Quarterback 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterback 2015

Who starts next year? I don't think it's automatically Zac. I believe Chris Little has a shot and what about Dalton Douglas. Why is he not dressing for games? Injured? I'm sure Taryn redshirts. What about the other QB's on roster? Fines will be senior. Maybe somebody transfers like this year.

Re: Quarterback 2015

Douglas is academically ineligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Interesting. I asked an alum about him about a month ago and where he was considering how highly touted he was. Can you practice during that time? Hopefully he gets it straightened out.

Considering how cerebral the QB position is you sure would like a smart kid back there. Although maybe it's just effort. Just speculation on my part.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        He is ineligible, but it isn't academic. I'm not sure of the exact details, but it has something to do with taking protein after workouts. I heard he took a protein with illegal substances. However, he is the quarterback on scout team offense, so he can practice.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Automatically Zach, however Little will definitely be in the running.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            He is ineligible, but it isn't academic. I'm not sure of the exact details, but it has something to do with taking protein after workouts. I heard he took a protein with illegal substances. However, he is the quarterback on scout team offense, so he can practice.
            Thank you for the correction. My mistake.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Most likely, with all his exposure to MVFC defenses, it will be Lujan.

But I expect Douglas and Little to be given an opportunity in camp.

Comment

Lujan will probably get the reps to start with first team guys and get the advantage rightfully so, but wouldnt be surprised to see Little maybe get the chance too. But what do I know.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  Most likely, with all his exposure to MVFC defenses, it will be Lujan.

But I expect Douglas and Little to be given an opportunity in camp.
                  I agree with this. So far, The Alaskan Assasin has proven he is pretty capable (got to cut down on int's though). Did he even participate in spring ball?
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    I agree with this. So far, The Alaskan Assasin has proven he is pretty capable (got to cut down on int's though). Did he even participate in spring ball?
                    No, Lujan was not here for spring ball. As a matter of fact, Sumner didn't participate in spring ball either, so we only had Douglas and Finnes at QB. Funny thing is, last spring was the first time in a long time that the offense beat the defense. Another reason I'm pretty high on Dalton Douglas if he can regain his eligibility.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

I know that Chris Little sustained a knee injury this weekend off the field. Someone stepped on him and his knee bent. He said that he could hear a pop. I'm not sure of the extent of the injury, but I know he is on crutches. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious. However, he told me after the game that he was really close to being put in the game against Missouri State, but coach Eidsness didn't want to pull his redshirt. If the injury isn't substantial, I would think Little has a good shot at the job. He has a much better arm than Lujan, and the deep ball will be more of a threat. I heard a story of Chris standing still, taking one step, and throwing a 60 yard bomb. This is a physical gift that Lujan just doesn't have, not to mention his athletic ability.
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Chris Little has a sprained MCL and ACL. He also had his knee cap out of place. His return to practice is estimated at two weeks. This is good news. Not as severe as I had thought.

Comment

It's a great problem to have. Lujan, Little are no doubt qualified to be QB. Then there is the recruit out SF who will likely red shirt next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X