Hobo Day 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2014

24 hours from now I will be tailgating on a beautiful fall day. Cannot wait. Jacks by 2 scores at least. I have a feeling we run them out of CAS like the last time they came to town.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      A good laugh if you don't take it serious. It is also complimentary.
      http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/oct/2...aze/?newswatch
      Good find! That is actually pretty funny that some of them are wide eyed about coming to Brookings! haha. The students that line the visiting sideline fence I have noticed are pretty hilarious this year. Nothing too crazy, but they are toeing the line. Against Missouri State one of there players squirted a water bottle at a group of them. Funny times and good memories for the students!
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Hilarious and it looks like they've already psyched themselves into another loss.. Hope so.

Will point out that the average October high in Brookings is 58 and the average October high in Youngstown is 61...

Comment

Same dude last time they came to SDSU that said it smelled like cow ****. Has he ever actually smelled cow ****, because it doesn't smell like cow **** at CAS. What a goof. Maybe the press box has some unsavory smell up there or something.

Seems that CAS, the grass field, and the student section are in the heads of the YSU players already. Hilarious.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Actually, as someone who's now lived away for 35 years, it's dead on, except that it's pig rather than cow. Hog unit is the closest to the nw. Haven't been to the rest of the MVFC stadiums except for the other ex-NCC schools (that DOES include UNI). USD is the only other one on the edge of town, and fields to the north. But the other 3 are domes, so not an issue.

Jacks will miss the natural grass advantage. However, I like that Jacks are keeping the weather in play. Leads to arguably smaller crowds, but it gives the football team a great home field advantage, and takes away any other venues weather "advantage. Yes, Jacks laid an (eagle) egg at EWU last season, but it wasn't the weather that did them in.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Same dude last time they came to SDSU that said it smelled like cow ****. Has he ever actually smelled cow ****, because it doesn't smell like cow **** at CAS. What a goof. Maybe the press box has some unsavory smell up there or something.

Seems that CAS, the grass field, and the student section are in the heads of the YSU players already. Hilarious.

Gotta love the chutzpah of a guy from Youngstown looking down on any place. Also gotta love the idea that CAS is seen as an exotic throwback and gets in players and coaches heads like this. The idea that natural grass would be seen as something strange is a commentary on the synthetic, corporate nature of college football. It's one reason why I hoped that the new stadium would keep grass, but alas, it isn't. Hope the new stadium develops its own special character...

Sent the author an email pointing out that the average October high in Brookings is 58, and 61 in beautiful Youngstown, and that it is the Youngstown team that is the Penguins. 45-21 Jacks and let's hope it's not that close. If this story went viral to the SDSU student body it'd probably ramp up the comments even more.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Gotta love the chutzpah of a guy from Youngstown looking down on any place. Also gotta love the idea that CAS is seen as an exotic throwback and gets in players and coaches heads like this. The idea that natural grass would be seen as something strange is a commentary on the synthetic, corporate nature of college football. It's one reason why I hoped that the new stadium would keep grass, but alas, it isn't. Hope the new stadium develops its own special character...

Sent the author an email pointing out that the average October high in Brookings is 58, and 61 in beautiful Youngstown, and that it is the Youngstown team that is the Penguins. 45-21 Jacks and let's hope it's not that close. If this story went viral to the SDSU student body it'd probably ramp up the comments even more.
                felt the same way about the grass. will be sad to see it go.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  felt the same way about the grass. will be sad to see it go.
                  I'm so sick of them complaining about having to play on grass. Good lord, everyone that comes here has to play on it and no one complains this much. Brookings didn't play there last night or the week before so the last game played on it was Missouri State, the field is going to be in excellent condition.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    I'm so sick of them complaining about having to play on grass. Good lord, everyone that comes here has to play on it and no one complains this much. Brookings didn't play there last night or the week before so the last game played on it was Missouri State, the field is going to be in excellent condition.
                    Apparently its a big deal to this team. hopefully they hate it so much the struggle big time again. Thought the article was a little strange talking about how its such a different place to play. It is more intimate and that might be hard for them to adjust too. well they will probably like the new stadium then. fans further from the field, turf etc.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Don't let Scalzo get to you. He had the nerve to post on his twitter a few weeks back when covering a local HS football game between Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (Lebron) vs. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney (Stoops and Pelini Families), two Catholic schools, that a bunch of players actually look Baptist. Yes, he is insinuating the fact that there are quite a few blacks on each squad. What on earth does that have ANYTHING to do with the game?

The guy ripped also ripped on Zach Bader of Oakland University last year, who set the NCAA record for most 3-pointers in history, calling him soft and overrated. Oakland fans ripped all over him for that.

The guy lacks a sense of reality. He lives in his own little world and thinks his writing skills are "clever." He also loves taking shots at Wolford and the YSU athletic department at any given opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
                        Don't let Scalzo get to you. He had the nerve to post on his twitter a few weeks back when covering a local HS football game between Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (Lebron) vs. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney (Stoops and Pelini Families), two Catholic schools, that a bunch of players actually look Baptist. Yes, he is insinuating the fact that there are quite a few blacks on each squad. What on earth does that have ANYTHING to do with the game?

The guy ripped also ripped on Zach Bader of Oakland University last year, who set the NCAA record for most 3-pointers in history, calling him soft and overrated. Oakland fans ripped all over him for that.

The guy lacks a sense of reality. He lives in his own little world and thinks his writing skills are "clever." He also loves taking shots at Wolford and the YSU athletic department at any given opportunity.
                        It would be interesting to know what our students are saying that is so offensive. To question quotas of blacks is really out of order . BTW what are the ethnic orgins for a name like Scalzo? I would not be surprised to find out its Norwegian.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post

There is a guy like that for the argus leader in SF here who does similar. Just likes to stir the pot and thinks he is clever and witty but doesnt come across that way.

By the way Is Zach Bader, is that Travis's brother?

Comment

There is a guy like that for the argus leader in SF here who does similar. Just likes to stir the pot and thinks he is clever and witty but doesnt come across that way.

By the way Is Zach Bader, is that Travis's brother?
                            I think he meant Travis. I did a google and he only has sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I think he meant Travis. I did a google and he only has sisters.
                              I forgot to add the smiley face.

Comment

I forgot to add the smiley face.
                                I took you serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X