Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2014

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
    Don't let Scalzo get to you. He had the nerve to post on his twitter a few weeks back when covering a local HS football game between Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (Lebron) vs. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney (Stoops and Pelini Families), two Catholic schools, that a bunch of players actually look Baptist. Yes, he is insinuating the fact that there are quite a few blacks on each squad. What on earth does that have ANYTHING to do with the game?

The guy ripped also ripped on Zach Bader of Oakland University last year, who set the NCAA record for most 3-pointers in history, calling him soft and overrated. Oakland fans ripped all over him for that.

The guy lacks a sense of reality. He lives in his own little world and thinks his writing skills are "clever." He also loves taking shots at Wolford and the YSU athletic department at any given opportunity.
    Thanks, he's not gotten to us. Native South Dakotans are used to placism - comes with the territory, literally. It would be interesting to get your perspective on this, though: Is your team really this gooned out (sorry Goon) by the atmosphere that they are willing to talk about it to a guy like this? Grass is really that strange and intimidating?

I also find it kind of a hoot that he comments on the weather when, if memory serves me right, it was cold and snowy when the teams played in your house last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Thanks, he's not gotten to us. Native South Dakotans are used to placism - comes with the territory, literally. It would be interesting to get your perspective on this, though: Is your team really this gooned out (sorry Goon) by the atmosphere that they are willing to talk about it to a guy like this? Grass is really that strange and intimidating?

I also find it kind of a hoot that he comments on the weather when, if memory serves me right, it was cold and snowy when the teams played in your house last year.
      no worries.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is an excellent brewery and be sure if you get a flight sample get the ghost pepper beer... Really unique.
        Sounds like it's be good with a bloody in the morning.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm dying at work right now, one, its been a long week waiting for this weekend to come and its only a couple hours until I leave for Brookings, and two, I work at a golf course and I would much rather be out golfing on a beautiful day like this rather than working. Im ready to be belly up at Cubbys NOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
            I'm dying at work right now, one, its been a long week waiting for this weekend to come and its only a couple hours until I leave for Brookings, and two, I work at a golf course and I would much rather be out golfing on a beautiful day like this rather than working. Im ready to be belly up at Cubbys NOW!!
            I got in a round of 9 on the 22nd in sioux falls, it was a bit breezy but temp was nice at 9am. missed my birdie putts but settled for 2 pars. I was just thinking that its so nice out its horrible to have to spend it inside on a day like today.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I got in a round of 9 on the 22nd in sioux falls, it was a bit breezy but temp was nice at 9am. missed my birdie putts but settled for 2 pars. I was just thinking that its so nice out its horrible to have to spend it inside on a day like today.

I got 18 in last night. Couldn't have better golfing weather in October, or June for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                I got 18 in last night. Couldn't have better golfing weather in October, or June for that matter.
                I only had time for 9 and enjoyed it. With working 2 jobs and 2 kids i dont get out nearly as much as I would like, if i get out a couple times a year that good for me now. today would be a good time for 18 for sure. If tomorrow is anything like today we are in for a treat for the parade and game. can't wait #bartscott

Comment

Brookings bound!! Most likely my last post for a couple days since I anticipate I most likely will not be able to comprehend much of the talk on the message boards for the next 36-48 hours. Hope the Jacks can get a big win against the flightless birds tomorrow.

Jacks - 31
                  Snowbirds - 21

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    Same dude last time they came to SDSU that said it smelled like cow ****. Has he ever actually smelled cow ****, because it doesn't smell like cow **** at CAS. What a goof. Maybe the press box has some unsavory smell up there or something.
                    I think Stu was at that game.......
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

• Re: Hobo Day 2014

RE; The pepper beer. You're right, it's a spicy challenge, but one worth trying in one of their short-glass flights. They have a really nice tomato mix that they offer to make it a red beer. That was very, very good together, and reminded me of the old red beer days at Hort's. You whippersnappers will never know. Most of us old fogeys can't remember, except maybe JackJD.
                      Cried for a week when the old Horts closed.

Comment

i wanna be a hobo

Comment

Originally posted by TrillBaylorFan View Post
                          i wanna be a hobo
                          We have a new program patterned after a federal program in which you can donate $500,000 and get a blue card which confers honorary hobo status.*

*weak attempt at SD political humor...you probably have to be here for that.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            We have a new program patterned after a federal program in which you can donate $500,000 and get a blue card which confers honorary hobo status.*

*weak attempt at SD political humor...you probably have to be here for that.
                            This is good.

Comment

Gotta love the chutzpah of a guy from Youngstown looking down on any place.
                              Right? Y-Town is where old mafioso and dreams go to die. Even Cleveland looks down upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                It would be interesting to know what our students are saying that is so offensive. To question quotas of blacks is really out of order . BTW what are the ethnic orgins for a name like Scalzo? I would not be surprised to find out its Norwegian.
                                Scalzo is an Italian Surname.

Comment

Working...
                                X