• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Day 2014

30-27 YSU, final.

Both lines got rocked all game long.

Comment

Line play was the difference in this game vs last.
      I can't wait to see Weineke when Austin is back. Past 15 yards no receiver catches a ball in stride.
      Thought the call to go for it on 4th was right. Would like to see a play called where there appeared to be more options.
      this win would have been huge for playoffs. Nothing is easy any more.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Well the decals and uni's looked good.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          Nothing is easy any more.
          No kidding, especially when I think about our O-line in the Fargo dome next week. The backup QB better be ready - maybe the third stringer too.

Comment

[QUOTE=EQguy;259448]Line play was the difference in this game vs last.
            I can't wait to see Weineke when Austin is back. Past 15 yards no receiver catches a ball in stride.
            Thought the call to go for it on 4th was right. Would like to see a play called where there appeared to be more options.
            this win would have been huge for playoffs. Nothing is easy any more.[/QUOT

I agree with going for it on 4th down also. The way the first half went, FGs werent going to win it. As it turned out, it would have

Comment

Stig: "This one's on me."

He says that after not kicking the FG on 4th and 1.

I liked the decision, personally. I just didn't like the play call. The delayed handoff took way too long to develop. Should have ran a quick handoff or something of that sort.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Stig: "This one's on me."

He says that after not kicking the FG on 4th and 1.

I liked the decision, personally. I just didn't like the play call. The delayed handoff took way too long to develop. Should have ran a quick handoff or something of that sort.
                Liked the decision, too. But if Stig was a genius last week, he's a dope this week. No double-standards, right? Oh, wait...I bet there will be. Sill waiting for us to play a complete, consistent game against a non-Division III opponent.

Our lines stink. We will get SLAUGHTERED in Fargo next week. Hope I'm wrong. But I wouldn't bet a buck I will be.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;259452]
                  Line play was the difference in this game vs last.
                  this win would have been huge for playoffs. Nothing is easy any more.[/QUOT

I agree with going for it on 4th down also. The way the first half went, FGs werent going to win it. As it turned out, it would have
                  Here I am going to disagree. Last week I felt we should keep pushing and playing to try to win as opposed to trying not to lose. Today we were down and my personal feeling is you never leave points on the field edpecially in the 2nd half. There are only so many possessions you get t to try to score. Gettimg 3 and tying is better then being down 3. Overall the lines did not look good. Amazed we got the yards we did and doesn't seem like we had the yardage advantage. They sure looked like they wanted it more then us. All that talk about them playing more physical really showed I thought.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    Liked the decision, too. But if Stig was a genius last week, he's the goat this week. No double-standards, right? Oh, wait...I bet there will be. Sill waiting for us to play a complete, consistent game against a non-Division III opponent.

Our lines stink. We will get SLAUGHTERED in Fargo next week. Hope I'm wrong. But I wouldn't bet a buck I will be.
                    Well, you called him the goat he last two times the team won, why would anyone expect anything else.

I'll admit I'm an unapologetic homer. Can you admit that your axe is almost ground to a nub?
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

How about those decals?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        How about those decals?
                        Don't mind them. From the stands sort or hard to tell anyway. Didn't care for them with the modern pants style though since the jerseys are more retro look. It like trying to mold new and old when it should be one or the other.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Well, you called him the goat he last two times the team won, why would anyone expect anything else.

I'll admit I'm an unapologetic homer. Can you admit that your axe is almost ground to a nub?
                          Granted. I remain unimpressed, I'm sorry to say. But I'm not going to argue you on that point for even two seconds.
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            How about those decals?
                            The only reason I bring this up is that we lost a winnable game today. I am sad for the players, coaches and fans. That's about all I can say. Very disappointed, but Schmidt happens.

Comment

Going for it on 4th down, right decision. Calling a delayed handoff with a line that was getting no push, inexcusable. That's what frustrates me. Stig taking the blame, I guess ultimately it is his fault. He let the call go through, but I'll throw more blame at the oc. Also and this will be the last time I bring it up, why on Gods green earth would you have a d-line 2yds off the ball when you are getting pushed back constantly. I'll never understand it, to me they should never be off the line that much. Guess I was wise to stay out of coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                Going for it on 4th down, right decision. Calling a delayed handoff with a line that was getting no push, inexcusable. That's what frustrates me. Stig taking the blame, I guess ultimately it is his fault. He let the call go through, but I'll throw more blame at the oc. Also and this will be the last time I bring it up, why on Gods green earth would you have a d-line 2yds off the ball when you are getting pushed back constantly. I'll never understand it, to me they should never be off the line that much. Guess I was wise to stay out of coaching.
                                Was he in pistol or shotgun formation? If we were going to run it which seemed obvious why not get under center.

Comment

Working...
                                X