Hobo Day 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Day 2014

The team was flat all game. Team acted like it was no big deal playing YSU. That is the coaches issue to get the team ready . You score 27 points, you should win majority of your games. Defense was horrible again today. No sacks knockdowns, hurries or turnovers. CBs, LBs played poorly with missed tackles. Offense needs to score TDs in first half and not FGs. Play calling in red zone was generic settling for FGs. No TE action today. No Fb plays ( did u see their FB on the wheel route for the TD). Guess we don't need the FB in the offensive scheme. What a waste of a position this year changing to a FB but then the TE are not having a good year either. Do we ever run a sweep or reverse to keep their D covering the outside, answer is no. What about Stigs playing each play like it's your last and the 1-0 act. Players need to play this game and not wait till next week as next week is too late when u lose a game u should win.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Was he in pistol or shotgun formation? If we were going to run it which seemed obvious why not get under center.
      If I remember correctly, Lujan was under center.

I didn't like the call to go for it...thought we should've taken the 3 points, but at the same time, I understood the call to go for it...Hobo Day, driving, getting close the red zone....tell the guys to go out there and get a yard...

What bothers me more, is that on each of the first two possesions, when we kicked FG's we didn't even try to go to Weineke in the endzone.

After that loss, I almost feel as if last weeks win at UNI was all for naught.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Pretty good game, overall. No turnovers. Few penalties (should have been a couple more flags). Having Jason Schnieder available definitely would have helped the offense. Injuries and inexperience on the O-line and D-line are taking a toll. The Jacks have lost their traditional advantage at the line of scrimmage.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
          30-27 YSU, final.

Both lines got rocked all game long.
          This^^^. Play calling doesn't matter when you are getting pushed around up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Playoffs are probably out of reach, unless the Jacks can pull off a shocker next week in Fargo. A winning season reamains a reachable goal. There's a lot of talent on this team to build on for next year and beyond.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Playoffs are probably out of reach, unless the Jacks can pull off a shocker next week in Fargo. A winning season reamains a reachable goal. There's a lot of talent on this team to build on for next year and beyond.
              I don't think this is true. We lose to NDSU next weekend we have 3 losses in conference. We then HAVE to beat ISU-B at their place and win out at home and we're 5-3 in conference 8-4 overall. I think we would be the 4th MVFC team in with NDSU, ISU-R, YSU.
              We just can't keep having injuries and need some of these guys to get healthy. Watching Sumner barely be able to walk without a significant limp tells me he's way off.
              Offense didn't lose this game by any stretch...defense has to take this one. And for as many fans we're there....get off your asses and make some damn noise. It was weak.
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                I don't think this is true. We lose to NDSU next weekend we have 3 losses in conference. We then HAVE to beat ISU-B at their place and win out at home and we're 5-3 in conference 8-4 overall. I think we would be the 4th MVFC team in with NDSU, ISU-R, YSU.
                We just can't keep having injuries and need some of these guys to get healthy. Watching Sumner barely be able to walk without a significant limp tells me he's way off.
                Offense didn't lose this game by any stretch...defense has to take this one. And for as many fans we're there....get off your asses and make some damn noise. It was weak.
                You gotta remember though that we would only have 7 wins in the eyes of the selection committee, and my gut feeling based off of past precedence is that they wouldn't put in a 7 win MVFC team no matter the conference record.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  And for as many fans we're there....get off your asses and make some damn noise. It was weak.
                  Yeah were we at a football game with what ever attendance was 15kish or was in an old timey tennis match. Lack of stops on big plays on D didn't help but 2nd half was strangely quiet.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                    You gotta remember though that we would only have 7 wins in the eyes of the selection committee, and my gut feeling based off of past precedence is that they wouldn't put in a 7 win MVFC team no matter the conference record.
                    MVFC is getting 4 in this year given it's OCC record. iMO as long as we fall into 4th place in the Valley, we're in. Sucks what could've been this year without all the injuries. Just one of those years, but we still have a chance even with an L up north.
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Was he in pistol or shotgun formation? If we were going to run it which seemed obvious why not get under center.
                      Under center I believe. I liked the last 2 years when in short goaline they'd put Cam Jones under center. For crying out loud at the point where you need a yard send in Langer at fullback. He played that in HS very well. If he can't get it or give Zenner a slice of daylight we don't desrve it. Both lines got owned today and to me that's as much scheme and coaching as it is players. The talent is there, save a good speed rusher off the edge. I like Bobbit but he's becoming a liability, poor angles and tackling. I'm all for the Hassell kid getting out there sooner rather than later. Add Carr to that list too. Those guys need to be put on the field and left there. There is considerable talent on this team, it's frustrating to see it get underutilized. Also while nice to see Lujan without an INT, why can he not throw a spiral? 2 weeks in a row he's had perfect conditions weather wise for throwing the ball. Constantly looks like a wobbly punt. Oh and get rid of it, took too many sacks. Eidsness needs to put him in better situations.

Sorry about the rants, just very very upset. It's great to play in this league because you know everyone's so good. USD would be a top 3 team in any other conference. SELA and EWU losing helps some but if the valley doesn't get 5 in there is a hose job of epic proportions.

Comment

All I have is that the defense needs to play two complete halves like the second half. Seems every game they have to light a fire at half time. Offense played pretty well, Schneider being out was a huge game changer IMO. I agree with the call on 4th and 1 and I think everyone in the stands did too. How is it the refs finally discovered they had yellow flags in their pockets on that last drive? It was a good game. I don't think there is too much to gripe about in the end. I think the crowd got into it, but years of going to Hobo Day games have taught me one thing, after halftime the people are a little slower, the day catches up with them and everybody is kind of quiet for a while(i.e. the booze wears off little, got up early, up late the night before) Need to go 1-0 next week....
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                          2010 we made it in with a 7-4 record, only this is we had Kansas win on the resume, based on ooc performance from the MVFC this year a 7 win team will be on the bubble
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Based on the performance of both lines yesterday there is no reason to think this team is in the hunt for a national title. Far from it when you factor in the loss of an All American QB and your backup is new to the team. Making the playoffs for the sake of saying you made the playoffs means little to me. Others will disagree, okay. A loss is a loss and where this program is right now it seems acceptable to most Jackrabbit fans. There is your problem.

I think AD Sell has some serious thinking to do about where SDSU is headed with its FB program. Things aren't a lot different than they were in the D2 days. Sure, we made the playoffs in an expanded field where 20 plus teams get in. That's an accomplishment. NDSU still dominates, the Jacks are still not a contender.

Things could be worse, way worse. If the belief is that the current staff will get to the next level, great, let's do it. If the philosophy is "okay is good enough" I'm not sure I want to see that.

Appears to me the Jacks don't have the horses needed on the field to get it done every week at this level. Perhaps I'm way off.

Stig said it the way I saw it. He recognizes it, he is charged with making it better. How do you define that? A win in Fargo next week and a 4-0 finish to the season.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              The talent is there, save a good speed rusher off the edge. I like Bobbit but he's becoming a liability, poor angles and tackling. I'm all for the Hassell kid getting out there sooner rather than later. Add Carr to that list too. Those guys need to be put on the field and left there. There is considerable talent on this team, it's frustrating to see it get underutilized. Also while nice to see Lujan without an INT, why can he not throw a spiral? 2 weeks in a row he's had perfect conditions weather wise for throwing the ball. Constantly looks like a wobbly punt.
                              I think it was Jackmd who said after the Missouri game that this team would miss Austin. The difference between Austin and Zach has become blatantly obvious to me the last 3 weeks (I've been able to see all three games). Any big play that SDSU has had down the field involved the receiver stopping and making a more athletic play than the defensive back. Nothing past 15 yards hits a receiver in stride and the ball wobbles terribly. I had heard that Zach practiced with gloves with some success but I haven't seen him wearing them on the field. Austin needs to come back sharp or the playoffs will be in jeopardy.

I think it is hard for fans to know why a guy isn't seeing the field, all we see them is in small spurts for 3 hours a week. There is no telling what is going on the other 165 hours.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Lujan doesn't have the arm strength to be our main offensive option. Loss of Sumner was HUGE he crushed YSU the last 2 years. You could sense the apprehension from coaches and players inside the redzone in the first half. Played not to screw up instead of taking a shot. Totally understandable given the untimely picks the last few weeks. Unfortunately, YSU was bigger, stronger and faster. Jacks needed to be on top early and that didn't happen. Tough loss when headed into Fargo. Let's see how this plays out. Will really SUCK if the last 2 home games mean nothing. That's what they'll mean if we don't win at least 1 of these road games.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X