Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Day 2014

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I posted this awhile back. Putting "noise" on the scoreboard is NOT prohibited.

MVFC rule: http://www.mvc.org/manual/football.pdf

Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers shall not be permitted to be brought
    into or used in Valley football stadiums. Member institutions shall not
    distribute or sell any item(s) that may be used as artificial noisemakers.
    The intent of the rule is to prohibit activities that disrupt play or create
    unfair advantage. Thunder sticks, cow bells and horns fall into those
    categories. Non-prohibited activities include the following:
    (1) Putting “make noise” on the video board
    (2) Shaking keys on kick offs
    (3) Drum cadence prior to and during a kickoff that is non-disruptive.
    Yep, that was it. Thanks - I stand corrected. Reading comprehension fail by TK.

Comment

The NDSU announcer basically leads the cheering for the fans in the dome. You would think this is against the rules. If the fans and cheerleaders can't figure out when to cheer then educate them. The NDSU announcer should announce the game and forget all the Bisons cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
        The NDSU announcer basically leads the cheering for the fans in the dome. You would think this is against the rules. If the fans and cheerleaders can't figure out when to cheer then educate them. The NDSU announcer should announce the game and forget all the Bisons cheers.

Ummm...ok....
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

http://www.respectthebell.com/background.php
          We...ARE...STATE!
          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            I posted this awhile back. Putting "noise" on the scoreboard is NOT prohibited.

MVFC rule: http://www.mvc.org/manual/football.pdf

Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers shall not be permitted to be brought
            into or used in Valley football stadiums. Member institutions shall not
            distribute or sell any item(s) that may be used as artificial noisemakers.
            The intent of the rule is to prohibit activities that disrupt play or create
            unfair advantage. Thunder sticks, cow bells and horns fall into those
            categories. Non-prohibited activities include the following:
            (1) Putting “make noise” on the video board
            (2) Shaking keys on kick offs
            (3) Drum cadence prior to and during a kickoff that is non-disruptive.

I thought it it was an NCAA rule SDSU was following not a conference rule. Makes sense now.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              Ummm...ok....

Your announcer is a douche bag. It's not the NFL. It's ridiculous the amount of cheering he does.

I know other NDSU fans who even agree on that.
              Last edited by KUlawJack; 11-04-2014, 07:14 AM.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                It's not the NFL.
                Or a Miami Heat game.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Your announcer is a douche bag. It's not the NFL. It's ridiculous the amount of cheering he does.

I know other NDSU fans who even agree on that.
                  AND THAT'S ANOTHER BISON FIRST DOWN That one gives me a real pain in the gonads. Especially when the D line is one to two yards from the LOS.

Comment

I had to miss the Hobo Day game due to an out-of-state family funeral (first time I can remember missing HD game in 43 years), and have been away from the board for awhile. So glad that the correct rule (a MVFC rule) was quoted...since it is a conference ban, not an NCAA ban on cowbells and similar noise makers. I join all those who wish we could get that changed. #missmycowbellbigtime

Comment

Working...
                    X