Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD's Joe Glenn in over his head?

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    I am not a vengeful or spiteful person, but I swear if I had the ability to put you (Rowdy) in a life situation similar to what Joes going through, not only would I do it, but I would laugh at you for going through it. There's absolutely nothing funny about it. It's one thing to be rivals and hope your team kicks the $hit out of our team, but it's totally another to laugh at a truly good man when he is honestly lost at what to do. Your posts reflects the type of person you are, and you are a *****.

is Joe in over his head? You have got to be joking. He's won more national championships than almost any other coach in the game, including yours. I have been to every game this year, and Joe is right. We are getting worse. It has nothing to do with out coaching, or being out coached, they have a virus right now. I have a strong feeling on what it is, and I'm certainly not going to say what it is on a fan board, but I'm not sure it can be corrected.

I have watched your fan board come apart at the seams the past three weeks because of a pasting you took at Illinois a State. I came on this board defending your coach in front of some of the dumb a$$es that posted their ignorance of the game with analogies that made no sense. Stig is a great man. I don't like State, and probably never will because of what was ingrained in me years ago, but I respect a program anywhere when it is run by good people. The kind of people you'd want your kid to play for. But Coach Stig is a great guy with impeccable ethics, and Joe Glenn is just the same. They might go about it different ways, but if I had a son and it came down to two choices....Jacks or Yotes, I would sleep well at night.

I was at the game, and if you can imagine crap going wrong at the wrong time, it happened. It's totally unexplainable. Makes no sense, but it happens over and over. Then you have to stand in front of press when you are a truly convicted coach? W T F how would you react?

To to the many quality posters on here, congrats on your win. I predicted you'd win by 8, you won by 3...kudos to you. But to you Rowdy, demonstrate some class will you? Public board or not, show some humility.
    *Sigh*

Smack thread,my interweb candor has been lost in translation.

If I had posted this in a serious section of the board, you'd have a leg to stand on...however I didn't.

Was just stunned at the interview is all.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Ouch. They might not fire him he might just quit!

Glenn probably shouldn't have said 'I don't know what to do.' Looking pretty rough down there and the Bison are coming to town.
      Pretty sure nagy said that a few times for a couple years when we were stuck in single digit win totals. Usually coach speak says you have plently to work on.... When coaches say that I get the feeling they are at the bottom and only one way to go is up. I don't feel to bad considering how many yote fans thought they were going the be the new greatest team ever and we couldn't even be on the same field with them.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I stand with RR! He bleeds blue! C'mon folks it's a smack thread!

Besides, what am i going to do with all those "Keep Joe Glenn" T shirts i've ordered!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Besides, what am i going to do with all those "Keep Joe Glenn" T shirts i've ordered!

Go Jacks!!
          I know you are trying to make light of a sad situation. USD hand picks a successful alum to revive the program. The admin forgets to include resources and staff, and you have the results we see to the south today. I am grateful that having been on this board for many years, we have yet to have a "Fire Coach so and so" thread start and we all pile on. That's what is happening over on the USD board. Coach Glenn has always been a loyal to USD, but this loyality is being tested to the point that he just might quit as SDSU08ALUM has suggested. Is there program better without Glenn? I don't think so. A new guy with the same set of circumstances will be in the same boat three years down the road.

Comment

I got negative rep from Goon. That does it, my feelings are hurt.

Comment

Go Jacks!!
              I will admit I didn't see the smack thread, so I guess RR's post was ok in that sense. I apologize for that. That being said, no matter what thread it is, when you see a man of Joes character get brutalized, you're ready to fight. RR, I didn't see the smack. Posted in another thread, my reply sticks

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I know you are trying to make light of a sad situation. USD hand picks a successful alum to revive the program. The admin forgets to include resources and staff, and you have the results we see to the south today. I am grateful that having been on this board for many years, we have yet to have a "Fire Coach so and so" thread start and we all pile on. That's what is happening over on the USD board. Coach Glenn has always been a loyal to USD, but this loyality is being tested to the point that he just might quit as SDSU08ALUM has suggested. Is there program better without Glenn? I don't think so. A new guy with the same set of circumstances will be in the same boat three years down the road.
                This is part of why the fire Stig talk is so ludacris. The situation isn't all that different at SDSU, we were just fortunate enough to have some early success that enabled better recruiting as we've gone along. Time will tell if we can keep the ball rolling. Facilities have/are certainly improving, but we need to be able to pay staff enough to retain them for more than 3 seasons.

Recruiting at USD has got to be an uphill battle. UNI struggles should help, but part of me thinks they won't see success until they get a coach that goes heavy JUCO for a few seasons to get some success, then build off that. It only takes a few key pieces to go from the cellar to middle of the pack. From there, keep building.

I've got no beef or ill will toward Glenn. I've had similar career frustrations before, and I wasn't in the public eye. I can't imagine the stress. The most concerning thing is that he is such an up-beat guy, its pretty striking to see him so down. Keep your head up coach!
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  I got negative rep from Goon. That does it, my feelings are hurt.
                  Oh no!! The Goon is on a rampage

Comment

Go Jacks!!
                    The purpose of the smack board is simply lost on some people.

Anyway,i ordered my Joe Glenn T-shirt:

http://www.amazon.com/Personalize-Co.../dp/B00O6JI04E

Comment

Spent Saturday with friends whose son transferred from USD to UNL this year. Jackson walked on with USD last year primarily based on Joe. Their whole family loved him and were excited to see what he could do in Vermillion with changing the culture. Jackson gave up football because of several years of back troubles and football had to go.

That being said, Jackson and his dad commented on the culture there and the "bad boy" image that many players have. No doubt they've had some success with "bad boys" who have turned their life around and became Starrs. However, it has to be hard to build a program that has that much to overcome. I hope JG stays around long enough to make an impact. Bottom line: it sure is fun to pile some smack on the Yotes!

Comment

That is a good shirt, still not as good as my "Beat State Not Your Wife" shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                          That is a good shirt, still not as good as my "Beat State Not Your Wife" shirt.
                          Original. What's that from like 10 years ago?

Oh, by the way, how's last place?

Comment

10 or 11, yes. Still the best shirt I've ever seen.

Its not the best, but hey, at least it isn't Montana.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                              10 or 11, yes. Still the best shirt I've ever seen.

Its not the best, but hey, at least it isn't Montana.
                              Too bad for USD, the MVFC doesn't take T-shirts into consideration in the MVFC standings.

"Our team sucks to the point of driving our coach to tears, but we had an awesome t-shirt last century!"

Keep up the good work, pups.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I have to agree. Being in last place and having won one game on the road in forever and even having your coach in tears definitely isn't the same as State being a TOP TEAM in the MVFC early in its move to the FCS, being in the PLAYOFFS, and losing a close game to Montana, the BEST TEAM in the country at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X