More Playoff Teams for the Valley..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Playoff Teams for the Valley..?

Read an interesting article, we'll see how it all pans out at the end of the regular season.

Link : http://www.news-leader.com/story/spo...ppen/16890379/

Re: More Playoff Teams for the Valley..?

Here is a link that shows our leagues dominance. We have eight teams in the top fifteen. Also, look at he league ratings; we are leaps and bounds above everyone else.

http://www.valley-football.org/news/...pi---a-record/
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Okay - Since MVFC has such a high GPI, and they will not be playing anybody but themselves for the rest of the season, is there ANY WAY, using the GPI formula, for the MVFC not end up with 8 schools in the top 25? Based on my knowledge of statistics (hydrologist by trade), I believe the answer is no. MMiller- your formula pretty closely matches GPI, how could say 3 teams slip out of top 25 after having 8 of top 15 at the 1/2 point in the season? I don't think it's possible.

MVFC is the FCS's version of the SEC this season.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Okay - Since MVFC has such a high GPI, and they will not be playing anybody but themselves for the rest of the season, is there ANY WAY, using the GPI formula, for the MVFC not end up with 8 schools in the top 25? Based on my knowledge of statistics (hydrologist by trade), I believe the answer is no. MMiller- your formula pretty closely matches GPI, how could say 3 teams slip out of top 25 after having 8 of top 15 at the 1/2 point in the season? I don't think it's possible.

MVFC is the FCS's version of the SEC this season.

Actually the 8 teams are in the top 15 of the GPI! No. 14) SDSU and 15) MSU. "How do you like them apples Charlie!"

Comment

I for one am perfectly okay with the NCAA D-I FCS championship tournament being re-titled the MVFC Invitational.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Another interesting article. In The FCS Huddle: MVFC Must Be Rewarded

Link: http://athlonsports.com/college-foot...st-be-rewarded

Comment

Athlon Sports currently projects 5 Valley teams in the playoffs with Indiana State on the bubble as the #6 MVFC team.

Comment

I'm afraid the MVFC teams are going to collectively fall in the rankings the rest of the season. Simply because we will all be beating up on each other. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I still feel like we should get 5 or more teams in though.

Comment

I think NDSU, ISUR, SIU and then either SDSU or UNI make it.

Your game this weekend is really big.

Comment

ISU(b) should be in the conversation also. We'll have a better sense after this weekend in Fargo.

Comment

I think ISUB blowing their game with ISUR is going to come back to haunt them.

My prediction is they get routed this weekend in the dome. Not a good match up, they struggle with running the ball and throwing 40+ times against NDSU's DL is a bad idea. Whoever plays QB for them is going to take some hits.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        I think NDSU, ISUR, SIU and then either SDSU or UNI make it.

Your game this weekend is really big.
                        I think your right. ISU(b) will likely get drubbed this weekend. Jacks need to beat UNI to be considered a serious contender. History does not favor that especially with a freshman QB in the UNIdome.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

At this point, any MVFC team that has 7 D-I wins at the end of the regular season will be in. The OOC of 23-1 in the FCS games will dictate that if eligible that they make it.

NDSU - If they go at least 4-4 in MVFC action, they're in as defending 3-peat champ and the best FBS win over Ia St.
                          ISU-R - only 11 games. No FBS or D-II (lesser games). 7-4, but with W's over SDSU and ISU (b) - Should be in. DON'T Play NDSU this year.
                          UNI - That loss at ISU-B, and two FBS losses leaves Panthers needing to go 6-2 in MVFC play to keep their play-off, non-auto bid dreams alive.
                          SDSU - The D-III game hurts chances to get to 7 D-I wins. Jacks need to 5-3 or better to be in the play-offs.
                          YSU - Weakest of the OOC games. Losing at home to WIU could be the game that keeps 'Guins home. Need to go 5-3 in MVFC play. IIRC, they miss USD this year.
                          ISU-B - The Sycs are the surprise of the season. They can go 4-4 in MVFC action, and already have wins against a FBS and prime competitor (Liberty) for an at-large.
                          MoSt - need to get to 4-4 or better to have 7 wins. Their wins over OOC higher finishers, UCA and NW ST (LA) should get them in if win half or better.
                          SIU - Same situation as SDSU. Opened with NAIA team. Need to be 5-3 or better.
                          WIU - 2 FBS losses, 2 losses in MVFC action, and two Pioneer team wins. They cannot afford any more losses. They are the only team that could have 7 D-I wins in the MVFC and get left home. But that means a lot of top 25 wins from here out.
                          USD - Another lower level game team, like SDSU & SIU. Have 1 "good" FCS OOC win, and two OOC losses. Like Jacks, need to be no worse than 5-3 in MVFC action to be considered.

Comment

Working...
                          X