10/18/2014 VS UNI Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/18/2014 VS UNI Panthers

All right. Time to move the focus to UNI.

They have a number of talented individuals and a stout defense.

We haven't won there in forever. Since DII days, I believe.

Going to need much better production out of the offensive line (can't have linemen on their backs in the backfield and holding all game).

Need some dudes to miraculously heal before Saturday too. Getting thin at a few positions, DL, OL, and Safety come to mind.

I can't say I'm optimistic, but cautiously hoping for an error free ball game to keep us in it and maybe steal one late in Cedar Falls.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Re: 10/18/2014 VS UNI Panthers

Also get some sticky or tacky stuff on the shoes for that dome. Not sure why but watching road games there we always look like we are having a hard time making cuts or staying on our feet. Never notice it really at other venues, but at the UNI dome we look like we are running on banana peels or something.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'd say, in order to win this game, we'll have to play more like we did the last 2 quarters as opposed to the previous 6.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        I'd say, in order to win this game, we'll have to play more like we did the last 2 quarters as opposed to the previous 6.

Way to go out on a limb there. Kidding of course.

Hopefully something clicked and they can pull off a win at UNI this weekend.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

They will be keying on David Johnson who has given us fits in the past. No doubt we need a 60 minute effort that is second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Way to go out on a limb there. Kidding of course.

Hopefully something clicked and they can pull off a win at UNI this weekend.
            What can I say? I have a knack for providing John Madden-esque insight.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

What can I say? I have a knack for providing John Madden-esque insight.
              I feel the same way, as long as we score more points in 4 qtrs then UNI I feel pretty good we can win the game then.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Probably should give a shout out to Chase Kern in his first real meaningful action of his career. He made some nice plays. Defensive line was firing off the ball and playing upfield more than they have all season it seemed (in second half, for sure).

Also, Trey Carr continues to quietly play lights out. He's a lot of fun to watch.

Sucks to lose Soulek. We can't take any more attrition on the defensive front and hope to compete for the remainder of the Valley schedule.

UNI is somewhat of a weird animal on offense this year, but their defense is not one to mess around. We are going to have to have the best play out of our offensive line for the season to win this one.

Comment

Looks like we are already using the SJAC, it would make sense to get some practice done indoors this week with artificial noise in preparation for the UNIDome...https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/521838339985387520

Comment

From panthernation.com, it looks like UNI will continue to use 2 QBs. Also, looks like LeMaster, a starting receiver, and Dorleant, a starting corner, are questionable for UNI.

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college...3f8b6cacb.html

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      From panthernation.com, it looks like UNI will continue to use 2 QBs. Also, looks like LeMaster, a starting receiver, and Dorleant, a starting corner, are questionable for UNI.

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college...3f8b6cacb.html
                      Also thought I read somewhere UNI starting Middle LB will out the 1st half for a targeting hit he had against USD.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Also thought I read somewhere UNI starting Middle LB will out the 1st half for a targeting hit he had against USD.
                        Stig made both these points last night. They use 2 QBs that are polar opposites and the MLB would be out for the 1st half for a targeting flag last week.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Tough place to win in that ugly Dome. Do they still have that rock hard carpet on the field? I think it is my least favorite place to visit in the Conference for the city and amenities, even with it being close travel wise.

Comment

I hate playing this team. Especially there. This has never been pleasant.

Hopefully the team can find a way.

Comment

No wind in the Dome, hope our kicking game improves a lot, we'll need that help for us to have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X