn their season around. And no, its not funny at all. That is a man that truly loves his team and players almost brought to tears by the unexplainable lack of results their getting. I have no doubts the coyote players are giving 100 percent effort, but maybe seeing this passion he displayed will somehow help them give just a little more. I know I would rather see the coyotes be successful, makes it all that much more sweet when we beat them! I really do hope Coach Glenn gets things turned around down there, it would be an awful way to end a great coaching career.

Comment

It's been a while since I visited the USD board, but there is a thread four pages long asking for Coach Glenn to be dismissed. Not good. I read through some idle chatter that was not very constructive, but we get that here too, but not a special thread.

I do think that this is also Herbster's and Abbott's problem as well. What is not happening? They need to look at this question and try and find an answer.

Comment

USD is 3-16 in the Valley since Glenn has been there. I hope he continues to coach a long time.

Comment

No ones going to make winners out of those players, they're bad period.

Comment

Working...
                              X