2014 - 2015 Jackrabbit WBB season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 - 2015 Jackrabbit WBB season

They did a nice job on the radio. Hanson provided a lot more input than Jill did last year. About the freshmen, the radio guys made a big deal out of Thompson's overall game and Miller's defense.

AJ sounded happy in the post game. Mentioned that Stevens will be one of the best 3-point shooters this year and will play some at the 3-spot.

Comment

Re: 2014 - 2015 Jackrabbit WBB season

Score??
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        What's JJ doing now. Thought he filled in for tyler on the jackrabbit insider.
        I think JJ is working for the Sioux Falls Canaries now.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Something like 77 - 40.

Comment

Final: Jackrabbits take a big lead and hold it: SDSU 77, SD Mines 40

True Freshman Macie Miller, 11 pts
            True Freshman Ellie Thompson, 15 pts and 8 rebounds
            Soph Chynna Stevens, 12 pts, 10 rebounds

Nice

Comment

Listened to game on radio. good effort from young players. Looked at the stats on gojacks. Two things that need improvement. 61.1% free throws.
              15.4% 3pt shooting.

Comment

A quick observation about the leading scorer(Thompson) and the double-double by Stevens. They only logged about 15 minutes each.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  at the beginning of broadcast, Scottie was saying he, and color guy, Brad Hanson, will be doing these WBB broadcasts for the season.
                  This is a good thing. Best of luck to JJ. Scottie does a great job.

Good first game, shake off the cobwebs and get tuned up for regular season and the conference.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Lady Jacks looked good. But Tech did not...they seemed to miss alot of easy shots. alot. Of course the length of the rabbits had something to do with that.

Thompson has nice touch inside. Miller is definately more of a slasher than our previous pg's. Of course, that was expected. She did some nice things, and also missed some that she had that look like "that went in, in High School?" plays.

Megan and Keri Young weren't really as dominating as I'd hoped...but then again, this is the Jackrabbits, and we rarely have a single player dominate. Particularly when the opponent is outmanned at every position.

Stephensen looked good running the point. Chloe mostly played off guard, if I was seeing things correctly. Miller and Stephenson ran it.

The Length of our perimeter players (particularly) the 3 starters, is going to cause alot of problems for opponents. Young, Watashek, Miller... those are some long arms to throw the ball through/around. Should help our defense.

Comment

Accentuate the positive at this stage of the season, work on the negatives. The number one game of the regular season will give a much better idea on how good the team is.

I'd grade good game for Thompson, Stevens, Ober, Stuart. Fair game for Miller, Waytashek, Clarin. So many factors enter into these early exhibition games, so you can't really put too much into evaluating performances yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        at the beginning of broadcast, Scottie was saying he, and color guy, Brad Hanson, will be doing these WBB broadcasts for the season.
                        Minor correction. Scottie and Brad Peterson will be calling the games this year.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

BYU loses in their exhibition game against Westminster? Westminster is ranked #4 in the NAIA preseason poll.

http://byucougars.com/w-basketball/t...ss-westminster

http://westminstergriffins.com/news/...101143114.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            BYU loses in their exhibition game against Westminster? Westminster is ranked #4 in the NAIA preseason poll.

http://byucougars.com/w-basketball/t...ss-westminster

http://westminstergriffins.com/news/...101143114.aspx
                            They (Westminster) gave them (BYU) a good game last year too ,lost 72-60. Judkins will use it as motivation
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-02-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Stephensen looked good running the point. Chloe mostly played off guard, if I was seeing things correctly. Miller and Stephenson ran it.
                              Assume you meant Alexis Alexander, our freshman point guard. She is fast, aggressive and from what I have heard from the coaches, much more of a shooter/scorer than we have recently had. She looked pretty good on defense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                Assume you meant Alexis Alexander, our freshman point guard. She is fast, aggressive and from what I have heard from the coaches, much more of a shooter/scorer than we have recently had. She looked pretty good on defense as well.
                                Yes, Alexander! Not sure why I had "Stephenson" on the brain. Duh.

Anyway, she looked pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X