Hobo Day 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2014

And who made me moderator? Post whatever you want. Is a decal discussion above and beyond negative comments such as mine?
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-23-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      Guess we aren't allowed to talk about anything other than breaking down film and explaining why we win or lose.

Student athletes love new uniforms and helmets are part of that. I feel like this has been discussed several times.
      But but but...no one on this board knows anything about X's and O's! Come on!

Comment

Personally, I favor an X to O ratio of about 3 to 2.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
          Looking forward to another fun MVFC contest. You guys have our number, but your pure dominance last year in the Ice Castle is something YSU best not forget. Zenner and Co. embarrassed YSU.

Enjoy Hobo Day and the beautiful weather this weekend in Brookings!

Go YSU!
          I look forward to this contest too. I won't say this is a must win(there is a lot of talk about that on this board).

I think that YSU will be hard pressed to make the playoffs if they don't win this game. They still have to go on the road and play @NDSU and @ Illinois State. I think those might be the 2 best teams in the conference. I think they will beat both USD and Indiana State at home but will that get then in? I don't know. They should still be in the discussion but that probably doesn't make anybody feel comfortable.

SDSU has it a little bit easier. They are @NDSU and @ Indiana State. I'm hoping that they can beat Indiana State on the road. They play both Western Illinois and USD at home. Western has been hanging with everybody and USD will want this game more that another game but I think that is a easier schedule than YSU's.

I think you have about everything right except it should say, "Go SDSU".

Comment

From the YSU fan board -
            Is it true that our punter hurt his knee practicing on grass Wednesday?
            We need to be bulldogs to take care of the hobos.
            GO GUINS

Yep, Cejudo is injured. Unsure of his status for saturday. Could be bad news......

Yikes!! Love his kicking ability (xp, fg, and ko) but hopefully YSU has a back up that can get the ball off his toe in under a minute on the punt
            Backup punter is the true freshman Nick Sheely from Austintown Fitch who is redshirting.... Bad situation right here guys.

RR thoughts - Natural grass and a back up punter, possibly FG/KO also. Maybe some Rabbit feet rubbed success in special teams play for Hobo Day?

Comment

On Hobo day, the Wooden Legs Brewery has a free will offering for a pancake breakfast. The money goes to CASA which is a group who is an advocate for children in the court system. It will also put you in the place to purchase a mug of the special batch of Hobo Brew that was developed for this occasion. So there is one more thing to do while in Brookings before or during the parade.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Back to Jersey Talk

TV said in his live chat "It'll be the throwback "JACKS" blue jerseys with yellow pants"

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
                  Back to Jersey Talk

TV said in his live chat "It'll be the throwback "JACKS" blue jerseys with yellow pants"

Havent they worn the throwback "jacks jersey most of the year? so the jacks decal and yellow pants. which dont get me wrong at home i think should always be yellow, but if they are doing a true throwback the white would be really cool to see.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    On Hobo day, the Wooden Legs Brewery has a free will offering for a pancake breakfast. The money goes to CASA which is a group who is an advocate for children in the court system. It will also put you in the place to purchase a mug of the special batch of Hobo Brew that was developed for this occasion. So there is one more thing to do while in Brookings before or during the parade.
                    This is an excellent brewery and be sure if you get a flight sample get the ghost pepper beer... Really unique.

Comment

Ben's Bar in Yankton will be tapping a keg of the limited edition Hobo Brew from Wooden Legs on Saturday morning. I'll be in Brookings but for those in the Yankton area that can't be at the game have the option to go to Ben's for this unique experience.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        This is an excellent brewery and be sure if you get a flight sample get the ghost pepper beer... Really unique.
                        The Pepper Jacked (ghost pepper) beer is very unique, but I don't think I could drink a whole one on its own. It added a nice kick when I mixed it with the Barnyard Cadet (smoked stout - also an old SDSC nickname) they had a few weeks back. Was there the other night and had a Sanderson's Garden Strawberry wheat. It's a Belgian Style wheat bear with strawberry added from Aurora's Sanderson Gardens. It was flippin delicious.

For HoboDay they are also doing a South Dakota tap takeover - meaning they will be featuring beers from nearly every South Dakota craft brewery.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                          The Pepper Jacked (ghost pepper) beer is very unique, but I don't think I could drink a whole one on its own. It added a nice kick when I mixed it with the Barnyard Cadet (smoked stout - also an old SDSC nickname) they had a few weeks back. Was there the other night and had a Sanderson's Garden Strawberry wheat. It's a Belgian Style wheat bear with strawberry added from Aurora's Sanderson Gardens. It was flippin delicious.

For HoboDay they are also doing a South Dakota tap takeover - meaning they will be featuring beers from nearly every South Dakota craft brewery.
                          The tap list for the takeover is pretty impressive. Wish I could make it but unfortunately I have to be in Aberdeen for a cousin's wedding reception.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            The tap list for the takeover is pretty impressive. Wish I could make it but unfortunately I have to be in Aberdeen for a cousin's wedding reception.
                            What a horrible cousin to have a wedding reception that day, and they better have an open bar or free kegs or something.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post

RE; The pepper beer. You're right, it's a spicy challenge, but one worth trying in one of their short-glass flights. They have a really nice tomato mix that they offer to make it a red beer. That was very, very good together, and reminded me of the old red beer days at Hort's. You whippersnappers will never know. Most of us old fogeys can't remember, except maybe JackJD.

Comment

A good laugh if you don't take it serious. It is also complimentary.
                                http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/oct/2...aze/?newswatch

Comment

Working...
                                X