Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-15 recruiting class

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    On paper it looks like the talent level continues to go up. I guess we will see in the next few years if that translates into more wins.
    What I like is that we are positioning ourselves to win a conference championship year after year. It wasn't long ago that we were just not viable to even compete for a conference win. Last year we were in the fight until the last match. This week's matchup against Wyoming and Air Force should be huge. Wyoming is the only conference team ranked in the top 25, yet there is no doubt that Bono has the guys believing they will win. We will be graduating our best class in the D1 era this year, but I seriously believe we will be better next year. Recruiting is the first key to building a strong program and Bono has done this exceptionally well.

Comment

Sanders and Sykora both repeat as Minnesota Class A champions with undefeated seasons. Sykora 73-0 and Sanders 77-2 over last two years.

Comment

Brett Bye, SD champion and undefeated.
        Kasey Klapprodt, SD runner-up. Lost to Regan Bye (future Cornhusker). Kasey suffered an injury early in first period.

Comment

Nice article from the Mankato Free Press on Sanders.
          http://www.mankatofreepress.com/spor....html?mode=jqm
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Cam Sykora has lofty goals. Sykora won his fifth state championship and knows that it will be fun to look back on when he is older and done as a competitive wrestler. However, he is now focused on not just winning one NCAA championship for the Jackrabbits, but four. Check out this quote from the StarTribune.

Border West senior Cameron Sykora became one of six wrestlers in state history to win five state titles, defeating LeSeur-Henderson senior Austin Anderly to finish the season 42-0. Rather than focusing on the rare accomplishment, Sykora is already shifting his attention to national tournaments.“When I’m older, it’ll be awesome,” Sykora said. “To come to the state tourney and see my name in the book with those [numbers], but I’m young right now. I want to win four NCAA titles [at South Dakota State] now. I want to focus on that.”

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
              Cam Sykora has lofty goals. Sykora won his fifth state championship and knows that it will be fun to look back on when he is older and done as a competitive wrestler. However, he is now focused on not just winning one NCAA championship for the Jackrabbits, but four. Check out this quote from the StarTribune.

Border West senior Cameron Sykora became one of six wrestlers in state history to win five state titles, defeating LeSeur-Henderson senior Austin Anderly to finish the season 42-0. Rather than focusing on the rare accomplishment, Sykora is already shifting his attention to national tournaments.“When I’m older, it’ll be awesome,” Sykora said. “To come to the state tourney and see my name in the book with those [numbers], but I’m young right now. I want to win four NCAA titles [at South Dakota State] now. I want to focus on that.”
              You've got to like that attitude, he's got a lot of work to do to accomplish that goal, I'm sure he'll do just what he say's he'll do if he can win his first NCAA title as a freshman to start it off.Will be fun to watch Jackrabbit wrestling next year.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...ings/24358987/

Comment

Working...
                X