10/11/14 VS. Missouri State Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/11/14 VS. Missouri State Bears

Time to forget about the dissapointing loss at ISU(r) and focus on what changes need to be made for the Jacks to be 1-0 this week at home against a solid MSU team. Looking at some stats they seem to be two evenly matched teams, hoping for a good game and a loud crowd this weekend at CAS.

Re: 10/11/14 VS. Missouri State Bears

Weather looks good. Tailgating at 1 pm with kickoff at 6 pm. Hoping for a solid showing on both sides of the ball. Defense has a lot to prove this week. Seems clear that the key to competing in the conference and qualifying for a playoff spot is going to be defense.

Can't turn it over, that will kill you. Offense is going to be fine. Kick coverage is just awful and I don't know how to remedy that.

Kids adopted a couple of pet rabbits this week. Named them Jack and Zach Rabbit. Hoping they bring good luck.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Weather looks good. Tailgating at 1 pm with kickoff at 6 pm. Hoping for a solid showing on both sides of the ball. Defense has a lot to prove this week. Seems clear that the key to competing in the conference and qualifying for a playoff spot is going to be defense.

Can't turn it over, that will kill you. Offense is going to be fine. Kick coverage is just awful and I don't know how to remedy that.

Kids adopted a couple of pet rabbits this week. Named them Jack and Zach Rabbit. Hoping they bring good luck.
      Stay in your lane and wrap up! If it were only that simple right? Kickoff coverage has a lot to do with effort. It was pretty clear in the game against Mizzou that a player gave up and the return man went right through where he should have been to make the tackle. Didn't see the kickoff return against ISU-R.

On the menu this weekend, roughly 50 pounds of smoked brisket. We will likely be in the Priority Lot to the west of the stadium much earlier than normal. Calico beans, cheesy potatoes, beers, whiskey, and whatever else to drink. Hope to see lots of people there.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Stay in your lane and wrap up! If it were only that simple right? Kickoff coverage has a lot to do with effort. It was pretty clear in the game against Mizzou that a player gave up and the return man went right through where he should have been to make the tackle. Didn't see the kickoff return against ISU-R.

On the menu this weekend, roughly 50 pounds of smoked brisket. We will likely be in the Priority Lot to the west of the stadium much earlier than normal. Calico beans, cheesy potatoes, beers, whiskey, and whatever else to drink. Hope to see lots of people there.
        Peel an eat Cajun style shrimp and pig wings at the YJC lot. Plenty of beer, no whiskey. Hoping the wind is more reasonable than Oshkosh.

FYI, the South Dakota Pork Council is hosting their annual tailgate on Hobo Day at the YJC site. Free pork bacon and cheddar burgers (damn good) and pig wings while they last. Starting at 10 am, all are welcome.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Looks like the Jacks defense has their work cut out for them again with another explosive playmaker at QB for Missouri State. Kierra Harris has accounted for 15 of MSU's 16 TD's on the season, 11 passing and 4 rushing TD's, with only 3 INT's. He's averaging over 230 all purpose yards per game. If the Jacks can contain Harris, they come out with the W, IMO.

Comment

Peel an eat Cajun style shrimp and pig wings at the YJC lot. Plenty of beer, no whiskey. Hoping the wind is more reasonable than Oshkosh.

FYI, the South Dakota Pork Council is hosting their annual tailgate on Hobo Day at the YJC site. Free pork bacon and cheddar burgers (damn good) and pig wings while they last. Starting at 10 am, all are welcome.
            I'll bring over some brisket in exchange for a couple of those shrimp and one pig wing.

EDIT: One must consume bourbon with barbecue or so it has been written somewhere I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              I'll bring over some brisket in exchange for a couple of those shrimp and one pig wing.

EDIT: One must consume bourbon with barbecue or so it has been written somewhere I believe.
              Trade accepted.

FYI, 3 cases of the flu being reported in SD this week. Time for everyone to get vaccinated.

Comment

Attendance predictions?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
                  Attendance predictions?
                  SDSU Ticket Dept. is predicting 12,000-13,000. Not buying that. I am thinking around 10,000

Comment

10k max. After that stinker last week enthusiasm is down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      SDSU Ticket Dept. is predicting 12,000-13,000. Not buying that. I am thinking around 10,000
                      They were running a special on Twitter today for a "Meal Deal" that included a standing room ticket. I'm guessing that means there aren't many seats left.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        They were running a special on Twitter today for a "Meal Deal" that included a standing room ticket. I'm guessing that means there aren't many seats left.
                        Saw that deal as well. But there are still plenty of reserved tickets available.

Comment

Seeings as how I owe you some Beers, what is your favorite type. I'll bring you some.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Seeings as how I owe you some Beers, what is your favorite type. I'll bring you some.
                            Bring something you like and we will share. Plenty of food at our site, hang out for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We need to be ready for a lot of dynamic playmakers again this week, including a mobile QB. The defense better do a 180 (meaning not having the line of scrimmage reset 3 yards deep and LBs failing to make tackles) or we could be in for it again.

Missouri State is pretty stout on defense. We must get better offensive line play this week so we can control the pace of play better than last week. Turnovers = 0.

Special teams - Hopefully we have made necessary adjustments. That, or I am almost ready to suggest we kick the damn thing out of bounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X