Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/4/14 vs. Illinois State RedBirds

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Going to be 44 for the high temp here on Friday. Likely to be a light freeze up north. High 40's is about just right for FB. Put on some sleeves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    South Dakota weather in central Illinois. I like it.

Wasn't ISU-R the opponent after that blizzard in 2008? I wasn't living back in SD yet so I didn't attend but did watch a beautiful performance out of Ryan Berry that day.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Also fellow Jacks fans and Redbirds fans frequenting our board: kickoff is at 2 pm. I have to attend the birthday of a one-year old on Saturday. Yes, a one-year old that will not recall his birthday, who attended or any other damn thing that takes place that day. Please help a guy out and keep the gameday thread updated as best we can to relieve my pain. Am I being dramatic? Yes. Is that typical? Yes. Is it warranted? Don't ask my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Also fellow Jacks fans and Redbirds fans frequenting our board: kickoff is at 2 pm. I have to attend the birthday of a one-year old on Saturday. Yes, a one-year old that will not recall his birthday, who attended or any other damn thing that takes place that day. Please help a guy out and keep the gameday thread updated as best we can to relieve my pain. Am I being dramatic? Yes. Is that typical? Yes. Is it warranted? Don't ask my wife.
        Get used to it KUL. My own daughter is getting married on Hobo Day weekend. The insanity never stops.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I'll be at a wedding in Brookings. Also appreciate updates.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            I feel your pain. In work meetings all day....on a Saturday. I'll be checking my phone for updates approx every 48 seconds...
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

My wife and I are driving to Brookings to watch the SDSU Classic Cross Country meet Saturday morning. We're wondering if Cubby's will be picking up the pay-per-view of the game from Illinois State. Does anyone know if the game will be on a big screen at Cubbys?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                My wife and I are driving to Brookings to watch the SDSU Classic Cross Country meet Saturday morning. We're wondering if Cubby's will be picking up the pay-per-view of the game from Illinois State. Does anyone know if the game will be on a big screen at Cubbys?
                They had the Southern Utah game on so I would imagine that if they can buy it, they will have it on!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                  Get used to it KUL. My own daughter is getting married on Hobo Day weekend. The insanity never stops.
                  Is she a USD grad? That can be the only way she'd punish you so.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    All my daughters are aware that any weddings will happen after February 10th and before May 15th. Football and lake cabin time, unless they're getting married at the cabin or at the tailgate and making the game the reception.

Comment

Weddings,birthdays and work on football Saturdays? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0g-R7ZODY

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        Weddings,birthdays and work on football Saturdays? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0g-R7ZODY
                        Very good chance my wife might be in labor so updates would be appreciated. I will allow any poster to tell her to her face she should choose a different time to be in labor if you would like b/c I won't have the guts to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                          Very good chance my wife might be in labor so updates would be appreciated. I will allow any poster to tell her to her face she should choose a different time to be in labor if you would like b/c I won't have the guts to do it.
                          Cant you have the radio on?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                            You have to admit, it will be pretty cool to see your daughter get married at Hobo Day tailgate. Wait, do you mean she actually scheduled the wedding on Hobo Day and you can't go to the game???

My advice to those with young families: make SDSU football a high priority now if you don't want to get roped into birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, family reunions, cousins in town, fix the sink, mow the lawn, go grocery shopping etc. SDSU football shouldn't be your highest priority, but there are a ton of pretty unimportant things that come up that can make it tough for a family man to make games. Let your family know SDSU football is a priority, and your intention is to attend every home game. Truly important things do come up that can't be avoided, but a freeking 1 year old birthday that could be scheduled anytime that day (or the next day, or the previous/next weekend)??? This includes leaving pheasant hunts early to make it to games, and it might even mean skipping the Thanksgiving saturday nap to make it to a playoff game (gasp, but my mom's aunt's neighbor always has everyone over that day!!!).

If you don't make SDSU football a priority, just wait and see. Next comes the heat to give up season tickets because "its quite a bit of money, and you only made it to 3 games last year..."

Edit: I realize ISU-r is an away game. But following the previous advice will also ensure it is possible to listen/watch away games as well.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I will be stuck at work anyway so going to listen to it and read along on here. Since I am the only one in the office I can yell and cheer with reckless abandon.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I will be stuck at work anyway so going to listen to it and read along on here. Since I am the only one in the office I can yell and cheer with reckless abandon.

Good to know other non-locals will be yelling/cheering at our computers!

Comment

Working...
                                X