Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2014

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
    Love the old helmet logo for this weekend. Personally I dont think you really need to wear an old school uniform with it. I think it would look just fine with any of our current unform schemes.
    My thought is if you are going to use an old helmet, complete the look by using matching unifroms. I would love for them to bust out white pants to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      do most teams use helmet decals? I figured that they were actually like painted on or somesort of gloss coverings to protect the helmet and paint etc. I know in high school back in the 90s they used decals but wasnt sure if higher levels of college etc use decals or if the logo is painted on. wasnt jacks if that style or font used a lot in the 80s? any one with sports equipment back ground maybe shed some light on how that actually works.
      Most are decals. There's usually a few college across the county a week that have the decals coming off.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Anyone know our all-time record on Hobo Day? I seem to recall we are pretty tough to beat historically.
        I looked it up earlier this week. Not 100% positive, but something like 59-36-5

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          My thought is if you are going to use an old helmet, complete the look by using matching unifroms. I would love for them to bust out white pants to go with it.
          I understand where you are coming from, it would be cool to see a complete retro look. I just dont think it will look bad with anything we have now either. I would guess we will come out with the jerseys we first wore for the USD home game 2 years ago, blue with Jacks accross the top, if not the old white pants, I would guess yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            I feel that way too. I think they use to wear white pants with a blue and yellow stripe down the side. that with the current retro jersey they are wearing would look sharp for a throwback style. kinda gotta go all in. the classic jersey look with the modern style pants just doesnt look right to me.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
              I understand where you are coming from, it would be cool to see a complete retro look. I just dont think it will look bad with anything we have now either. I would guess we will come out with the jerseys we first wore for the USD home game 2 years ago, blue with Jacks accross the top, if not the old white pants, I would guess yellow.
              Thats my guess with yellow pants and those jerseys.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

YSU write up and coach's weekly press conference video

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fbal...201410215ldf9y

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  Prediction time:

We limit the amount of running plays where Zenner runs directly in to the ass end of his center
                  I hope your right.

Comment

do most teams use helmet decals? I figured that they were actually like painted on or somesort of gloss coverings to protect the helmet and paint etc. I know in high school back in the 90s they used decals but wasnt sure if higher levels of college etc use decals or if the logo is painted on. wasnt jacks if that style or font used a lot in the 80s? any one with sports equipment back ground maybe shed some light on how that actually works.
                    Most have decals. Many schools change them out weekly.

I remember when I graduated in 91 those were the decals. I think they lasted till 93-95 then switched to the SD. There have been at least 3 versions of the SD since.

I like the the retro look but would love to see the white pants with yellow and blue stripes down the side as part of the retro look with the special jerseys they used in the playoffs 2 years ago.
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                      Most have decals. Many schools change them out weekly.

I remember when I graduated in 91 those were the decals. I think they lasted till 93-95 then switched to the SD. There have been at least 3 versions of the SD since.

I like the the retro look but would love to see the white pants with yellow and blue stripes down the side as part of the retro look with the special jerseys they used in the playoffs 2 years ago.
                      Thanks and I agree that would be cool to see again that look.

Comment

Looking forward to another fun MVFC contest. You guys have our number, but your pure dominance last year in the Ice Castle is something YSU best not forget. Zenner and Co. embarrassed YSU.

Enjoy Hobo Day and the beautiful weather this weekend in Brookings!

Go YSU!

Comment

Mixed feelings about that if they dont go old school with all the uniform. They will need to wear yellow or white pants with a stripe down the side to hopefully tie in the old school look with the current uniforms they have been wearing assumign those will still be worn.

How many years has it been since they work jacks on the helmet like that?
                          I never liked those decals back in the olden days, but at least they seem to have eliminated the stripe that went around the back of the helmet. Those will work for a throwback game, though. Back to the SD next week, I hope.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Decals!!! Really !!! It would be nice to take a three game win streak into Fargo. We have to go 1-0 this week to do that. Are those Bison fans going to be intimidated with our helmet decals?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Decals!!! Really !!! It would be nice to take a three game win streak into Fargo. We have to go 1-0 this week to do that. Are those Bison fans going to be intimidated with our helmet decals?
                              No. But are we not allowed to offer an opinion regarding something posted in the thread?
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Guess we aren't allowed to talk about anything other than breaking down film and explaining why we win or lose.

Student athletes love new uniforms and helmets are part of that. I feel like this has been discussed several times.

Comment

Working...
                                X